Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating Ľ Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk Ľ Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2020, 08:30 AM   #91
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 13,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
My tone hasnít changed, I love the holier than thou attitude of you three omigos, thought Iíd take a page out of the SD playbook and taunt you where it might hit home. Flipping back to Trump and religion and hypocrisy, so someone so vile, someone breaking so many of the precious Ten Commandments at will, is supported by good religions people why? That is blatant hypocrisy.
"My tone hasnít changed"

well, you responded to me last week with a profanity-laced rant that had several f-bombs in it. I have never seen you do that before. If that's routine for you, then I guess your tone hasn't changed, in which case I apologize. If that was a new low for you, which I still believe it was, than your tone did change.

I'm not holier-than-thou, I can be as big of a jerk as anyone. I don't pretend otherwise. I was pointing out that from where I sit, your posts are getting angrier and more bitter. I never said or meant to imply that I'm better than that.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 08:34 AM   #92
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 13,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
If I said show me were Biden sexually assaulted some one since the 90s

Would that eliminate his guilt or excuse his behavior ,,,,

You evangelist just steal money pay no taxes they just evolved


And try not taking all religion sucks to all who are religious suck.

But that's hard for you seeing you think religion is under attack..
You need to put some thought into these things...

I never said Biden assaulted anyone. What I said (and I am irrefutably correct) is that in Kavanaugh's case, the mere accusation was enough for Democrats to conclude Kavanaugh was guilty. But they aren't applying that same standard to Biden. If you thought Kavanaugh was guilty, there's no conceivable reason to not think Biden is just as guilty, other than politics.

If being accused of assault means that Kavanaugh isn't fit to be a judge, than why isn't being accused of assault reason to conclude Biden isn't fit to be POTUS? I would just love to hear you respond to that.

"You evangelist just steal money "

That's just brilliant. Churches take voluntary donations. Public unions confiscate money.

"seeing you think religion is under attack"

See if you can answer this. When Obama was president, there was a tr#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g company that shipped a lot of booze. There were Muslim truck drivers who didn't want to ship booze because of their religious beliefs, and the company tried to fire them. Obama's labor department stopped the company from firing them, saying that the Muslim truck drivers cannot be forced to abandon their religious beliefs on the job.

But at the same time, Obama would not offer that same protection to Christian bakers. How come?

I await your answer...

Wayne, I think about things before I form my opinions. I don't blindly believe what one side or the other tells me. The sooner you understand that, the sooner you'll stop embarrassing yourself with nonsensical posts like this. I can go on all day with examples of religions, or certain religions to be more accurate, having their rights trampled.

Here on this board, I thik it was you who said that the My Pillow guy was mocked for bringing religion into the discussion. Why?

In one post you say explicitly that talking about religion is reason to mock a guy (a recovering addict who only manufactures here in America and who is voluntarily making 50,000 PPE masks A DAY), then here you deny religion is under attack. Can't have it both ways.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 04-02-2020 at 08:44 AM..
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 09:29 AM   #93
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

Clinching butt checks
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 09:30 AM   #94
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

you three omigos,

.
aye...yay...yay-yay
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 09:31 AM   #95
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

My tone hasnít changed,.
how would you know?
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 09:36 AM   #96
Pete F.
Master trŚd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 7,364
No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.

For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.



Trumpism is a test of character. It has revealed, to the surprise of some on the left, people on the right who meant what they said and stood by their values. I wonít forget them.

It has also exposed those who were willing to betray any principle for money, power, animus, or tribalism.
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 09:47 AM   #97
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 6,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Spell check provided MRI2 his opening, good to know the irrelevant core is hard at work in this time of need.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 09:50 AM   #98
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK
iTrader: (0)
 
RIROCKHOUND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Westlery, RI
Posts: 9,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Pun intended on 'clenching butt cheeks?'

