Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-02-2010, 08:38 PM   #1
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Scarborough's take on Palin

I saw this live (yes I watch morning joe for ~30min or so before I leave the house) but just got around to finding it online to read again.
I have to feel the more centrist republicans feel this way as well, but as they put it, no one wants to piss off her 20% of the vote (i.e. Romney dancing Palin questions on Leno)

Opinion: Joe Scarborough tells GOP to man up and confront Sarah Palin - Joe Scarborough - POLITICO.com

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 12-03-2010, 02:32 AM   #2
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
I saw this live (yes I watch morning joe for ~30min or so before I leave the house) but just got around to finding it online to read again.
I have to feel the more centrist republicans feel this way as well, but as they put it, no one wants to piss off her 20% of the vote (i.e. Romney dancing Palin questions on Leno)

Opinion: Joe Scarborough tells GOP to man up and confront Sarah Palin - Joe Scarborough - POLITICO.com
Of course Palin is making statements like that, she's "Going Rogue".

However:

Old 12-03-2010, 03:44 AM   #3
scottw

keep battling it out for distant third place out of three Joe!
Old 12-03-2010, 07:39 AM   #4
stcroixman

Morning Joe is the only political talk show I watch.

Joe brings on guests from both sides, not like some other opiniated one way shows.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:48 AM   #5
Bronko

lol....msnbc...lol

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan
Old 12-03-2010, 08:04 AM   #6
buckman

Joe was one of those unbiased reporters that donated to the fringe left.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:26 AM   #7
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Joe was one of those unbiased reporters that donated to the fringe left.
Buckman: Fringe left? You do know Scarborough was a Republican Rep for 7 years, right?

from Politico:

"Scarborough gave at least five $500 contributions while serving as an MSNBC host — all to Republican candidates to whom he was close who were running for state legislative seats in or near Scarborough’s hometown of Pensacola, Fla. After being contacted by POLITICO about the donations, Scarborough voluntarily disclosed three other $500 contributions to a friend running for county office in Florida.

Read more: Joe Scarborough suspended from MSNBC for campaign donations - Kenneth P. Vogel - POLITICO.com

Bryan

"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 12-03-2010, 08:41 AM   #8
buckman

Quote:
Buckman: Fringe left? You do know Scarborough was a Republican Rep for 7 years, right?

from Politico:

"Scarborough gave at least five $500 contributions while serving as an MSNBC host — all to Republican candidates to whom he was close who were running for state legislative seats in or near Scarborough’s hometown of Pensacola, Fla. After being contacted by POLITICO about the donations, Scarborough voluntarily disclosed three other $500 contributions to a friend running for county office in Florida.

Read more: Joe Scarborough suspended from MSNBC for campaign donations - Kenneth P. Vogel - POLITICO.com
Woops...my bad. I just assumed and we all know what that makes me. Puts me in the same class of people who make assumptions about Fox.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:58 AM   #9
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Thats fine BM. When someone (one of the main hosts) from Fox, leans left, I'll man up and admit to my 'assumptions'.

Besides, some of the members here think Scarborough is a RINO anyways

Bryan

Old 12-03-2010, 01:31 PM   #10
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

I actually kinda like Joe. Though I think (and hope) the R party can do better than Joe or Sarah.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 12-03-2010, 01:34 PM   #11
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
I actually kinda like Joe. Though I think (and hope) the R party can do better than Joe or Sarah.
I just hope they can do better than Obama

Last edited by scottw; 12-05-2010 at 11:42 AM..
Old 12-03-2010, 04:30 PM   #12
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
I think Joe is exactly where he belongs, providing opinion without much of an internal filter. They get some good guests from both sides of the aisle in the morning. I'd rather watch it than 30min of Frank Colletta while eating breakfast....

Bryan

Old 12-05-2010, 11:32 AM   #13
spence

Quote:
I think Joe is exactly where he belongs, providing opinion without much of an internal filter. They get some good guests from both sides of the aisle in the morning. I'd rather watch it than 30min of Frank Colletta while eating breakfast....
Agreed, it's a very good show aside from Mica's posing.

Joe's certainly a conservative, perhaps more of the Goldwater model. Those who frequent Fox just might not recognize it as he's not an ideologue.

His book is pretty good as well. Very straightforward it gets to the heart of issues without a lot of crap. I think I gave my copy to some guy on an airplane...

-spence
Old 12-05-2010, 11:52 AM   #14
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
His book is pretty good as well. Very straightforward it gets to the heart of issues without a lot of crap. I think I gave my copy to some guy on an airplane...

-spence
are you referring to this book?

Joe Scarborough Conservative Bashing Book Tour Flops Bigtime
By P.J. Gladnick | June 20, 2009 |

Over the past several weeks, this site has been tracking the attempt by MSNBC's Joe Scarborough to make money bashing his former friends in any and every available public venue. With a new book to peddle, could attacking onetime colleagues from his conservative days fuel sales? New data from the publishing world, as well as radio and TV, provide the answer.

To promote the release, the former GOP congressman turned radio and TV host appeared on left-leaning television shows such as The View and did interviews with the New York Times and Newsweek. Each time, he was quick to bash Rush Limbaugh, Karl Rove, Newt Gingrich, and other key conservative figures.

In recent years, Scarborough has found that turning against fellow Republicans could be good for the pocketbook, securing him the morning gig at MSNBC and a syndicated talk show airing on WABC / New York and elsewhere.

But in new data released late this week, Scarborough has struck out in every category: TV, radio and publishing. His widely-touted The Last Best Hope: Restoring Conservatism and America's Promise has bombed, selling just 6432 copies since its 9 June release, according to new Bookscan figures. At Amazon, it has already dropped out of the top 100, currently ranked 166.

No, you're wrong, Brian! And outdated. The most recent check at Amazon shows that Scarborough's book has now plunged to #189 in book sales despite seemingly endless promotion for it on MSNBC and the rest of the tube.

book review comments made by readers at Amazon. Here is a sampling:

...Joe's analysis is shallow and weak and his anecdotes are unconvincing if you give them any serious thought.

Exactly what in this book provokes thought? I'll give it this. It works better than Ambien if you're trying to catch some Z's.

When I think "conservative", Joe Scarborough's name comes up somewhere between David Brooks, and Lincoln Chafee. If this guy is the last best hope: good riddance!

Joe lives in the basement, nobody cares what he has to say.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:02 PM   #15
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
-spence
Glad to hear it, I'd like to p/u a copy, but abhor buying online. I like actually reading the jacket of a book before I buy it... need to get to B&N.

I think it is one of the few shows, where you get hear from liberals, conservative (even real conservatives like Pat Buchanan) etc.. in a pretty lively format.

Bryan