Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-27-2015, 07:52 PM   #1
WESTPORTMAFIA

Black lives matter

Saw all of the protests today and every other day. Let's see how many make a stink about this one. I bet none. It only matters if a white is the killer. There will be zero black lives matter protests on this. What a shame. We need capital punishment!
https://www.yahoo.com/news/chicago-p...135608075.html
Old 11-27-2015, 07:55 PM   #2
spence

This has actually like been pretty prominent national news.
Old 11-27-2015, 07:58 PM   #3
WESTPORTMAFIA

no kidding. Not my point
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-27-2015, 08:33 PM   #4
tysdad115

452 murders in #^&#^&#^&#^&cago , they protest this one... Yup, plenty of useless pos come from there.
Old 11-28-2015, 08:28 AM   #5
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

These kids don't have a chance.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 11-28-2015, 09:25 AM   #6
Nebe

Time for the draft
Old 11-28-2015, 09:37 AM   #7
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Time for the draft
X2
Old 11-28-2015, 09:38 AM   #8
JohnR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Time for the draft
Most American teens do not pass the entrance requirement for the military.

Now a 1 year conscription for service might be good. Apolitical, civics, helping others, optional mil service.

Next draft - females in - zero political deferments

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 11-28-2015, 09:39 AM   #9
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by WESTPORTMAFIA View Post
no kidding. Not my point
All things considered they are different issues.
Old 11-28-2015, 11:08 AM   #10
JohnR

I wish the BLM movement and the politicians and media that pander to it would work on the big issue facing Black Youths in America, being killed by other black youths. So while 2% of the death rate of violent crime is caused my law enforcement (some justified after trial, some not justified after trial), it gets 90% of the coverage and pressure. If that same pressure and coverage was placed on the highest cause, black on black murder, could we really, really make advancement on saving these kid's lives?

These kids do not have much of a chance.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 11-28-2015, 11:12 AM   #11
Fly Rod

When it is black on black, black lives do not matter no matter how young they R....black lives matter group is a hate group and calls for cop killings....u never c them protest the killing of a child.

"When its not about money,it's all about money."...
Old 11-28-2015, 11:53 AM   #12
FishermanTim

Let's see....New Orleans...black man dragging white woman unconscious towards his minivan, white man (med student) comes to her aid and is shot point blank. If the black gunman's semi-auto hadn't jammed the white man would have been shot multiple times in the head. Of course there's no protest!

Chicago....a crowd of black youths pile out of their minivan and proceed to pummel a homeless vet into a coma, and eventually death. Again, where's the protest?

Now we have a black criminal brandishing a knife, which was already used to slash police car tires gets shot and killed by a white police officer because he refused to drop the knife. MAJOR protest.

Now I don't agree with ignoring the fact that the officer fired so many times, but I do agree with shooting when an armed an dangerous criminal reuses to follow police instructions.

If only the "black lives" matter crowd would show as much concern and involvement when there are so many more black on black crimes right in their own neighborhoods! (But I guess they are more concerned with getting on TV than helping the people they should be concerned with.)

Hey, Happy Holidays (That's if the "black lives matters" or an other fanatical bunch of whackos will allow it)!

I am a legend in my own mind!
Old 11-28-2015, 01:52 PM   #13
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishermanTim View Post
Now we have a black criminal brandishing a knife, which was already used to slash police car tires gets shot and killed by a white police officer because he refused to drop the knife. MAJOR protest.

Now I don't agree with ignoring the fact that the officer fired so many times, but I do agree with shooting when an armed an dangerous criminal reuses to follow police instructions.
In this case not only did they shoot him 15 times after he was down, they falsified the police report and spent the past year trying to cover it up, pay off the family etc…

It's pretty ugly.
Old 11-28-2015, 01:58 PM   #14
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
I wish the BLM movement and the politicians and media that pander to it would work on the big issue facing Black Youths in America, being killed by other black youths. So while 2% of the death rate of violent crime is caused my law enforcement (some justified after trial, some not justified after trial), it gets 90% of the coverage and pressure. If that same pressure and coverage was placed on the highest cause, black on black murder, could we really, really make advancement on saving these kid's lives?

