Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-09-2021, 08:23 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim stop being upset that no one is as upset as you .

This gorilla masked girl armed with a egg! incident has you more upset then what happened on Jan6th

Let that sink in
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
many people are upset. just not the zealots here, the same zealots who are in the tiny group of people who give biden good marks for the afghanistan withdrawal. you guys think you’re the mainstream, because you never ever listen thoughtfully to anyone who isnt exactly like you.

I’m appalled at what happened in january 6, makes me
sick that my side resorted to that. arrest every one of them, charge them
to the fullest extent of the law. Is that a crazy position for me to have?

every assumption you make about me, is 100% wrong, because you assume I’m as thoughtless as you, that i can’t criticize my own side. I have repeatedly criticized my own side, yet you embarrass yourself by posting that i’d forgive rioters in my side.

You are the one who never criticized any liberal no matter what they do. i’m honest and fair, which you are incapable of.

Let that sink in.
Old 09-09-2021, 08:46 AM   #2
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
many people are upset. just not the zealots here, the same zealots who are in the tiny group of people who give biden good marks for the afghanistan withdrawal. you guys think you’re the mainstream, because you never ever listen thoughtfully to anyone who isnt exactly like you.

every assumption you make about me, is 100% wrong, because you assume I’m as thoughtless as you, that i can’t criticize my own side. I have repeatedly criticized my own side, yet you embarrass yourself by posting that i’d forgive rioters in my side.

You are the one who never criticized any liberal no matter what they do. i’m honest and fair, which you are incapable of.

Let that sink in.

And you’ve written more outrage over an Eggassination attempt than that Jan 6th until now that is that was my only point ..

As for criticism of liberals I believe Como needed to resign, do I think Biden should resign for how Afghanistan went down Nope . Could things have gone better absolutely. Do I think the infrastructure a bit high yes but why not we haven’t had one in decades and Republicans are just saying no for the sake of saying no .. never mind their covid response.. so to be honest when Republicans are still creating more issues then they help to resolve . It’s hard to criticize the left for attempting to provide solutions to problems. And easier to criticize the right for attempting to provide solutions for problems that only exist in their imagination
Old 09-09-2021, 08:58 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
And you’ve written more outrage over an Eggassination attempt than that Jan 6th until now that is that was my only point ..

As for criticism of liberals I believe Como needed to resign, do I think Biden should resign for how Afghanistan went down Nope . Could things have gone better absolutely. Do I think the infrastructure a bit high yes but why not we haven’t had one in decades and Republicans are just saying no for the sake of saying no .. never mind their covid response.. so to be honest when Republicans are still creating more issues then they help to resolve . It’s hard to criticize the left for attempting to provide solutions to problems. And easier to criticize the right for attempting to provide solutions for problems that only exist in their imagination
"And you’ve written more outrage over an Eggassination attempt than that Jan 6th until now that is that was my only point .. "

Fair enough. But it shouldn't surprise you to hear me say those people behaved horribly and should be prosecuted. I also stand by my position that if the political angle and ethnicities were different, the unarmed woman shot to death without warning by a cop, would have been handled very very differently. It was ignored because she was a white conservative.

"do I think Biden should resign for how Afghanistan went down Nope"

Me either. But I didn't see you do anything but defend him (and insult his critics) on the other thread.

"never mind their covid response"

Yet states with the highest death rates to date, are disproportionately democrat. That's irrefutable fact. But you just can't accept it, because you don't happen to like it.

"It’s hard to criticize the left for attempting to provide solutions to problems. And easier to criticize the right for attempting to provide solutions for problems that only exist in their imagination"

Now, that's more along the lines of what I expected.

Why are huge numbers of people and businesses fleeing blue states, moving to red states? If you say "because of weather", keep in mind that southern California has nice weather, and yet people aren't moving there, California is losing population big time, much to Texas.
Old 09-09-2021, 09:58 AM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

Listen to the end

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-09-2021, 12:03 PM   #5
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT;1213859

[size=1
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/size]

Yup. I don’t think anyone here has supported the actions I’ve said very clearly that I think anyone who entered the Capitol or committed a crime should be held accountable but because I don’t support putting someone charged with trespassing in jail for 18 months I must be a seditionist and traitor…
Similarly….despite the fact that I’m vaccinated and will have a mask on most of the day today. Because I don’t support government mandated vaccination….I’m an anti-vaxxer…this is how the totalitarians operate. You either agree with them completely or they become enraged and vindictive. Pretty screwed up😜
Old 09-09-2021, 12:26 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Similarly….despite the fact that I’m vaccinated and will have a mask on most of the day today. Because I don’t support government mandated vaccination….I’m an anti-vaxxer…this is how the totalitarians operate. You either agree with them completely or they become enraged and vindictive. Pretty screwed up😜
exactly. conservatives aren’t anti vaccine, were opposed to state laws forcing us to get it.

