Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-24-2018, 08:47 PM   #91
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
No just when some are being intellectually lazy.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Go back to the thread,you got caught saying more stupids and started pouting. Lots of that lately but you feel cornered.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 10-25-2018, 07:44 AM   #92
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
the bathroom bill has been on the books for 2 years and no of the fear mongering presented by conservatives has happened ...

I work at a female correctional facility I can assure you. the women I have seen with transgender dysphoria if they walked into a men's room you would not even notice them ...

if forced to use a women's restroom all the little girls and your wifes who you fear will be attacked would be saying WTF is this man doing in a ladies rest room..

But seeing many people have zero encounters that they know of or know any of these people personally .. these fairy tales come to life until it happens in their family then their tune changes

the same fairy tales were associated with desegregation ,Gays , gay marriage and I would guess by some who are using fairy tail of we need the protection of innocent women and children from Men claiming to be a women
I'd imagine that your job gives you a very unique, and a very valid, insight into these kinds of things. But not all women are in prison, and a lot of normal women are uncomfortable with sharing a bathroom with a man, and I don't think it's weird for them to feel that way. My brother went to Connecticut College, a very liberal private college. In the 1990s, one dorm there decided that since they were so evolved, they'd make the bathrooms co-ed. Some kids were fine with it. Some, mostly girls, refused to go in the bathrooms in their dorm.
Old 10-25-2018, 07:45 AM   #93
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
the bathroom bill has been on the books for 2 years and no of the fear mongering presented by conservatives has happened ...

I work at a female correctional facility I can assure you. the women I have seen with transgender dysphoria if they walked into a men's room you would not even notice them ...

if forced to use a women's restroom all the little girls and your wifes who you fear will be attacked would be saying WTF is this man doing in a ladies rest room..

But seeing many people have zero encounters that they know of or know any of these people personally .. these fairy tales come to life until it happens in their family then their tune changes

the same fairy tales were associated with desegregation ,Gays , gay marriage and I would guess by some who are using fairy tail of we need the protection of innocent women and children from Men claiming to be a women
"the bathroom bill has been on the books for 2 years and no of the fear mongering presented by conservatives has happened ... "

That's actually not true, you can google it. I'm not saying it happens all the time, but there have been cases of weird men taking advantage of liberalism to gain access to the ladies room to do weird, very weird, things.
Old 10-25-2018, 07:49 AM   #94
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
How far apart do mens and women’s rooms need to be
You are somehow under the impression that all that would happen is a couple of new signs
Yet you are concerned about sending young children into a bathroom that has a typical configuration today
Have you even looked at what is proposed for gender neutral restrooms
Your attitude towards women is very similar to conservatives throughout the world, Christian and Muslim alike
"How far apart do mens and women’s rooms need to be"

Don't know, don't care. This is about allowing men to use a ladies room.

"you are concerned about sending young children into a bathroom that has a typical configuration today "

First of all, it's not just me who is concerned. A lot of people are, mostly women. I am responding to their concerns. You are dismissing their concerns as illegitimate.

Isn't your side saying, at the moment, that we should be believing all women? How come that doesn't apply here? Have fun with THAT.
Old 10-25-2018, 07:56 AM   #95
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Never heard of it happening. .
Shocker. Because they won't report such things, on MSNBC.
Old 10-25-2018, 08:08 AM   #96
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"How far apart do mens and women’s rooms need to be"

Don't know, don't care. This is about allowing men to use a ladies room.

"you are concerned about sending young children into a bathroom that has a typical configuration today "

First of all, it's not just me who is concerned. A lot of people are, mostly women. I am responding to their concerns. You are dismissing their concerns as illegitimate.

Isn't your side saying, at the moment, that we should be believing all women? How come that doesn't apply here? Have fun with THAT.
Have you even looked at what is proposed for gender neutral restrooms

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-25-2018, 09:23 AM   #97
Pete F.
Canceled

A little bit on changing how we view restrooms and i think it very directly addresses some people's concerns
Restrooms aren’t normally given prime positions in building planning. “There’s a tendency in architecture where bathrooms get the least thought; you just work by code,” says Cassell. This is a problem on multiple levels and contributes to a lack of interest in their design. Then there are the safety concerns. As Nardella notes, “Usually they end up in the back corner of the building, the least safe part. No one is there to see them, monitor them. We should be asking: How can we make them appear better so we can integrate them into the rest of the building’s public space?” (Many new Chain store designs have the Restrooms in front)
Ultimately, these changes are relatively simple to conceptualize. And while there is value in same-gendered spaces, expanding unisex restrooms offers safety and protection to far more than just transgender people—from the mom who doesn’t want to send her 8-year-old into the men’s room alone to an elderly person who might need a caretaker of the opposite gender’s help when using the facilities. In this way, unisex restrooms address a whole host of demographic changes and design problems.

“This is just better design,” Nardella says. “Better for everyone.”

read the whole article here, it has some layouts and discussion of options
https://qz.com/933704/how-to-design-...ers-feel-safe/

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-25-2018, 09:29 AM   #98
PaulS

FYI the bathrooms at the Air France terminal at Charles de Gaulle are all unisex. No one seems to be freaking out or looking under the doors at everyone else.
Old 10-25-2018, 10:25 AM   #99
scottw

great potty talk....you guys are hilarious...impressive urinal knowledge