Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » How To's, F.A.Q.s, Tips, & Tricks

How To's, F.A.Q.s, Tips, & Tricks How-To's, Tips & Tricks plus Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) **** Please Do Not Start Discussions or Ask New Questions in Here **** This is for popular Threads To be moved here for easy access & discussion. Post all new questions in main Stripertalk Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2006, 05:27 PM   #15
ReelinRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolOmoN
can it be done and is it advisable to?.
Yes it can be done and if properly constructed, such a knot will not significantly weaken the line.

For joining equal diameter braided lines the uni to uni is best.

For unequal diameters the Albright / Alberto is good but I have been using a short spider hitch in the 20lb and then to back to back unis. I use braid exclusively on my spinner bait set-ups and use a 20lb running line (Sufix) and a braid casting (shock) leader of between 50lb and 100lb depending on the set-up's duty. When using 80 or 100 the 20 really needs to be doubled to resist slippage.

Yes, it gives you two knots about 4-6 inches apart but they go thru the guides fine and I use Fuji LSCG SiC Lowriders exclusively on my distance rigs (20mm gathering guide).
ReelinRod is offline   Reply With Quote