Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-16-2020, 12:33 PM   #91
scottw

there are apparently lot's of American republicans running around europe refusing to wear masks
Old 10-17-2020, 07:44 AM   #92
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
I think they are referring to it as a Protest, so corona virus has no power there.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
That’s the fifth inalienable right Trumps Supreme Court pick couldn’t remember when asked to name all five.
Old 10-19-2020, 12:26 PM   #93
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump: "Fauci is a disaster. If I listened to him, we’d have 500,000 deaths," before later saying it would be 700,000 or 800,000. "If there’s a reporter on, you can have it just the way I said it, I couldn’t care less." (CNN was given access to the call by a source.)

TRUMP vs DR FAUCI:
- politics vs science
- charlatan vs expert
- re-election vs public safety
- votes vs saving lives
- rhetoric vs empirical data
- spin narrative vs transparency
- manipulation vs proofing
- sole decision vs peer review
- reactive vs proactive
- hunch vs facts
Old 10-19-2020, 02:22 PM   #94
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Trump: "Fauci is a disaster. If I listened to him, we’d have 500,000 deaths," before later saying it would be 700,000 or 800,000. "If there’s a reporter on, you can have it just the way I said it, I couldn’t care less." (CNN was given access to the call by a source.)

TRUMP vs DR FAUCI:
- politics vs science
- charlatan vs expert
- re-election vs public safety
- votes vs saving lives
- rhetoric vs empirical data
- spin narrative vs transparency
- manipulation vs proofing
- sole decision vs peer review
- reactive vs proactive
- hunch vs facts
There's no "scientific" proof that Trump is wrong--unless your doing a hunch vs possibility.
Old 10-19-2020, 02:53 PM   #95
Pete F.
Canceled

I’m old enough to remember Trump saying it would disappear like a miracle.

We’re making Trump disappear at the polls. Trump is a disaster and it’s time to stop the bleeding and the deaths.
Old 10-19-2020, 03:34 PM   #96
detbuch

Quote:
I’m old enough to remember Trump saying it would disappear like a miracle.

We’re making Trump disappear at the polls. Trump is a disaster and it’s time to stop the bleeding and the deaths.
Trump and Biden, as well as all the other biased pols have said a lot of lying BS. Your selective memory is meaningless other than some political talking point. And Trump losing won't "like a miracle" stop the bleeding and the deaths. It'll stop, as if by magic, the leftist media from making a bogus issue about it, and, as if by magic, their current complaints and accusations will turn to praise of what a wonderful job Biden is doing to defeat the virus. Even though all the ground work for defeating it has already been laid, and Biden won't be doing much different. It's like when Biden magically gave Obama credit for what looked like a successful democratic revolution in Iraq . . . after blaming Bush for actually making it possible.

In my opinion, what would be a disaster is if the Dems revert to bringing back their old taxes and regulations and creating another historically low recovery and a return of their beloved stagnant "new normal." Not to mention re-invigorating their Progressive incremental destruction of the Constitution.

But Trump will be gone. So all will be well. As well as the slow disintegration of the American Republic with its outdated reverence for quaint notions of liberty and individual rights will allow. An older generation of "liberals" warned us of this brave new world that is coming. The current Progressives want the opportunity to make their version of it happen.
Old 10-19-2020, 04:05 PM   #97
Pete F.
Canceled

Good thing it’s just:
The Insane Pumpkin's Super Spreader Farewell Tour.

Starring Agolf Twitler!

Cause COVID is nothing, tough guys like Covita get through it like nothing, of course with treatments not available to others.

But the media, who the rightwing has claimed for years are all against them, except Fox and even they are suspect are making an epidemic out of something that’s no worse than the flu.....

220K dead
New cases up 30% in the last 14 days
Great job, Covita
Old 10-19-2020, 04:18 PM   #98
detbuch

Quote:
Good thing it’s just:
The Insane Pumpkin's Super Spreader Farewell Tour.

Starring Agolf Twitler!

Cause COVID is nothing, tough guys like Covita get through it like nothing, of course with treatments not available to others.

But the media, who the rightwing has claimed for years are all against them, except Fox and even they are suspect are making an epidemic out of something that’s no worse than the flu.....

220K dead
New cases up 30% in the last 14 days
Great job, Covita
You do realize that covid is being handled by the states, as it has been for several months, and is the constitutional way. Trump is not in charge of it. Nor should he be.
Old 10-19-2020, 05:47 PM   #99
Pete F.
Canceled

Most Americans think there should be a federally coordinated response, because just like interstate commerce the virus is not required to pay attention to state laws
Old 10-19-2020, 06:13 PM   #100
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
You do realize that covid is being handled by the states, as it has been for several months, and is the constitutional way. Trump is not in charge of it. Nor should he be.
Right he has put an MRI doctor in charge of the Covid team, which probably explains your herd immunity posts and now his tweet stating masks don’t work was thankfully taken down by Twitter. His statements on Dr. Fauci clearly tell you where his head is at, basically up his own arse.
Old 10-19-2020, 08:35 PM   #101
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Right he has put an MRI doctor in charge of the Covid team, which probably explains your herd immunity posts and now his tweet stating masks don’t work was thankfully taken down by Twitter. His statements on Dr. Fauci clearly tell you where his head is at, basically up his own arse.
I don't have a hard and sure opinion on any of the "science" behind covid. I have seen and heard conflicting evidence. Also, their is a lot more to consider in fighting the pandemic than just focusing on killing and containing the virus. There is the total effect not just of the virus itself but the consequence of things likes the lockdown. There is solid evidence that the lockdown also causes different kinds of death, physical and mental health breakdowns, economic disaster, and long time impact of all those things.

