Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 06-25-2023, 12:18 PM   #1
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Tail gaters

Going home from a round of golf I’m coming up 3a from exit 2 doing the 45 mph spreed limit and a car load of teenage girls in a hurry to get to white horse beach no doubt are one car length behind me up my butt. Finally I give them a slow break job to send a message to back off, nope they don’t get it and decide to ride closer, do it again but not so abrupt I risk them running into me, nothing and just more of the same. One more harder break job and they finally back up. They had the nerve to call the police knowing where I turned off, little did they know we are pretty friendly with the police patrolling white horse beach, so they knew who owned the Silverado. They come to the door and give me the yeah I understand why but you shouldn’t be doing it, to bad they won’t give them the call back and ask why they were riding the pour old man’s arse. Nice chat with the boys in Blue.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 01:11 PM   #2
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Going home from a round of golf I’m coming up 3a from exit 2 doing the 45 mph spreed limit and a car load of teenage girls in a hurry to get to white horse beach no doubt are one car length behind me up my butt. Finally I give them a slow break job to send a message to back off, nope they don’t get it and decide to ride closer, do it again but not so abrupt I risk them running into me, nothing and just more of the same. One more harder break job and they finally back up. They had the nerve to call the police knowing where I turned off, little did they know we are pretty friendly with the police patrolling white horse beach, so they knew who owned the Silverado. They come to the door and give me the yeah I understand why but you shouldn’t be doing it, to bad they won’t give them the call back and ask why they were riding the pour old man’s arse. Nice chat with the boys in Blue.
"Desperados waiting for the train"

No boat, back in the suds.
piemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 03:57 PM   #3
Guppy
User

I stopped breaking them, just slow down to a snails pace… and turn up the tunes…. LOL
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 04:38 PM   #4
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
I stopped breaking them, just slow down to a snails pace… and turn up the tunes…. LOL
Next time cruise control will be set to 35, but what is it about teenage girls, they are the absolute worst.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 11:26 AM   #5
Rockfish9

it's not just tail gaters or teenage girls, people in General are more aggressive and drive too fast.. merge ,yield and stop signs all mean the same thing to these people " speed up and beat the next guy"

Back in January,
70 year old tree hugger with a man bun in a Subaru forrester decided he could power through the stop sign and my 3/4 ton Silverado... it ended badly for him - I only needed a new Passenger side bed outer skin - officer at the scene said to me, I guess he should have picked on someone his own size, I drove off, his went on a flat beds, it's probably a tuna fish can now.

just this morning, honda driven by and "older" woman ran right through the stop light at an apartment complex , I had a green light ( for ahwile, it had not just turned).. she never slowed down or had any intention of stopping BUT she was in front of me..had I been going above the speed limit, I Tee bone her for certain.

we all can tell war stories about this for hours, people in general dont give a rats arse about anyone but themselves.. and it shows in how they drive. and as far as giving them a one finger salute or blowing the horn and any other "retaliation" goes.. I dont . in this day and age where human life means so little to some, doing so my get you a bullet .

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 12:05 PM   #6
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockfish9 View Post
we all can tell war stories about this for hours, people in general dont give a rats arse about anyone but themselves.. and it shows in how they drive. and as far as giving them a one finger salute or blowing the horn and any other "retaliation" goes.. I dont . in this day and age where human life means so little to some, doing so my get you a bullet .
Six or seven years ago I was cycling through town and there’s a narrow section where you have to take the lane so you don’t catch a door from a parked car. I’m actually doing the speed limit mind you and once the road widens I move over. A landscaper on his phone with a huge pickup and trailer nearly hits me. I catch up to him parked a mile or so up the road and I was pissed instead of doing the smart thing which would be to just keep riding I wrap my knuckles on the side of his trailer and wag my finger telling him to watch where the eff he is going. He chased me down, off duty cop. Words got pretty interesting and he made a lot of threats. When I got home I called the watch officer and when I said who it was I could tell he was shaking his head

Moral of the story, guy could have been a freak and shot me. Don’t pick fights with cars.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 02:52 PM   #7
redlite

we all can tell war stories about this for hours, people in general dont give a rats arse about anyone but themselves.. and it shows in how they drive. and as far as giving them a one finger salute or blowing the horn and any other "retaliation" goes.. I dont . in this day and age where human life means so little to some, doing so my get you a bullet .[/QUOTE]

