Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 03-11-2011, 10:59 PM   #31
Katie
Scuttlebutt

Send a message via AIM to Katie Send a message via MSN to Katie Send a message via Skype™ to Katie
Talked to the manager yesterday, said she saw me on the tape. Told her it was bull, cause I don't even know where the room is where this all went down. This is nuts.

Wasajigifying -[ was - a - jig-i-fy-ing] - the concept of not knowing what the hell your saying.

My Photography Page!
Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:23 AM   #32
5/0
Eels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
Talked to the manager yesterday, said she saw me on the tape. Told her it was bull, cause I don't even know where the room is where this all went down. This is nuts.
Yeah,,,,Welcome to da club,Guilty by association

5/0

Live bait sharp hooks and timing is all you need
5/0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:17 AM   #33
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

I think we have to find another place next year. The Hotel doesn't like us anymore. The VFW guys are not thrilled with the folks bringing their own beer and drinking outside on the stairs.
We are persona non gratia in Fairhaven. Let's move it to Newport or Porsmouth or even Narragansett. It's a long ride for me no matter where we have it so I don't care.

How about the biker bar in Bourne across from the Railroad Bridge? I see fights there all the time.

No boat, back in the suds.
piemma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:27 AM   #34
Redsoxticket

This VFW has seen worst from the locals so I don't see any problem with them in the future.
The problem is the Seaport motel next doorl. There are few motels within a 1 mile and more within 2 miles of the Fairhaven VFW. Also the motels and hotels in this area are likely the least expensive in all of MA and RI.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Redsoxticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:32 PM   #35
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

That VFW post saw a stabbing outside of it a couple of years ago. They almost lost their liquor license as a result. But, I guess the culprits didn't bring in their own beer, so that was OK.

Next year, book some rooms at some quality joints in Dartmouth, like the Moby #^&#^&#^&#^&, the Capri, or the King's Inn.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 03:09 PM   #36
MAKAI
Too old to give a....

I have been a bartender since 1974 ( and boy have I got stories to tell ) in addition to many other things. Now I just do functions as needed.

It's a tough job, I am responsible for the sobriety of the room. I can't let anyone leave drunk, regardless if you are driving or not. It's hard enough controlling an all out hootenanny, but when you bring in your own stash c'mon.

I had a bunch of guys sitting at a high top whistling down some bud light cans, we don't sell cans. So I walk up to them and they have a 30 pack in a cooler under the table. I say " What the F*** ! Do you guys bring sand to a beach ? Grow up, put that back in your car, come back in and drink like adults. "

Act like you've scored a touchdown before.

Last edited by MAKAI; 03-12-2011 at 05:51 PM..

May fortune favor the foolish....
MAKAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:51 PM   #37
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKAI View Post
I have been a bartender since 1974 ( and boy have I got stories to tell ) in addition to many other things. Now I just do functions as needed.

It's a tough job, I am responsible for the sobriety of the room. I can't let anyone leave drunk, regardless if you are driving or not. It's hard enough controlling an all out hootenanny, but when you bring in your on stash c'mon.

I had a bunch of guys sitting at a high top whistling down some bud light cans, we don't sell cans. So I walk up to them and they have a 30 pack in a cooler under the table. I say " What the F*** ! Do you guys bring sand to a beach ? Grow up, put that back in your car, come back in and drink like adults. "

Act like you've scored a touchdown before.
Plus, it's not like that VFW post charges an arm and a leg for a beer. I paid $3 for a 12 oz Stella Artois. I imagine that Bud and Bud Lite were about $2 a bottle.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:48 PM   #38
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

People hav ebeen bringing in thier own there since we have been having the TFCTFN there, and this is the first year it was a problem. So next year we don't do that.

I would be careful about what anyone does about the $50.00 charge. I am wondering if the Fire Dept. could jump in on this one and charge you guys as well.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:08 PM   #39
iamskippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmer View Post
People hav ebeen bringing in thier own there since we have been having the TFCTFN there, and this is the first year it was a problem. So next year we don't do that.

I would be careful about what anyone does about the $50.00 charge. I am wondering if the Fire Dept. could jump in on this one and charge you guys as well.
the fire department can not charge the group but they can charge the person or persons involved. or if it was in a room they can charge the renter of said room

also there is nothing listed in there terms and conditions on the website about the charge, unless the person that set this up was informed of the charge they can not legally charge everyone.