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 10:23 AM   #99
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Spell check provided MRI2 his opening, good to know the irrelevant core is hard at work in this time of need.
clenching butt check omigo


ya know...when bush would occasionally mispronouncificate a word, he was labeled an idiot...and he didn't have spell check or the ability to review his words before they left his mouth
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 10:49 AM   #100
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 6,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
clenching butt check omigo


ya know...when bush would occasionally mispronouncificate a word, he was labeled an idiot...and he didn't have spell check or the ability to review his words before they left his mouth
I donít like wearing my readers and spell check does itís thing, but who among us missed the meaning? If you are missing the meaning I worry about your cognitive ability, but when it comes to showing how irrelevant you can be, you are the shining star on this board; next to SD of course. Your MRI2 you need to try harder!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 11:11 AM   #101
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 4,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
You need to put some thought into these things...

I never said Biden assaulted anyone. What I said (and I am irrefutably correct) is that in Kavanaugh's case, the mere accusation was enough for Democrats to conclude Kavanaugh was guilty. But they aren't applying that same standard to Biden. If you thought Kavanaugh was guilty, there's no conceivable reason to not think Biden is just as guilty, other than politics.

If being accused of assault means that Kavanaugh isn't fit to be a judge, than why isn't being accused of assault reason to conclude Biden isn't fit to be POTUS? I would just love to hear you respond to that.

"You evangelist just steal money "

That's just brilliant. Churches take voluntary donations. Public unions confiscate money.

"seeing you think religion is under attack"

See if you can answer this. When Obama was president, there was a tr#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g company that shipped a lot of booze. There were Muslim truck drivers who didn't want to ship booze because of their religious beliefs, and the company tried to fire them. Obama's labor department stopped the company from firing them, saying that the Muslim truck drivers cannot be forced to abandon their religious beliefs on the job.

But at the same time, Obama would not offer that same protection to Christian bakers. How come?

I await your answer...

Wayne, I think about things before I form my opinions. I don't blindly believe what one side or the other tells me. The sooner you understand that, the sooner you'll stop embarrassing yourself with nonsensical posts like this. I can go on all day with examples of religions, or certain religions to be more accurate, having their rights trampled.

Here on this board, I thik it was you who said that the My Pillow guy was mocked for bringing religion into the discussion. Why?

In one post you say explicitly that talking about religion is reason to mock a guy (a recovering addict who only manufactures here in America and who is voluntarily making 50,000 PPE masks A DAY), then here you deny religion is under attack. Can't have it both ways.

I am not having it both ways because attacks on religion isn't occurring ... Like i said you see being against discrimination as being an attack on religion ... that's your logic not mine
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 11:18 AM   #102
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 13,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
I am not having it both ways because attacks on religion isn't occurring ... Like i said you see being against discrimination as being an attack on religion ... that's your logic not mine
You are trying to have it both ways, you attacked religion, and then said religion isn't under attack.

"attacks on religion isn't occurring '

Then explain why Obama offered Muslims protections that he denied to Christians? Why did Hobby Lobby and Little Sisters of the Poor have to successfully sue Obama, to prevent him from trampling on their rights? Why are you OK with mocking the My Pillow guy for bringing up religion?
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 11:21 AM   #103
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
I donít like wearing my readers and spell check does itís thing, but who among us missed the meaning? If you are missing the meaning I worry about your cognitive ability, but when it comes to showing how irrelevant you can be, you are the shining star on this board; next to SD of course. Your MRI2 you need to try harder!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I hope you continue to make a fool of yourself...it amuses me
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 11:33 AM   #104
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 6,109
Right back at you, I smile every time you put yet another irrelevant post up, keep up the good work, I need the diversion.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 11:36 AM   #105
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Right back at you, I smile every time you put yet another irrelevant post up, keep up the good work, I need the diversion.
see....I'm glad it makes you smile in your time of need
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 12:30 PM   #106
nightfighter
Seldom Seen
iTrader: (0)
 
nightfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 8,989
FWIW
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RMYB.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	67004  

ďAmericans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.Ē Ė James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com