Atlas is an advisor among others who have their various expertise. Mr. Atlas is a data wonk. His input should be a balancing of our response to best mitigate all the negatives. You won't watch it, and you claim that you won't read any of this, but for those who might want a wider more objective view of Atlas and his input, this video should help to temper or reject the biased, frankly political smear of him:

Old 10-19-2020, 09:12 PM   #102
Pete F.
Canceled

And as a sure indicator of his expertise, he echoes Covita’s rhetoric
Gotta be good
Old 10-19-2020, 10:19 PM   #103
detbuch

Quote:
And as a sure indicator of his expertise, he echoes Covita’s rhetoric
Gotta be good
Either you didn't watch the video, or your a bit dense, or you will dismiss, mock, suppress and destroy anything that weakens your narrative rather than debating it or even discussing it.
Old 10-20-2020, 06:54 AM   #104
Pete F.
Canceled

We live in a country where a 79-year-old scientist and doctor who has dedicated 36 years of his life to understanding and stopping infectious disease, now needs armed federal security because his life is threatened for telling the truth about a pandemic. Vote Tweety out!
Old 10-20-2020, 10:27 AM   #105
detbuch

Quote:
We live in a country where a 79-year-old scientist and doctor who has dedicated 36 years of his life to understanding and stopping infectious disease, now needs armed federal security because his life is threatened for telling the truth about a pandemic. Vote Tweety out!
There's a lot of folks on both "sides" that require armed security because of what they've said or what their position is. This is an idiotic reason to vote for Biden or Trump.
Old 10-20-2020, 11:28 AM   #106
Pete F.
Canceled

The Stable Genius has chosen to go to war with the idea of testing, with Dr. Anthony Fauci and with “experts” in general at precisely the moment when the fall wave they’ve been warning about seems to be showing up — which is also the moment when the two-thirds of Americans who describe themselves as “very” or “somewhat” concerned about the virus will be going to the polls.
But you think everyone should ignore that and vote for him
Blah, blah, blah
Old 10-20-2020, 12:21 PM   #107
detbuch

Quote:
The Stable Genius has chosen to go to war with the idea of testing, with Dr. Anthony Fauci and with “experts” in general at precisely the moment when the fall wave they’ve been warning about seems to be showing up — which is also the moment when the two-thirds of Americans who describe themselves as “very” or “somewhat” concerned about the virus will be going to the polls.
But you think everyone should ignore that and vote for him
Blah, blah, blah
If you're responding to me, which I might assume since this follows my post and ends sarcastically with my sort of signature blah, blah, blah, you've picked the wrong one to respond to. But I do understand that you don't really pay attention or give any credence to what I say. But I'll say it again. IT'S NOT ABOUT TRUMP FOR ME. I don't care about Trump or Biden except insofar as they will be the executive of the party I want to win and the one I want to lose. IT COULD BE ANY PAIR OF REPUB OR DEM CANDIDATES AND I WOULD STILL VOTE THE SAME WAY. IT IS ABOUT THE PARTY AGENDAS!!!!!!

The Progressive agenda is an absolute no no for me. If Jesus was running on the Progressive ticket vs any Republican, I would vote for the Republican.

I don't give a rat's azz about some disagreement Trump has with Fauci. Or any of the other chicken chit anti-Trump factoids you want to pile on to the forum.

And I already voted.
Old 10-20-2020, 12:50 PM   #108
Pete F.
Canceled

So you’d vote for him if he shot someone in the middle of Fifth Avenue, if the death toll was a million or he was owned by our adversaries.
Old 10-20-2020, 12:51 PM   #109
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Either you didn't watch the video, or your a bit dense, or you will dismiss, mock, suppress and destroy anything that weakens your narrative rather than debating it or even discussing it.
What is to discuss, I wouldn’t watch it because he lacks the credentials or experience to suggest he knows how to handle this. Sorry I will go with the 70 old who has spent his entire life becoming an expert on this very pandemic. His thoughtful science based commentary and advise is exactly why Trump mocks and shames him, it’s really embarrassing to watch our president go after the one guy we should all be listening to.
Old 10-20-2020, 02:34 PM   #110
detbuch

Quote:
What is to discuss, I wouldn’t watch it because he lacks the credentials or experience to suggest he knows how to handle this. Sorry I will go with the 70 old who has spent his entire life becoming an expert on this very pandemic. His thoughtful science based commentary and advise is exactly why Trump mocks and shames him, it’s really embarrassing to watch our president go after the one guy we should all be listening to.
He is one of the advisers. There is no point in having a group of advisers who all have the same credentials and say the same thing. He has credentials in other areas that need attention paid to. The effect of prolonged lockdowns also includes related deaths and long time health concerns as well as the destruction of the economy and the worse the destruction the longer the recovery so the greater stress and deaths and mental and physical health dangers and loss of livelihoods. Video discusses a lot of this stuff, most of which the media pays little attention to and some that only "experts" would even know about.