the groups that are least vaccinated include blacks and people with phd’s, two groups that are heavily democratic. but like everything, it’s all the republicans fault.
Old 09-09-2021, 12:55 PM   #7
wdmso

Quote:
exactly. conservatives aren’t anti vaccine, were opposed to state laws forcing us to get it.

the groups that are least vaccinated include blacks and people with phd’s, two groups that are heavily democratic. but like everything, it’s all the republicans fault.
maybe they should call it a vaccine dress code ? the right polticalitized the Vaccine and now its biting them in the back Said

Yet if your Pro Choice you support abortion the right need to understand they cant claim these exceptions for themselves but deny them to others But they do it all the time .... and that's actually How the totalitarians operate..
Old 09-09-2021, 01:39 PM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
maybe they should call it a vaccine dress code ? the right polticalitized the Vaccine and now its biting them in the back Said

Yet if your Pro Choice you support abortion the right need to understand they cant claim these exceptions for themselves but deny them to others But they do it all the time .... and that's actually How the totalitarians operate..
trump was president when the vaccine was created. trump
said today everyone should get vaccinated.

FACT - two of the groups with the lowest vaccination rates are blacks and people with PhDs. those are not people who take their marching orders from republicans, last time i checked.

how is it the fault of republicans, that blacks and college professors are hesitant to get vaccinated? i just can’t wait to hear your answer to that one. good luck.
Old 09-09-2021, 01:58 PM   #9
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
how is it the fault of republicans, that blacks and college professors are hesitant to get vaccinated? i just can’t wait to hear your answer to that one. good luck.
It's not, but then you know no one should be arguing that all hesitancy is driven by Trump and there are no other causes.

It is hard to not notice this correlation...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Map.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	68331   Click image for larger version

Name:	COVID_Vax.JPG
Views:	145
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	68332  

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 09-09-2021, 02:15 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
It's not, but then you know no one should be arguing that all hesitancy is driven by Trump and there are no other causes.

and if vaccine hesitancy was correlated with state, you’d have a point. but again, there are other variables more correlated. race and education are the big ones.

how come you didn’t show a chart showing vaccination by race or education? is it because that chart wouldn’t make republicans look bad?
Old 09-09-2021, 02:16 PM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:

your map shows a very high vaccination rate in CT. but the vaccination rates among blacks in CT, is low.

don’t cherry pick, you’re the one guy on that side who knows better.
Old 09-09-2021, 02:19 PM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:

63% of the state of CT is vaccinated, but among blacks, it’s only 43%.

https://hartfordhealthcare.org/about...9&publicId=395
Old 09-09-2021, 02:59 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:

ANd of course there's some correlation. There's a certain kind of paranoid irrational person, who will never do anytihng the federal government says to do. The overwhelming majority of those (sad to say) are Republicans, and no they don't have PhDs, you got me there.
Old 09-09-2021, 02:55 PM   #14
wdmso

Quote:
trump was president when the vaccine was created. trump
said today everyone should get vaccinated.

FACT - two of the groups with the lowest vaccination rates are blacks and people with PhDs. those are not people who take their marching orders from republicans, last time i checked.

Jim here we go again.. with the blacks There are about twice as many Republicans as there are Black people in the United States

It estimates that Black Americans make up about 13 percent of the population and 13 percent of the group that says it will never receive a dose of the vaccine. Republicans, by contrast, make up more than half of each group, including nearly 6 in 10 of those who say they won’t get vaccinated.

the PHD thing another red herring https://www.wnct.com/news/north-caro...-among-ph-d-s/
Old 09-09-2021, 12:49 PM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Yup. I don’t think anyone here has supported the actions I’ve said very clearly that I think anyone who entered the Capitol or committed a crime should be held accountable but because I don’t support putting someone charged with trespassing in jail for 18 months I must be a seditionist and traitor…
look how they frame every issue.

If you're pro-life, it' snot because you have empathy for a vulnerable defenseless human being, it's because you want to enslave women.

If you want a secure border, it's not because it makes economic and national security sense, it's because you hate mexicans.

If you want reasonable taxes, it's not because you're practical, it's because you hate poor people (high tax states like CA and CT have eliminated poverty, you see).

If you're concerned about jihadists, it's because you're an Islamaphobe.

If you are comfortable with christianity, it's because you're a homophobe.

In their minds, it's not possible to have a principled disagreement about anything. Any disagreement must be rooted in hate and ignorance.