Last edited by iamskippy; 03-12-2011 at 10:25 PM..
iamskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 02:17 AM   #40
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamskippy View Post
the fire department can not charge the group but they can charge the person or persons involved. or if it was in a room they can charge the renter of said room

also there is nothing listed in there terms and conditions on the website about the charge, unless the person that set this up was informed of the charge they can not legally charge everyone.
So if I understand what you are saying, you want the hotel to state in writing that "if you have a fire extinguisher fight you are going to pay fire said fire extinguisher".

No boat, back in the suds.
piemma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 06:34 AM   #41
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

I don't think we should force the issue. We've had fun in their the past few years, doubt they will let us back - even if on a leash.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:35 AM   #42
iamskippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by piemma View Post
So if I understand what you are saying, you want the hotel to state in writing that "if you have a fire extinguisher fight you are going to pay fire said fire extinguisher".
not exact verbiage but if a place is going to to charge people or groups these fees, it has to be disclosed somewhere.
iamskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:35 AM   #43
Nebe

this is why i dont partake in the TCTFFF events.

why dont the guys who were stupid enough to discharge fire extinguishers step up to the plate and refund everyone else the money they had to pay to the hotel to compensate your play time??
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 12:59 PM   #44
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamskippy View Post
not exact verbiage but if a place is going to to charge people or groups these fees, it has to be disclosed somewhere.
Would you prefer that they file a criminal complaint for malicious destruction of property over $250, which is a felony, instead of just assessing clean-up costs? Believe me, they would have every right to.

IMO the culprits here are getting off way too easy. $50 while hanging everyone else in the group out to dry?

Most people outgrow this type of behavior after their sophomore year of college.

Old 03-13-2011, 05:09 PM   #45
Backbeach Jake

Thumbs up

You know, when you get tossed outa Fairhaven, you've hit the apex. You just can't beat that.

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
Thomas Paine
Backbeach Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:10 PM   #46
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Maybe rename the event "Rookie Fest" for next year? With no S-B affiliation attached! Children must play I guess?

This BS reflects poorly on S-B as a group!

Aren't the culprits "30 somethings"??? That must be their IQ!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:18 PM   #47
boot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backbeach Jake View Post
You know, when you get tossed outa Fairhaven, you've hit the apex. You just can't beat that.
Not true, you've hit the apex when they won't let you leave. Heh Heh heh.

There's a brand new Fairfield Inn in New Beige near the docks, if people need a place to stay next year.

Not that my opinion matters but if it were me that did something stupid while drunk, I wouldnt let my friends have to pay a dime for it.
boot man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:24 AM   #48
SurfCaster413

Can't wait for next years TFCTFN
SurfCaster413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:01 AM   #49
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Alcohol makes Everything seem like a Good Idea

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:30 AM   #50
BigBo

Quote:
Originally Posted by boot man View Post
Not that my opinion matters but if it were me that did something stupid while drunk, I wouldnt let my friends have to pay a dime for it.
I'm thinking the responsible parties don't consider a lot of people on this site their friends. Otherwise they would man up and take responsibility themselves.

The future ain't what it used to be. --Yogi Berra
BigBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:37 AM   #51
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
this is why i dont partake in the TCTFFF events. why dont the guys who were stupid enough to discharge fire extinguishers step up to the plate and refund everyone else the money they had to pay to the hotel to compensate your play time??
This part of my logic...
I did that #^&#^&#^&#^& when I was in college and lived to tell about it. no sense getting caught up in that kind of #^&#^&#^&#^& again!

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:51 PM   #52
5/0
Eels

Quote:
Originally Posted by boot man View Post
Not true, you've hit the apex when they won't let you leave. Heh Heh heh.

There's a brand new Fairfield Inn in New Beige near the docks, if people need a place to stay next year.
That place is one year old,multi storied and sharp looking.I fixed three of there AO Smith cyclones
H2o heaters before it even opened.

But as for the fifty bucks they can keep it,I'll let it die down(even thou we still won't be welcome next year)had a good time lots of laughs well worth it

Live bait sharp hooks and timing is all you need
5/0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:04 PM   #53
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Could probably have next years at "Chucky Cheese"?

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:29 PM   #54
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish View Post
Best post of the year.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:24 PM   #55
Backbeach Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish View Post
Couldn't have said it better myself.

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
Thomas Paine
Backbeach Jake is offline   Reply With Quote