Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-25-2020, 10:39 AM   #61
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I'm not the one constantly complaining about where they live - you are. You are welcome to complain about anything you want here - that is what this forum is for. Just as I can point out that you have a solution - move to Tenn. Far different than moving out of the country.

I like benefits we get recognizing taxes we pay are going to be higher. There are structural problems here just as there are everywhere. I would never live in some of those low tax, low benefit states.
Using this logic, should one assume that if you don’t like the leadership in this country that you should pack up and move to one you prefer? Asking for a friend.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 03-25-2020, 10:48 AM   #62
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I'm not the one constantly complaining about where they live - you are. You are welcome to complain about anything you want here - that is what this forum is for. Just as I can point out that you have a solution - move to Tenn. Far different than moving out of the country.

I like benefits we get recognizing taxes we pay are going to be higher. There are structural problems here just as there are everywhere. I would never live in some of those low tax, low benefit states.
as usual, the amount of complaining you do is normal and not indicative that you should
move. only those with whom you disagree, have no right complaining unless they move.
Old 03-25-2020, 11:01 AM   #63
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump* should plan large scale rallies in two-weeks, you know, like our childhood chicken-pox parties or just have everyone go to church on Easter.

Either people are smart and stay home, or they listen to Trump*, get infected and see what happens.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-25-2020, 11:47 AM   #64
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Pfff
Do you honestly think that Trump discovered this?
No need to deflect and imply that I think Trump discovered it (I know he didn't). And then use my question as an excuse to throw one of your familiar anti-Trump rants telling us things you've already told us ad nauseum.

Just answer the question. If you were seriously suffering from the virus and doctors could no longer help you with other FDA approved medicine to recover from the coronavirus, would you try one of the chloroquine drug cocktails administered by your doctor?
Old 03-25-2020, 11:51 AM   #65
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Just answer the question. If you were seriously suffering from the virus and doctors could no longer help you with other FDA approved medicine to recover from the coronavirus, would you try one of the chloroquine drug cocktails administered by your doctor?
There are no FDA approved drugs, pretty much can only administer chloroquine if someone is on their deathbed.
Old 03-25-2020, 11:53 AM   #66
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
There are no FDA approved drugs, pretty much can only administer chloroquine if someone is on their deathbed.
This is just the miracle previously discussed.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 03-25-2020, 11:54 AM   #67
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
There are other FDA approved drugs. Chloroquine is FDA approved. Just not specifically for the virus. It can be administered off label, and not just for those on their deathbed.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:01 PM   #68
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
as usual, the amount of complaining you do is normal and not indicative that you should
move. only those with whom you disagree, have no right complaining unless they move.
Usually my "complaining" is pointing out your hypocrisy or pettiness.

Didn't I say above you can complain about anything you want ?
Old 03-25-2020, 12:19 PM   #69
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
No need to deflect and imply that I think Trump discovered it (I know he didn't). And then use my question as an excuse to throw one of your familiar anti-Trump rants telling us things you've already told us ad nauseum.

I'd be willing to follow the doctor's advice, not this clown's

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-25-2020, 01:03 PM   #70
detbuch

Quote:
I'd be willing to follow the doctor's advice, not this clown's
Didn't ask for a video about Trump, so didn't watch it. Didn't realize it was such a tough question. It sounds like you're trying to say that yes, you would take the chloroquine. That's encouraging. You won't admit it, but sometimes Trump is right.
Old 03-25-2020, 02:11 PM   #71
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Didn't ask for a video about Trump, so didn't watch it. Didn't realize it was such a tough question. It sounds like you're trying to say that yes, you would take the chloroquine. That's encouraging. You won't admit it, but sometimes Trump is right.
Even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while.

See, I praised him.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-25-2020, 03:19 PM   #72
detbuch

Quote:

See, I praised him.
Trump got it right. He gets a lot of things right.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:41 PM   #73
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Trump got it right. He gets a lot of things right.
Keep believing, you might also still find some fellow staunch believers in the islands of the Phillipines from WW2, still praising the emperor.

While I wish it were not true, Americans are on the way to winning the race to the most killed by Covid-19 thanks to the incompetence and inaction of your hero, Trump*

This week we will likely surpass Italy in confirmed cases and unfortunately shortly in deaths.

If the leader had not claimed for months that he had it under control perhaps it would have been different.

Aren't you tired of winning yet?

*The president solely responsible for the death of the most Americans in history.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-25-2020, 10:11 PM   #74
detbuch

Quote:
Keep believing, you might also still find some fellow staunch believers in the islands of the Phillipines from WW2, still praising the emperor.