I think the difference is that those ~2% killed by police have a much far reaching emotional impact. People generally assume gang members will kill each other, but if you don't feel you can trust the police where do you turn.
Old 11-28-2015, 06:07 PM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I think the difference is that those ~2% killed by police have a much far reaching emotional impact. People generally assume gang members will kill each other, but if you don't feel you can trust the police where do you turn.
"I think the difference is that those ~2% killed by police have a much far reaching emotional impact."

Agreed, we hold police to a higher standard, because we entrust them, and they ask us to entrust them.

"if you don't feel you can trust the police where do you turn"

That's where you crazily descend into liberalism. By what logic is one unable to trust the police? The instances of unjustified police violence is extremely rare. There is no reason for one, in general, to not trust the police. But that makes great headlines, and bring in donations to the pig Al Sharpton, so the race hucksters play that card CONTINUOUSLY (in this case, that word applies). When the hucksters with megaphones can convince the dummies that they genuinely cannot trust the police, horrible things happen.

The police are unbelievably trustworthy. The facts make that abundantly clear. But it's a whole lot easier to tell people in Chicago that white cops are the enemy, than it is to tell them that their choices are the problem. That's one of the pillars of liberalism - blame someone else, preferably the closest honkey.
Old 11-28-2015, 06:09 PM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
In this case not only did they shoot him 15 times after he was down, they falsified the police report and spent the past year trying to cover it up, pay off the family etc…

It's pretty ugly.
Who is "they" that tried to cover it up? White cops, or the Chicago Democratic political machine?
Old 11-28-2015, 07:23 PM   #17
JohnR

Quote:

And if the past couple years have been a meter, half of those 2% the LEO was within the limits of the law. I have no love for dirty cops, and while I have some understanding for the ones that made the wrong call (things go south real quick). It is horrible and obscene to see cops doing the bad on occasion. But right now 2% of the problem is causing 95% of outrage and effort going into the teeny-tiny problem.

Deckchair Rearrangement.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 11-28-2015, 07:37 PM   #18
FishermanTim

Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton will only fight the battles they can benefit from financially. It's not about right or wrong, but about how much they will get from just showing up and stirring the masses into a frenzy.

I cannot recall there ever being a case of black-on-black crime where they spoke up.

If only they were true to their calling instead of being media whores.

I am a legend in my own mind!
Old 11-28-2015, 09:25 PM   #19
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

Quote:

spot on.

jessie and al are $ grubbing racists.

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
Old 11-28-2015, 10:58 PM   #20
detbuch

Quote:

Quote:
Spence, I think in an unintentionally round about way you are confirming JohnR's contention rather than coming to a different conclusion.

I don't think John would disagree with you that the 2% killed by police have a much farther reaching emotional impact. I think he is saying that is so because politicians pander to "activists" with an agenda (like the BLM movement), and the media pay 90% of their attention to that 2% more than to the 98% not killed by police but mostly by black on black. So he asks "If that same pressure and coverage was placed on the highest cause, black on black murder, could we really, really make advancement on saving these kid's lives?"

It seems logical to me that if politicians all the way up to the President and the DOJ, as well as black activists of all sorts along with the media hyper-attention can create a far reaching emotional impact by asserting pressure and attention on the 2% of white cop killing of black victims (much of it "justified"), then the same folks could create similar or even farther reaching emotional impact for the other far, far, larger percent of black on black murder by focusing likewise attention to it. And by doing so, it could lead to a greater chance that either type of black deaths could be minimized as JohnR suggests.
Old 11-29-2015, 08:15 AM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Quote:
"If that same pressure and coverage was placed on the highest cause, black on black murder.
But doing that, would require liberals to (1) put the race card back in the deck where it belongs, and (2) frame an issue honestly, rather than demonize an invented boogeyman. They don't like to do that. Consider abortion. Do liberals say the intellectually honest thing, that pro-life folks have empathy (misplaced to a liberal) for the baby? Hell, no. Liberals claim that we are a bunch of anti-choice nuts who have a stated agenda to attack women's health.

