Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating Ľ Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk Ľ Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-04-2018, 10:53 AM   #1
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,633
SNL makes fun of appearance of Navy Seal who lost eye in combat

i expect the democrats will retake the house Tuesday. If the GOP holds on, i will think of this clip, think of all the big shots at NBC who think this is great, and i will be the happiest person on the planet.

F**k these people.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/11/0...G4_iHHKqIGBpyQ
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 11:25 AM   #2
Pete F.
Master trŚd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 3,638
Must be Faux is tired of winning so now they are horrified by comedians, women and children, and things they take out of context.
Tough being a victim isnít it
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 12:18 PM   #3
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Must be Faux is tired of winning so now they are horrified by comedians, women and children, and things they take out of context.
Tough being a victim isnít it
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device


The put his PHOTO on the screen, and mocked what he gave.

Put that in any context you want, and then go #^&#^&#^&#^& yourself.

The GOP is pulverizing your side all over the map, at every level, Do you even know what "victim" means? Were the Red Sox "victims" this season?
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 01:08 PM   #4
Pete F.
Master trŚd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 3,638
Tuesday
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 01:54 PM   #5
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

Put that in any context you want, and then go #^&#^&#^&#^& yourself.
trumpian.....
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 02:30 PM   #6
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Tuesday
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
in what context is it acceptable or funny to make fun of a vet for combat wounds? please
enlighten us...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 02:32 PM   #7
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
trumpian.....
context...

these people are so stupid and so cruel and so ugly, iím out of words. piece of crap.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 03:09 PM   #8
basswipe
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
basswipe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: RI
Posts: 5,623
As a vet this makes me sick.This is unacceptable.

I would ask the snl moron if he would make fun of a downs syndrome kid or a woman who was raped or a black man shot by a cop?But a Republican who just happens to be a COMBAT WOUNDED VET...no problem.

Pete if you can justify and legitimize THAT skit,you can justify ANYTHING.And that my friend is truly scary and what is wrong with America right now.

I will make no further comments in this thread.World piece.
basswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 03:45 PM   #9
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 18,288
Funny, a comedian makes a disrespectful joke and itís cause for ww3, Trump repeatedly mocks a war hero and itís look the other way I got a little tax break. Not to mention how heís using active duty troops for his political stunt down south.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 04:14 PM   #10
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Funny, a comedian makes a disrespectful joke and itís cause for ww3, Trump repeatedly mocks a war hero and itís look the other way I got a little tax break. Not to mention how heís using active duty troops for his political stunt down south.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
there was all kinds of republican uproar when trump said that about mccain. can you go a day without lying, mister iím the
most objective person here?Ē. everything has to
come back to trump.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 05:07 PM   #11
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK
iTrader: (0)
 
RIROCKHOUND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Westlery, RI
Posts: 9,652
I think it is a bad joke, and pretty tasteless. But then again I donít find that guy funny anyways. I donít think it was the worst thing I have ever heard either in terms of meanness. I do think if the guy had been running as a dem the same joke probably would have been made....
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 05:24 PM   #12
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 18,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
there was all kinds of republican uproar when trump said that about mccain. can you go a day without lying, mister iím the
most objective person here?Ē. everything has to
come back to trump.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Uproar that went nowhere.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 06:45 PM   #13
nightfighter
Seldom Seen
iTrader: (0)
 
nightfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 8,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Funny, a comedian makes a disrespectful joke and itís cause for ww3, Trump repeatedly mocks a war hero and itís look the other way I got a little tax break. Not to mention how heís using active duty troops for his political stunt down south.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jeff, you introduce diversion tactics way too often. Did you find the skit disrespectful to the veteran and Americans in general, or not? Leave the other stuff out of your answer.

ďAmericans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.Ē Ė James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 06:54 PM   #14
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 18,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Jeff, you introduce diversion tactics way too often. Did you find the skit disrespectful to the veteran and Americans in general, or not? Leave the other stuff out of your answer.
I said in the post you quoted I thought it was disrespectful, just pointing out the hypocrisy.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:05 PM   #15
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,633
ďhe lost his eye in a war, or whatever.Ē
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:36 PM   #16
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 18,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
ďhe lost his eye in a war, or whatever.Ē
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Did you think Trumpís remarks about McCain should have been disqualifying in the primary?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:41 PM   #17
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Did you think Trumpís remarks about McCain should have been disqualifying in the primary?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
everything has to go back to trump with you. mr. objectivity canít bear to focus on gross misconduct on his side.

yes it should have been disqualifying and i said so at the time . i can call
out horrible
bile on my side.

why canít you, mr objectivity?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 08:01 PM   #18
Pete F.
Master trŚd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 3,638
Trump is your leader, like it or vote otherwise
The other guy you are whining about is a f ng comedian
Pretty big difference or maybe you think Trump is just a reality tv star
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 08:19 PM   #19
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Trump is your leader, like it or vote otherwise
The other guy you are whining about is a f ng comedian
Pretty big difference or maybe you think Trump is just a reality tv star
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
obama was also my leader. i was able to talk about other things. but i wasnít obsessed and deranged, i had that going for
me.

Iím whining. he posts the photo
of an injured vet on national tv, and mocks him. and when i complain, you say iím whining.

if thatís whining, then do you ever do anything, other than whine about Trump? Ever? have fun with that question.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 08:36 PM   #20
Pete F.
Master trŚd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 3,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
obama was also my leader. i was able to talk about other things. but i wasnít obsessed and deranged, i had that going for
me.