While I wish it were not true, Americans are on the way to winning the race to the most killed by Covid-19 thanks to the incompetence and inaction of your hero, Trump*

This week we will likely surpass Italy in confirmed cases and unfortunately shortly in deaths.

If the leader had not claimed for months that he had it under control perhaps it would have been different.

*The president solely responsible for the death of the most Americans in history.
I don't believe you.
Old 03-25-2020, 10:44 PM   #75
Pete F.
Canceled

Time will tell
While I hope that I am incorrect, I fear that I am right
Old 03-26-2020, 06:41 AM   #76
Jim in CT

Pete, did you claim Obama was responsible for the 10,000+ Americans who died of H1N1 during his presidency?

You need to loosen the straps on your tin foil hat occasionally.
Old 03-26-2020, 06:46 AM   #77
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Pete, did you claim Obama was responsible for the 10,000+ Americans who died of H1N1 during his presidency?

You need to loosen the straps on your tin foil hat occasionally.
He is too blinded by hate to know the difference. He lost his ability to reason long ago.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 03-26-2020, 08:07 AM   #78
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
He is too blinded by hate to know the difference. He lost his ability to reason long ago.
Just wondering how he'd respond to the question...of course you're right...
Old 03-26-2020, 08:35 AM   #79
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:

Dammit, Pete. Stop twisting everything. There was not a leader in the world that was ahead of this crisis. China? No. Europe? Not one. Russia? Putin just acknowledged it YESTERDAY when he postponed his rubberstamp election.
And it is the medical and scientific community that is laying out the response for a pandemic, not the leaders... Does he babble and go off course during the press briefings? Yes. Would he rather put the economy back in gear, instead of dealing with a pandemic? Yes. Wouldn't we all? I would rather be hearing from the VP, who is in charge of the panel assembled to put the battleplan together, along with hearing from those other members of that panel.
In conclusion, we are in this now, up to our collective waists, along with the rest of the world. I have gotten onboard with past Presidents I did not vote for in the past during times when the nation needed to bond together. Didn't always taste good. But I was on the right side of the battle. The American side. At some point, in my opinion, you have to back your President when it is an issue that threatens your nation. I hope everyone will back the American response instead of tearing down anyone and everyone until the man in the office is replaced...

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 03-26-2020, 08:46 AM   #80
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Dammit, Pete. Stop twisting everything. There was not a leader in the world that was ahead of this crisis. China? No. Europe? Not one. Russia? Putin just acknowledged it YESTERDAY when he postponed his rubberstamp election.
And it is the medical and scientific community that is laying out the response for a pandemic, not the leaders... Does he babble and go off course during the press briefings? Yes. Would he rather put the economy back in gear, instead of dealing with a pandemic? Yes. Wouldn't we all? I would rather be hearing from the VP, who is in charge of the panel assembled to put the battleplan together, along with hearing from those other members of that panel.
In conclusion, we are in this now, up to our collective waists, along with the rest of the world. I have gotten onboard with past Presidents I did not vote for in the past during times when the nation needed to bond together. Didn't always taste good. But I was on the right side of the battle. The American side. At some point, in my opinion, you have to back your President when it is an issue that threatens your nation. I hope everyone will back the American response instead of tearing down anyone and everyone until the man in the office is replaced...
Good post Ross
You don’t even have to back him,but in these dark days how and who does it help to bash him?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 03-26-2020, 09:19 AM   #81
Jim in CT

Quote:
Good post Ross
You don’t even have to back him,but in these dark days how and who does it help to bash him?
and it’s ok to bash him
if he deserves it. but saying it’s his fault that someone drank fish tank cleaner? it’s blatant lying.

we don’t need to pucker up and kiss trumps arse. but is a speck of honesty and fairness that much to ask?
Old 03-26-2020, 12:32 PM   #82
Pete F.
Canceled

Sorry, I don't feel guilty for letting out my frustrations about this administration on the political forum of a fishing website.

Yesterday's presser was over an hour long and consisted of about a half an hour of experts talking and the balance was self aggrandizing political speech by Trump* and Pence, claiming credit and laying blame.

My diatribes pale in comparison to his public speech.

I feel that it is irrelevant how many die, or how bad the economy gets. Trump's response will be: "We did a tremendous job, great things are happening. And if I hadn't been in charge, this would have been worse than anything that anyone has ever heard of."

When he claims that remember that our government, aka "the Deep State", has plans for everything because the goal is to not ever have to say "who would have thought"

Here is the step by step plan for a pandemic, what happened?

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...sam&stream=top

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-26-2020, 12:46 PM   #83
Sea Dangles

Let’s move on to Biden who offered hope with this gem. “ people are going to die who have never died before.”