Honesty, shmonesty. Much easier to deflect attention away from the actual, and politically inconvenient, truth. And then find some political opponent to demonize for reasons that make no sense whatsoever. That's liberalism in a nutshell. Admit that social security and medicare need fixing? It's not that you understand 4th grade arithmetic, but rather, you hate old people and sick people! Want our duly constituted immigration laws enforced? You are an anti-Hispanic bigot!
Old 11-29-2015, 09:47 PM   #22
WESTPORTMAFIA

Who commits the most violent crimes every year in our country by race? And what race's make up our jail system? This is a trick question. Let's be honest
Old 11-30-2015, 07:38 AM   #23
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WESTPORTMAFIA View Post
And what race's make up our jail system?
Didn't you hear...that's the "School to Prison" pipeline that's causing the problem. Not bad choices on the person's part.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-30-2015, 10:27 AM   #24
JohnR

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Didn't you hear...that's the "School to Prison" pipeline that's causing the problem. Not bad choices on the person's part.
Its a combination of 20 things, opportunity, race, parents, single parents, rough neighborhoods, and much more.

BUT like Kevin said, you still have to make a choice - bad or not.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 11-30-2015, 10:50 AM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
Its a combination of 20 things, opportunity, race, parents, single parents, rough neighborhoods, and much more.

BUT like Kevin said, you still have to make a choice - bad or not.
I don't think race has a lot to do with it, here's why...

Black kids born into stable, loving, 2-parent households who make good decisions and do the right things, do just fine.

White kids born into poor, unstable, chaotic, single-parent households, don't usually turn out well.

It's not race. It's all those other things. And in the huge majority of cases, all those other things can be avoided by doing the right things. Stay in school, work hard, present yourself well, don't go near drugs, don't have kids until you are ready.
Old 11-30-2015, 11:06 AM   #26
Rockport24
President - S-B Chapter - Kelly Clarkson Fan Club

You gotta see the irony in the name "black lives matter" I mean, it should be called "black lives matter, but only if killed by the cops, otherwise, we just look the other way and blame institutional and societal racism"
Old 11-30-2015, 12:17 PM   #27
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
I don't think John would disagree with you that the 2% killed by police have a much farther reaching emotional impact. I think he is saying that is so because politicians pander to "activists" with an agenda (like the BLM movement), and the media pay 90% of their attention to that 2% more than to the 98% not killed by police but mostly by black on black. So he asks "If that same pressure and coverage was placed on the highest cause, black on black murder, could we really, really make advancement on saving these kid's lives?"
I get what he's saying, and I agree, my point was that most people don't really care about gang violence unless they're personally impacted. A lot of people do spend time trying to focus on the violence, but the reality is many don't want to hear about root cause drivers that don't fit their agenda.

Why do we incarcerate so many people and especially so many black men? It's not a discussion people want to have, nor is it a trick question.
Old 11-30-2015, 12:31 PM   #28
buckman

Quote:
I get what he's saying, and I agree, my point was that most people don't really care about gang violence unless they're personally impacted. A lot of people do spend time trying to focus on the violence, but the reality is many don't want to hear about root cause drivers that don't fit their agenda.

Why do we incarcerate so many people and especially so many black men? It's not a discussion people want to have, nor is it a trick question.
It's like the drug problem I guess . Nobody cared till it came to our pretty little neiborhoods .
Old 11-30-2015, 01:01 PM   #29
Rockport24
President - S-B Chapter - Kelly Clarkson Fan Club

I think we should have the discussion Spence! What's sad is that Obama doesn't want to have it because it's politically not feasible, but it's somehow feasible for him to throw police under the bus left and right...
Old 11-30-2015, 01:27 PM   #30
buckman

Think of the possibilities of the effort and time that is put into protesting was instead put into cleaning up the community . That just may reduce the number of police/ felon interactions . Isn't that the mission ?