Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 04-07-2020, 03:16 PM   #1
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Walmart = China

The market started falling on early news of the Corona virus around February 20th. Since that time, Walmart stock is up 4%... That store is filled with Made In China..... Don't buy it. Boycott Walmart if possible.
Buy American made!

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 03:51 PM   #2
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
The market started falling on early news of the Corona virus around February 20th. Since that time, Walmart stock is up 4%... That store is filled with Made In China..... Don't buy it. Boycott Walmart if possible.
Buy American made!
Exactly f them, I’ve been trying more and more to but American, but at times online it’s hard to know the source.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 04:41 PM   #3
Slipknot
Super Moderator

OK Ross, another words just keep on not going to Walmart like I have been doing. I wish I could say the same for the rest of my family

You do know Home Depot and Lowes are full of stuff from China? It is hard to avoid with everything so global, you never know where half the stuff that goes into things comes from. I can't even say all the components that go into my cabinets are from USA but the plywood, finish,hardwood(most),drawer boxes, doors all are. Hardware is difficult I am not sure if Blum has gone from Europe to China or not.
Sad, and it is something to think about when choosing what to buy and not buy.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 04:59 PM   #4
spence

Agree, plenty of reasons to avoid Wal-Mart but Chinese goods are everywhere and they’re not always cheap.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 05:56 PM   #5
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Bruce, and others; I agree. It is prevalent everywhere in our markets. But we each need to take a stand. Start to look at what is made where. Speak to your neighbors, family, friends about where you stand on the subject. America needs to make things again! Call it Nationalism or whatever you want. It needs to be started. Bring the jobs back. Use your voice. Let people know, because half of the country has no idea how much is made offshore....

And while I am on the soapbox, buy local! Not from the Amazons of the world.... Buy fruit and vegetables so the farmers wont go under... With restaurants closed, a major source of their customers are gone too... Make your dollars count toward solutions.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 06:10 PM   #6
wdmso

This ship sailed 30 years a go ... nostalgia and fond memories are great
But it's an unrealistic thought that any business will leave china and come back

Hell people dont even want to pay people 15.00 an hour ,,, and there the ones who during this crisis are pumping gas stocking shelves cooking our take out ..
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 06:46 PM   #7
Sea Dangles

Trump is bringing back
MADE IN USA
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 07:12 PM   #8
PaulS

Ross, great idea I do try to buy the local and try to buy American but it as anyone said it is tough. I have been buying restaurant gift certificates even if I'm not using them currently hopefully we can keep some restaurants in business.
PaulS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 07:39 PM   #9
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Trump is bringing back
MADE IN USA
John, still waiting for that facepalm emoji...
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 08:20 PM   #10
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
I look at the back of the sandpaper I use.....one says China and one says Canada so thats just the tip of the iceberg......try as you might its tough! At least they squashed friggin NAFTA but it will take decades to rebuild the industry here in this country that NAFTA took away!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 09:22 PM   #11
Nebe

My beef with Walmart has more to do with putting smaller businesses here out of business. And then paying their employees starvation wages. Their employees are so broke many collect assistance from the government. Think about that. We are all subsidizing the Walton family’s fortune. They could pay their employees more, but why would they when they know they can get away with what they are doing. Federal minimum wage needs to be $15 an hour
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 03:52 AM   #12
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
OK Ross, another words just keep on not going to Walmart like I have been doing. I wish I could say the same for the rest of my family

You do know Home Depot and Lowes are full of stuff from China?
this is so true...the only things in your house not made in china are probably your kids...
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 05:27 AM   #13
Rmarsh

Knowing that my ll bean waders are made in china, has always bothered me...and they often develop leaks in a very short time, i've been looking at Simms, which I believe are made in the USA. More expensive.....yes.... I'm hoping better quality too. Apparently from what I could find ....less than 10% of LL Bean products are actually made in the USA.
Recently bought a Carhart jacket and saw a tag on the inside...made in mexico.
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote