Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-20-2021, 05:19 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Spence, tell me he media doesn’t lie, again?

I saw this clip live on MSNBC just after the verdict. the woman in the middle is a college professor, who basically said that Rittenhouse deputized himself ( proven false, business owners asked him to help them), who just shot innocent people for no reason ( they were attacking him, this is also not in dispute).

Spence, you me this rant isnt stoking hatred. and the host just nods along like dutiful livestock.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.realc...afety.amp.html
Old 11-20-2021, 05:36 AM   #2
Jim in CT

as i watched cnn and msnbc yesterday, i heard 7 or 8 times that police killed jacob blake. Not one person bothered to say that they wounded him, didn’t kill him.

it’s just fiction now. The democrats are absolutely getting pulverized in every conceivable fashion, and in some ways inconceivable ( MSNBC following a jury bus is incredible). The wheels are completely coming off the bus

How can they not see that america doesn't want their current radical
brand of liberalism? if they could
just be smart and rational ( exhibited during passage of the infastructure bill) they could right the ship before november.

But they aren’t doing that. They dug themselves into a hole, which we all do from time to time. Only liberals seem to conclude that the way out, is to dig faster.

Their behavior before and during and after this trial is a gigantic gift to the GOP. They look completely bonkers.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-20-2021, 08:51 AM   #3
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
The reaction of the liberal politicians and media is astounding. Blatant lies about what was proven in court. The media will be the death of this country.

Great summary posted about the Rittenhouse trial..

I didn't know that Kyle put out a dumpster fire that was being rolled down to a gas station to blow up, with people all around.
I didn't know that the Police were told to stand down as businesses were destroyed.
I didn't know that Kyles Dad, Grandma and Friends all lived in Kenosha, 20 minutes from where he resided with his Mom part time in Illinois.
I didn't know that Joseph Rosenbaum knocked him down twice and then attempted to kick him with lethal force to the head.
I didn't know that Huber had hit him in the head 2x with a skateboard.
I didn't know Gaige Grosskreutz, a felon in possession of firearm, aimed his gun at Kyle first, as he admitted on the stand.
I also didn't know that in the State of Wisconsin, it is legal for Kyle to have a gun, even at 17 (which was why the gun charge was dismissed).
I didn't know that Kyle did not cross state lines with a gun he wasn't supposed to have. The rightful gun owner did, as he was legally permitted to do.
I also didn't realize that Rosenbaum was a 5 time convicted child rapist and that Huber was a 2 time convicted woman beater. I didn't know that Grosskreutz was a convicted Burglar with an assault on his record also.
IF THE MEDIA DID THEIR JOB... we would ALL have known this!
Stop believing the media lies
Old 11-20-2021, 09:17 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
The reaction of the liberal politicians and media is astounding. Blatant lies about what was proven in court. The media will be the death of this country.

Great summary posted about the Rittenhouse trial..

I didn't know that Kyle put out a dumpster fire that was being rolled down to a gas station to blow up, with people all around.
I didn't know that the Police were told to stand down as businesses were destroyed.
I didn't know that Kyles Dad, Grandma and Friends all lived in Kenosha, 20 minutes from where he resided with his Mom part time in Illinois.
I didn't know that Joseph Rosenbaum knocked him down twice and then attempted to kick him with lethal force to the head.
I didn't know that Huber had hit him in the head 2x with a skateboard.
I didn't know Gaige Grosskreutz, a felon in possession of firearm, aimed his gun at Kyle first, as he admitted on the stand.
I also didn't know that in the State of Wisconsin, it is legal for Kyle to have a gun, even at 17 (which was why the gun charge was dismissed).
I didn't know that Kyle did not cross state lines with a gun he wasn't supposed to have. The rightful gun owner did, as he was legally permitted to do.
I also didn't realize that Rosenbaum was a 5 time convicted child rapist and that Huber was a 2 time convicted woman beater. I didn't know that Grosskreutz was a convicted Burglar with an assault on his record also.
IF THE MEDIA DID THEIR JOB... we would ALL have known this!
Stop believing the media lies
newspapers in england were still reporting this week that rittenhouse fired at all blacks, because if you watched any tv coverage, that’s what you’d be led to believe.

and they all
made a huge deal that he crossed state lines. since when is that suspicious? so liberal want an open southern border, but we can’t travel between states.
Old 11-20-2021, 01:19 PM   #5
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I saw this clip live on MSNBC just after the verdict. the woman in the middle is a college professor, who basically said that Rittenhouse deputized himself ( proven false, business owners asked him to help them), who just shot innocent people for no reason ( they were attacking him, this is also not in dispute).
I think deputizing is a pretty good word for his actions. I didn’t her say he was shooting people for no reason, she said he was running around terrorizing people. I’ve got to think those in harms way we’re pretty terrified.