I literally just had this conversation of advice to my 10yr old son the other day after we had almost gotten t boned for the second time on an 8 mile drive home from breakfast
Son said no wonder why people are always telling me that I'm #1
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
redlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 10:38 AM   #8
Rockfish9

we will add, morons ( with more money than brains) driving at 30 knots in the fog to the list, i almost got ran over twice Saturday on my way out of the river ( yes i have Radar) I drive just fast enough to keep the GPs from swinging wildly while I watch the radar and scan in front of me.. I had 2 different boats blow by me ( I was doing 12 Knots) one came across my bow less than 25' away hammer down ACCROSS THE MOUTH OF THE RIVER ( me altering my course to avoid collision, with out me seeing him on radar it probably would have been a direct hit) he barely missed the tip of the jetty, the other overtook me and passed less than 10' away... that was enough for me to turn around and go home... this was at 5:30 AM not sure if either of those knuckleheads had radar or not.. still way to fast for the conditions.

Old 07-10-2023, 10:42 AM   #9
Rockfish9

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Six or seven years ago I was cycling through town and there’s a narrow section where you have to take the lane so you don’t catch a door from a parked car. I’m actually doing the speed limit mind you and once the road widens I move over. A landscaper on his phone with a huge pickup and trailer nearly hits me. I catch up to him parked a mile or so up the road and I was pissed instead of doing the smart thing which would be to just keep riding I wrap my knuckles on the side of his trailer and wag my finger telling him to watch where the eff he is going. He chased me down, off duty cop. Words got pretty interesting and he made a lot of threats. When I got home I called the watch officer and when I said who it was I could tell he was shaking his head

Moral of the story, guy could have been a freak and shot me. Don’t pick fights with cars.
I used to ride my bike to work in good weather.. not any more, anyone riding a bike now days has bigger balls than me.

Old 07-10-2023, 11:24 AM   #10
spence

Quote:
I used to ride my bike to work in good weather.. not any more, anyone riding a bike now days has bigger balls than me.
I used to race road bikes when I was younger in Iowa and can’t tell you many times I’ve had beer bottles thrown at me. A few times drivers would get in front of us and slam their brakes. Once a guy had the nerve to stop and the group started kicking his car.

Six or so years ago here in town I was riding up 81 and some redneck with a big pickup and one of those huge air horns snuck up on me and blasted it. Just about knocked me off the road. He got the finger but I wish I could have gotten his plate.

Real problems now are cell phones and distracted drivers.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 01:14 PM   #11
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
we will add, morons ( with more money than brains) driving at 30 knots in the fog to the list, i almost got ran over twice Saturday on my way out of the river ( yes i have Radar) I drive just fast enough to keep the GPs from swinging wildly while I watch the radar and scan in front of me.. I had 2 different boats blow by me ( I was doing 12 Knots) one came across my bow less than 25' away hammer down ACCROSS THE MOUTH OF THE RIVER ( me altering my course to avoid collision, with out me seeing him on radar it probably would have been a direct hit) he barely missed the tip of the jetty, the other overtook me and passed less than 10' away... that was enough for me to turn around and go home... this was at 5:30 AM not sure if either of those knuckleheads had radar or not.. still way to fast for the conditions.
There was a collision at the dump in the fog this weekend. A couple of big sporties collided. Luckily no one was killed.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 04:23 PM   #12
Guppy
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
There was a collision at the dump in the fog this weekend. A couple of big sporties collided. Luckily no one was killed.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8257.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	235.3 KB
ID:	69857
Old 07-12-2023, 03:39 AM   #13
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
That’s like hitting a tree in a desert. Fog and autoPilot or in the end seems no one paying attention at the helm or all of the above.

Guess Ray were the smart Guys and stayed home rather than run in the Fog
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 04:27 AM   #14
Guppy
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
That’s like hitting a tree in a desert. Fog and autoPilot or in the end seems no one paying attention at the helm or all of the above.

Guess Ray were the smart Guys and stayed home rather than run in the Fog
Ya, but a tough decision for me, as u know…. LOL
Now it’s the wind……. :-(