Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » Kayaking

Kayaking After the frequent attempts at Bribery, beatings, and simply getting towed at Sunrise - S-B opens the Kayak Forums Also see http://www.ultimatekayakfishing.com

Old 05-30-2011, 10:12 PM   #1
BigBo

Angry JetSki's suck!!!!!

I believe there's a special place in hell for jetskiers! All by myself enjoying a slow but steady pick of Bass. Nothing too large, but fun anyways and the solitude was especially nice. That is until my solitude was disturbed by a jetski doing a close flyby. Then he was joined by another and they decided to circle for a while waving at me a couple times like I'm part of their fun!!!!????? No, I'm not! I flip the first one the secret hand wave so he comes over and wants to know what my problem is. You mean other than ruining my fishing? I'm done. Packed up and called it a day.

The future ain't what it used to be. --Yogi Berra
BigBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:36 PM   #2
iamskippy

sucks man, jet skiers don't respond to the special wave, however a 2 oz across there seat gets there attn. so don't harbor patrol or the coast guard.
iamskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:13 AM   #3
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
That sucks Bob! It never fails....no matter where you go there is always someone there to screw up a good time!!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:44 PM   #4
FishermanTim

The jet-ski is as popular as a cold sore in my view.
The clowns that operate them don't see anything wrong with doing a "fly-by" and swamping or flipping other watercraft, as long as they can still look amazing being a-holes. (My own past experience)

Now I know that as long as they are sanctioned and allowed in a given body of water, I have to live with them. What I don't want to or have to live with is the idiots and their complete lack of courtesy and common sense.

Why do most jet-skiers feel that EVERYONE on the water MUST know that they're there by flying 'round and 'round on a perpetual strafing run? (still my own experience)
From a kayaking stand point I have a dislike of some watercraft. Not all, because I understand that everyone should be able to get out on the water. What I dislike is that some, once again, feel like they have to let EVERYONE know that they have a boat/jetski and that THEY have the right of way no matter where they are, and that you are ALWAYS in their way.

Bottom line is that I agree that jetskis suck, but more to the point....that jetski operators suck WHEN they fail to use common sense and common courtesy while operating. (My own opinion)

I guess I'll be looking for waters with "no motorcraft" restrictions for a quieter kayak experience?......Nah, I can't be that harsh. I'll just learn to live with the occaisional jetski clown and hope they don't run into or over someone (as happens every season)?
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:43 PM   #5
luds
Night Stalker

One of the many reasons I prefer to fish at night. Boat, kayak, or surf you got to love the solitude of night fishing.

luds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:59 PM   #6
Pete F.
Canceled

Those things remind me of cluster flies, buzzing around aimlessly.
Need a giant flyswatter.
I'll stick to the dark also

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:26 PM   #7
GattaFish
Great White Scup Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by luds View Post
One of the many reasons I prefer to fish at night. Boat, kayak, or surf you got to love the solitude of night fishing.
Sometimes being by yourself tooo,,,,

Jet skis remind me of mosquitos ......

Years ago I used to waterski a lot. Had a jet skier jump the wake between the boat and the skier. He could not figure out why I was so mad,,,,, still not sure how he ever missed the skier.
GattaFish is offline   Reply With Quote