Iím whining. he posts the photo
of an injured vet on national tv, and mocks him. and when i complain, you say iím whining.

if thatís whining, then do you ever do anything, other than whine about Trump? Ever? have fun with that question.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
You claim that what a comedian puts on tv is So important
So Trump is less important than a comedian
Trump is responsible for far more deaths and trauma in the last week than that comedian
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Pete
In life, it's important to know when to stop arguing with people and simply let them be wrong.
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 10:19 PM   #21
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
You claim that what a comedian puts on tv is So important
So Trump is less important than a comedian
Trump is responsible for far more deaths and trauma in the last week than that comedian
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
never said a comedian is more important. another common tactic among liberal babies, isnthat when they cannot effectively respond to whatís been asked, they instead respond to something that no one ever, ever said. no one ever said trump is less important. but what SNL and NBC did to this brave selfless SEAL, is disgusting. that doesnít mean they are more important than Trump. Iím glad youíre a democrat, thatís where you belong.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 10:22 PM   #22
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
I I do think if the guy had been running as a dem the same joke probably would have been made....
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
the segment was about freaky people in politics. do you want to guess how many democrats they poked fun at, among the handful
of politicians he made fun of? youíre a sharp guy, go ahead, guess.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 10:30 PM   #23
Pete F.
Master trŚd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 3,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
I think it is a bad joke, and pretty tasteless. But then again I donít find that guy funny anyways. I donít think it was the worst thing I have ever heard either in terms of meanness. I do think if the guy had been running as a dem the same joke probably would have been made....
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
But it wouldnít have been on Faux
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Pete
In life, it's important to know when to stop arguing with people and simply let them be wrong.
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 12:45 AM   #24
Ian
Idiot
iTrader: (0)
 
Ian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glastonbury, CT
Posts: 2,048
Say what you want about what he said about the Seal, but his comments about Mike Penceís brother looking like a ken doll that spent a month in a river had me laughing out loud... glad I wasnít drinking milk

Iím glad he finished with the one that he (clearly) felt was the most controversial
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 12:59 AM   #25
Ian
Idiot
iTrader: (0)
 
Ian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glastonbury, CT
Posts: 2,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i expect the democrats will retake the house Tuesday. If the GOP holds on, i will think of this clip, think of all the big shots at NBC who think this is great, and i will be the happiest person on the planet.

F**k these people.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/11/0...G4_iHHKqIGBpyQ
I just want to comment on this post for a second, because youíve taken the stupid views of a guy who proposed to Ariana Grande after dating for 5 weeks and somehow peanut buttered that as some sort of liberal shadow agenda for hating military vets?

Dude... you gotta turn it down a little. Weíre all Americans, and what divides us isnít as good vs evil as you seem to think it is. This guy is a moron, and the skit fell very flat on that joke, but comedians are famous for doing stupid sh$t like that. Itís not the first time itís happened, and it wonít be the last. But good god, it doesnít mean a bunch of liberal elite NBC Democratic donors are laughing themselves to sleep thinking about the Navy SEAL they just mocked... turn off the Fox News for a little bit and try to think about things through an a non polarizing political viewpoint, it might help us actually imagine some future where we reverse this really awful trend weíre in where everyone is either a liberal or a conservative and if youíre one, your job is to try to make the other look like hitler

Because when you say, ď#^&#^&#^&#^& these peopleĒ over a bad joke on a midnight comedy show... i just feel sorry for you
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 05:10 AM   #26
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

Trump is your leader, like it or vote otherwise

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
earth to pete...trump is not on the ballot tomorrow
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 06:24 AM   #27
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
I just want to comment on this post for a second, because youíve taken the stupid views of a guy who proposed to Ariana Grande after dating for 5 weeks and somehow peanut buttered that as some sort of liberal shadow agenda for hating military vets?

Dude... you gotta turn it down a little. Weíre all Americans, and what divides us isnít as good vs evil as you seem to think it is. This guy is a moron, and the skit fell very flat on that joke, but comedians are famous for doing stupid sh$t like that. Itís not the first time itís happened, and it wonít be the last. But good god, it doesnít mean a bunch of liberal elite NBC Democratic donors are laughing themselves to sleep thinking about the Navy SEAL they just mocked... turn off the Fox News for a little bit and try to think about things through an a non polarizing political viewpoint, it might help us actually imagine some future where we reverse this really awful trend weíre in where everyone is either a liberal or a conservative and if youíre one, your job is to try to make the other look like hitler

Because when you say, ď#^&#^&#^&#^& these peopleĒ over a bad joke on a midnight comedy show... i just feel sorry for you
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
dude, i donít gotta do anything.

this was a scripted skit on a major, mainstream network. not in some fringe show.

the put the mans photo on world tv, and made fun of the way he looks, and he only looks different, because he served three combat tours. if he has kids, how do you suppose this makes them feel?

as of last night, neither this comic nor SNL nor NBC has apologized.

i am well
aware, and saddened, by how divided we are. i think the SNL skit is a lot more divisive than my contempt for it.

you are of course, free to disagree.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 06:59 AM   #28
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 16,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
the segment was about freaky people in politics. do you want to guess how many democrats they poked fun at, among the handful
of politicians he made fun of? youíre a sharp guy, go ahead, guess.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Did this chick make the list?


"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 07:14 AM   #29
Pete F.
Master trŚd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 3,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
earth to pete...trump is not on the ballot tomorrow
Better tell Trump
ďIím not on the ticket, but I am on the ticket,Ē Mr Trump told supporters in Mississippi.
ďBecause this is also a referendum about me.
ďI want you to vote, pretend Iím on the ballot.Ē
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Pete
In life, it's important to know when to stop arguing with people and simply let them be wrong.
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 07:18 AM   #30
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Did this chick make the list?

you will be stunned to learn that she did not make the list, nor did Maxine Waters.

The New York Times thought it was a swell segment, and called it their ď bit of the weekĒ.

iíll be watching this congressional race, in TX, hoping to see that the Seal wins.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com