Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-16-2018, 08:17 AM   #1
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Term limits

Term limits and what you can do.
Ask and you shall receive

https://www.termlimits.com/petition/

The very least you could do is sign the petition

Google term limits and see what is out there, write every member of Congress and pressure them.
There is plenty to be done
Get the media’s attention

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 12-16-2018, 08:19 AM   #2
Slipknot
Super Moderator

SIGN THE TERM LIMITS PETITION
Congress was meant to be a citizen legislature. Our representatives were supposed to go to Washington, serve for a short time, then return to live under the laws they made. This vision has been lost. Congress is now a haven for career politicians who put their own power, perks and privileges ahead of public service. Even worse, they are impossible to unseat thanks to cozy connections with lobbyists and special interests. This broken system needs repair. U.S. Term Limits is fighting to call a convention under Article V of the Constitution to propose an amendment for Term Limits on the U.S. House and Senate. If we do not act now, we may never be able to bring back government of, by and for the people.

Congress has a 13 percent approval rating, but a 95% re-election rate. That’s because our elected leaders can abuse their power to keep away electoral challenges, which transfers power away from citizens and into the hands of unaccountable career politicians. Won’t you help us break this cycle, by signing the online petition below?

Whereas, Congress ratings are at an historic low point; and
Whereas, the American people no longer trust career politicians who run for reelection over and over again; and
Whereas, members of Congress seem to care more about pandering to campaign contributors and special interest groups than representing their constituents; and
Whereas, election rules and government power have been perverted so that it has become almost impossible for the people to vote their elected representatives out of office; and
Whereas, 84% of the American people support term limits; and
Whereas, Congress will not vote for an amendment to term limit itself; and
Whereas, Article V of the Constitution allows for states to bypass Congress to propose the amendment through Convention; and

Now Therefore Be It Resolved, that I do hereby support a Term Limits Convention to enact a constitutional amendment for term limits on members of the U.S. Senate and on members of The House of Representatives.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-16-2018, 08:27 AM   #3
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Go to the menu of this site term limits dot com and read the info
It is informative
Article V
The blog
Etc.
Old 12-16-2018, 11:15 AM   #4
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Done and done.
Old 12-16-2018, 11:16 AM   #5
Nebe

Add Sperm limits to it as well. No more family dynasties. Imagine Chelsea Clinton running for president
Old 12-16-2018, 12:56 PM   #6
Pete F.
Canceled

Did it a while ago