Also, the owners of the auto lot testified under oath they never asked anyone to defend their business.
Old 11-20-2021, 01:26 PM   #6
spence

Where is the lie again?
Old 11-20-2021, 01:35 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Where is the lie again?
you’re a waste of
time.
Old 11-20-2021, 02:04 PM   #8
spence

Quote:
you’re a waste of
time.
OK Pete
Old 11-20-2021, 03:44 PM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
OK Pete
you saw no lies in that video? you watched the video and saw zero lies? all the talk of validating white supremacy, all
the talk that the shooting victims were merely attending a demonstration ( not attacking kyle), all of
it’s true to you?

you’re side is in deep, deep
trouble in november. america looks at that video and cringes. you watch it and get a chubby.

Chris Cuomo said on the air that given the law, an acquittal was the only logical outcome. these women and the host claim it was about condoning racist murder, not about following the laws.
Old 11-22-2021, 10:52 AM   #10
wdmso

Two longtime conservative Fox News commentators have resigned in protest of what they call a pattern of incendiary and fabricated claims by the network's opinion hosts in support of former President Donald Trump.

But but but. Again the inability or unwillingness to see who’s actually lying with intent. For a political party and person aka Trump
Old 11-22-2021, 11:07 AM   #11
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Two longtime conservative Fox News commentators have resigned in protest of what they call a pattern of incendiary and fabricated claims by the network's opinion hosts in support of former President Donald Trump.

But but but. Again the inability or unwillingness to see who’s actually lying with intent. For a political party and person aka Trump
I'm sure, as the biggest FOX viewer here, you are deeply disappointed
Old 11-22-2021, 11:25 AM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:

tucker carlson used to work at cnn. they go where the money is.
Old 11-22-2021, 02:02 PM   #13
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
tucker carlson used to work at cnn. they go where the money is.
There’s a reason Fox News is not allowed in other countries

Stephen Hayes and Jonah Goldberg pointed to a breaking point earlier this month: network star Tucker Carlson's three-part series on the Jan. 6 siege of the U.S. Capitol that relied on fabrications and conspiracy theories to exonerate the Trump supporters who participated in the attack.

"It's basically saying that the Biden regime is coming after half the country and this is the War on Terror 2.0," Goldberg tells NPR. "It traffics in all manner of innuendo and conspiracy theories that I think legitimately could lead to violence. That for me, and for Steve, was the last straw."

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-22-2021, 02:05 PM   #14
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
"It traffics in all manner of innuendo and conspiracy theories"
Sounds like you.
Old 11-22-2021, 02:12 PM   #15
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Sounds like you.
Mueller, IC, and Senate intel committee (led by a Republican) reports tell the story:
* Russia attacked the US election to help Trump.
* Trump aided and abetted that attack by denying its existence and providing cover to Putin.

You cannot handle the truth.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-22-2021, 02:15 PM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
There’s a reason Fox News is not allowed in other countries

Stephen Hayes and Jonah Goldberg pointed to a breaking point earlier this month: network star Tucker Carlson's three-part series on the Jan. 6 siege of the U.S. Capitol that relied on fabrications and conspiracy theories to exonerate the Trump supporters who participated in the attack.

"It's basically saying that the Biden regime is coming after half the country and this is the War on Terror 2.0," Goldberg tells NPR. "It traffics in all manner of innuendo and conspiracy theories that I think legitimately could lead to violence. That for me, and for Steve, was the last straw."
"There’s a reason Fox News is not allowed in other countries "

Yes, there is. It's the same exact reason why liberals riot when a conservative is invited to speak on a college campus. Liberals don't like being challenged. Liberals don't like opposing ideas. Because they know their ideas don't hold up well to an honest comparison with conservative ideas.

I like Goldberg and Hayes. I'm sorry to see them go, I found them both extremely logical and decent. I agree with them that Tuckers special on January 6 was weird. What CNN and MSNBC have said about January 6th is equally outrageous to me.

I don't watch Fox alot. and so much for the hosts (though I'll take them over anyone on CNN or MSNBC).. I like the guests. I always loved Charles Krauthammer, and now I love Victor Davis Hansen. You won't find anything close to those two men, anywhere on MSNBC or CNN or anywhere else. No one comes close.

January 6th was a few dozen jerks who threw a temper tantrum. Maybe a few of them hoped that somehow they were going to change the election results, but that's a few kooks. There was no widespread plot, no more than there's widespread plot among white cops to slaughter black people, yet every TV station other than Foxnews claims there is, and that stupid claim has led to violence and murder.

I posted a video of an exchange on MSNBC the day the Rittenhouse verdict was reached. It was as dishonest, unhinged, and deranged as anything I'll ever hear on Foxnews.

There's partisan nonsense on the air at Foxnews. Just like there is at every other lefty station. But you occasionally get something honest or thought-provoking at Fox that I don't see anywhere else. And I look.