All factors considered there could actually be more related deaths and destruction from overdone lockdowns than the number of deaths supposedly lowered by focusing strictly on containing the virus as much as possible.

But why learn about necessary considerations when you have an old expert with credentials who has changed his position on things like masks and contagiousness, among others.
Old 10-20-2020, 02:57 PM   #111
Pete F.
Canceled

Leaked reports show the White House has known for more than a month that COVID-19 is surging as Trump has downplayed the crisis.
Old 10-20-2020, 02:57 PM   #112
detbuch

Quote:
So you’d vote for him if he shot someone in the middle of Fifth Avenue, if the death toll was a million or he was owned by our adversaries.
Depends on why he shot someone. If it was a crime, he wouldn't be eligible. Unlike you, I don't think He is responsible for the coronavirus deaths. If he was convicted of being owned by our adversaries, he would not be the candidate.

Question for you since your interested in hypotheticals, if the emails are legit, would you vote for Biden?
Old 10-20-2020, 03:15 PM   #113
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
He is one of the advisers. There is no point in having a group of advisers who all have the same credentials and say the same thing. He has credentials in other areas that need attention paid to. The effect of prolonged lockdowns also includes related deaths and long time health concerns as well as the destruction of the economy and the worse the destruction the longer the recovery so the greater stress and deaths and mental and physical health dangers and loss of livelihoods. Video discusses a lot of this stuff, most of which the media pays little attention to and some that only "experts" would even know about.

All factors considered there could actually be more related deaths and destruction from overdone lockdowns than the number of deaths supposedly lowered by focusing strictly on containing the virus as much as possible.

But why learn about necessary considerations when you have an old expert with credentials who has changed his position on things like masks and contagiousness, among others.
He always gets the best advisors like the my pillow guy.
Old 10-20-2020, 03:48 PM   #114
detbuch

Quote:
I wouldn't compare Scott Atlas to Mike Lindell. Wouldn't compare Lindell to Birx and Fauci.
Old 10-20-2020, 04:18 PM   #115
scottw

Quote:
I didn't know Lindell was advising trump...I know he shifted a huge part of his production to make masks during an national emergency which was pretty impressive..I think that was when you were complaining that you couldn't get on a golf course and how unfair that was
Old 10-20-2020, 08:06 PM   #116
detbuch

Quote:
Most Americans think there should be a federally coordinated response, because just like interstate commerce the virus is not required to pay attention to state laws
I had passed over this because it seemed silly. Of course, there was and is a federal response. But it is not supposed to override the states' responsibilities. At this point, most of the responsibility for handling covid rests with the states. You keep wanting the federal government to usurp the states' authority. I doubt if you think states are even necessary. Like the Constitution, they just get in the way of the central government being in total "coordinated" control.

You even seem to apply that notion to the Interstate Commerce Clause. Progressives would agree with you. They're the ones who transformed that clause from the limited federal power that is specifically expressed in the constitutional text into one which gives the Federal government nearly unlimited power. The Progressive "interpretation" of that clause and the Welfare Clause basically makes the rest of the Constitution an unnecessary waste of words. The "loose" and "elastic" Progressive interpretation of those clauses Just about gives the federal government total control of the country.

Contrary to what you say, interstate commerce does have to pay attention to state laws. The only thing the Commerce Clause was supposed to do was create a regularity in commerce between the states. Under the Articles of Confederation, the states economically warred with each other--imposed tarifs and made it more difficult and cumbersome with regulations on commerce from other states that competed with that in their own state. The ICC clause was made simply to stop interstate commerce wars. Otherwise, interstate commerce still must obey the same state laws that apply to all commerce in the states they visit.
Old 10-20-2020, 10:40 PM   #117
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump's prepared texts warn that Biden is a radical who will make various extreme and destructive changes to people's lives.

Ad-libbing Trump warns that Biden is so boring that if Biden wins, "nobody's gonna be interested in politics anymore."

Must be Biden will just put everyone to sleep and then become a midnight radical and you’ll wake up in.........
Old 10-21-2020, 02:38 AM   #118
scottw

Quote:

Must be Biden will just put everyone to sleep and then become a midnight radical and you’ll wake up in.........
biden only works an hour or two a week
Old 10-21-2020, 06:49 AM   #119
Pete F.
Canceled

Biden has the support of more than 200 retired admirals and generals, including at least 22 four-stars. The latest to support him is Adm. Bill McRaven, former SOCOM commander.

Trump does not have the endorsement of a single four-star flag officer.
Old 10-21-2020, 06:57 AM   #120
scottw

Quote:

Biden has the support of more than 200 retired admirals and generals

Russian or Chinese?