Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » TUNA & Big Game

TUNA & Big Game TUNA - Offshore Fishing for Tuna and Other Big Game

Old 08-18-2009, 04:14 AM   #1
keeperreaper
Spot Preserver

Reports for the week of 8/15

Fished east and up around P-Town last week. There are a ton of fish up by the tip. Most days were filled with multiple fish caught using everything from bars to bait. It is nice to finally see the summer pattern being established as it is (summer) almost over and the real good fishing is right around the corner. Did a shark trip on last Wednesday and had over 30 bluedogs caught some upwards of 300lbs. Fun day on a really big go fast boat. Had one fish rip off line and could feel the beating tail; never saw it but where the leader broke I assume it was a thresher based on proximity to the swivel. It is fun to have a relaxing day on the water.

A nice thing to see is that there is a younger year class fish out there. Everyone has caught all the 62-68" fish they want but now there is the 50-54" class out there. That is good news.

Summary: A lot of tuna were caught last week, great memories with great friends, and just an overall enjoyable time.

Make America Great Again.
keeperreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:59 AM   #2
Pete_G

I haven't been fishing the Cape but where I've been there are also a LOT of small fish; ranging from as little as 20 up to around 80 pounds.

It was encouraging to see that many little ones blitzing schools of 10" sandeels and other baitfish. There were tuna as far as I could see and boats in the neighborhood (5 to 10 miles away) near me saw the same thing. I think it would be safe to say there were acres of schools of fish breaking on that day.
Pete_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 01:10 PM   #3
stiff tip

reapper

how about a pm for a few ##### to start withi could use a faver ive be4en in akaska for 3wks its unreal and need a tuna trip.......going on thurs i hope !!!!!!! dave
stiff tip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:04 AM   #4
fish4striper

sounds like you're slaying them as usual Matt, nice job!

Can't wait to try out east in Sept when I'm down there
fish4striper is offline   Reply With Quote