The night of the verdict, Chris Cuomo shocked me by saying the verdict was the only possible outcome under the law. It was refreshing. If he could do that more often, I'd watch him more often. But it was more likely a desperate attempt to convince Rittenhouse not to sue the pants off that place, which he will surely do anyway.

I can watch Foxnews, and turn it off when rabid partisans are simply howling at the moon. On the other networks, that's all there is. Jujst like with you guys here.
Old 11-22-2021, 02:28 PM   #17
spence

Quote:
January 6th was a few dozen jerks who threw a temper tantrum.
Old 11-22-2021, 02:50 PM   #18
scottw

Quote:

Stephen Hayes and Jonah Goldberg

you can have them if we get Tulsi Gabbard
Old 11-22-2021, 03:02 PM   #19
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
you can have them if we get Tulsi Gabbard
I think you already have, between her and Iwanna you should be all set

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-22-2021, 11:34 AM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:

i see stacey abrams on cnn and msnbc a lot. as well as campaigning for democrats

isn’t she also saying, with absolutely zero evidence,, that her election was stolen? because of racism?

but, but, but…

go ahead and address that wayne.

have fun with that.
Old 11-22-2021, 11:46 AM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:

i see who’s lying and call
them out on both sides. how any serious person can watch sean hannity for five seconds is beyond me.

i call lying out in both sides. you can’t call it out on your side. none of you can.

look at the lies in this one story. rittenhouse is a white supremacist, took the gun illegally across state lines, had no ties to Kenosha, blah blah blah.

c
Old 11-22-2021, 06:17 PM   #22
wdmso

Come up for air from that rabbit hole you live in..
Old 11-22-2021, 06:58 PM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:

Come up for air from that rabbit hole you live in..
just show me the evidence that they were part of a coordinated plot, with a coordinated plan to accomplish anything other than what they accomplished ( nothing).
Old 11-23-2021, 05:25 PM   #24
wdmso

Quote:
just show me the evidence that they were part of a coordinated plot, with a coordinated plan to accomplish anything other than what they accomplished ( nothing).
Who’s blocking the Jan 6th commission
The party you sold your soul to..

Ps you wouldn’t believe any evidence anyway .. it’s not allowed in your cult..

Your so twisted your happier than a kid with a shiny toy over Rittenhouse getting off.. a great day in America

but but Jan 6th was a nothing burger .. yep you’re radicalized
Old 11-23-2021, 05:31 PM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
Who’s blocking the Jan 6th commission
The party you sold your soul to..

Ps you wouldn’t believe any evidence anyway .. it’s not allowed in your cult..

Your so twisted your happier than a kid with a shiny toy over Rittenhouse getting off.. a great day in America

but but Jan 6th was a nothing burger .. yep you’re radicalized
and arrest anyone who is illegally blocking anything. fair
enough?

how about you go back to the question i asked, instead of dodging it completely.

so you have zero evidence to support your position.
Old 11-23-2021, 05:58 PM   #26
spence

Quote:
Yeah, patriots show up with ladders, zip tie hand cuffs, weapons staged in nearby hotels, just totally random.
Old 11-23-2021, 06:07 PM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
Yeah, patriots show up with ladders, zip tie hand cuffs, weapons staged in nearby hotels, just totally random.
a weapon in a hotel! and a ladder.

against the united states federal government. it’s amazing we survived that existential
threat.

it’s a good thing that ladder was only a ten footer . if they brought the 12-footer, the country would be a wasteland.

the most ominous threats were weapons not on their persons, and a ladder. i think they got this idea from an episode of ‘24’. Even Jack Bauer was helpless in the face of a ladder.
Old 11-23-2021, 06:17 PM   #28
spence

Quote:
a weapon in a hotel! and a ladder.

against the united states federal government. it’s amazing we survived that existential
threat.

it’s a good thing that ladder was only a ten footer . if they brought the 12-footer, the country would be a wasteland.

the most ominous threats were weapons not on their persons, and a ladder. i think they got this idea from an episode of ‘24’. Even Jack Bauer was helpless in the face of a ladder.
A good number of people were caught with weapons. 700 or so have been indicted. Keep trying rewrite history.
Old 11-23-2021, 06:37 PM   #29
Pete F.
Canceled

Alex Jones today says he “doesn’t want to spend the rest of my life in prison,” so he will plead the 5th before the J6 Select Committee.
Old 11-24-2021, 06:21 AM   #30
Pete F.
Canceled

Just tourists
While the more than 700 federal cases brought already represent the largest federal investigation in history, that number mounts daily, with the Justice Department now estimating that more than 2,000 people “were involved with the siege,” up from earlier assessments of around 800.

Roughly half of the defendants have been charged with at least one felony, in contrast to the large percentage of petty misdemeanors seen among the early guilty pleas.
The quick and simple cases go first.
Conspiracy cases will come, the Proud Boys are scheduled for April