Looks like the mailman is your write-in
Old 03-26-2020, 01:33 PM   #84
zimmy

Quote:
Let’s move on to Biden who offered hope with this gem. “ people are going to die who have never died before.”

Looks like the mailman is your write-in
Fake news. He never said that.

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 03-26-2020, 02:50 PM   #85
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
and it’s ok to bash him
if he deserves it. but saying it’s his fault that someone drank fish tank cleaner? it’s blatant lying.

we don’t need to pucker up and kiss trumps arse. but is a speck of honesty and fairness that much to ask?
You ought to try that honesty thing out.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has estimated that H1N1 killed about 12,500 Americans between April 2009 and 2010, far fewer people than typically die each year from the flu.

Though the H1N1 virus had begun spreading in Mexico, the first case in the United States was detected on April 15, 2009, in a 10-year-old patient in California. Two days later, CDC laboratory testing confirmed a second infection in an 8-year-old also living in California. Within one week, the CDC had activated its Emergency Operations Center to respond to what it had identified as an emerging public health threat.

That was when only 20 cases of H1N1 — and no deaths — around the country had been confirmed.

Two days later, the administration made an initial funding request for H1N1 to Congress. Eventually $7.65 billion was allocated for a vaccine and other measures.

H1N1 was declared a pandemic by the World Health Organization on June 11, 2009.

As a measure to aid in controlling future pandemics the Obama administration developed the PLAYBOOK FOR EARLY RESPONSE TO EMERGING INFECTIOUS DISEASE THREATS AND BIOLOGICAL INCIDENTS, it was completed in 2016.

Wonder what the next administration did with that?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-26-2020, 03:53 PM   #86
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
Fake news. He never said that.
You may be true on the actual quote. I actually watched him call his sister his wife though.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 03-26-2020, 04:37 PM   #87
zimmy

Quote:
You may be true on the actual quote. I actually watched him call his sister his wife though.
On the actual quote? Right, not a shred of truth to it. I also saw the wife/sister thing, but they were standing behind him. Very awkward, though not as awkward as a dad asking about his 16 yo daughter
“Don’t you think my daughter’s hot? She’s hot, right?” or on other occasions that he would date her if not her father or any of the numerous other repulsive conversations about his daughter he has had in public forums. Sort of behavior fits right in with someone who would be named in a suit with Epstein. Oh wait, right...

Old 03-26-2020, 04:43 PM   #88
Sea Dangles

I agree, both creepy guys. Unfortunately,I feel Joe has lost a little velocity off the heater at this point. He also seems confused by simple tasks.
Epstein? Not sure why the Clintons killed him yet are you?
Old 03-26-2020, 04:57 PM   #89
zimmy

Quote:
I agree, both creepy guys. Unfortunately,I feel Joe has lost a little velocity off the heater at this point. He also seems confused by simple tasks.
Epstein? Not sure why the Clintons killed him yet are you?
After what he did to those kids? Hopefully one of their dad's had connections. Though I think in all likelihood, Trump probably had much more reason and power to do it than the Clintons. Neither would shock me though. Same mold of narcissist rich guy.

Old 03-26-2020, 05:51 PM   #90
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
You ought to try that honesty thing out.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has estimated that H1N1 killed about 12,500 Americans between April 2009 and 2010, far fewer people than typically die each year from the flu.

Though the H1N1 virus had begun spreading in Mexico, the first case in the United States was detected on April 15, 2009, in a 10-year-old patient in California. Two days later, CDC laboratory testing confirmed a second infection in an 8-year-old also living in California. Within one week, the CDC had activated its Emergency Operations Center to respond to what it had identified as an emerging public health threat.

That was when only 20 cases of H1N1 — and no deaths — around the country had been confirmed.

Two days later, the administration made an initial funding request for H1N1 to Congress. Eventually $7.65 billion was allocated for a vaccine and other measures.

H1N1 was declared a pandemic by the World Health Organization on June 11, 2009.

As a measure to aid in controlling future pandemics the Obama administration developed the PLAYBOOK FOR EARLY RESPONSE TO EMERGING INFECTIOUS DISEASE THREATS AND BIOLOGICAL INCIDENTS, it was completed in 2016.

Wonder what the next administration did with that?
Jeebus, Pete. When are you going to discuss like an adult? The last part (in bold) is like throwing chit at the wall to see what sticks in order to "prove" a point....
Just what department, under the Obama admin's oversight, developed this playbook??? CDC? HHS??? Connect some dots, for crying out loud... You throw out that statement expecting us to believe, what? That the playbook was left in the Oval office? And the Trump housekeepers just threw it out? Trump insults my intelligence enough. At least he is not signed on in here. Try to do better...

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.