Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 10-29-2007, 06:51 AM   #1
inTHERAPY

send Bud Selig an e-mail

Red Sox Rule! but not my point. I can not be the only fan that fell in and out of sleep during these late games, especially last night! It seems MLB does not understand the term "fan base" when they have opted to start 4 + hours of baseball at 8:30pm eastern.

rather be fishin'
inTHERAPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 06:58 AM   #2
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Yup. Gonna pay for it today, and I still missed majority of last night......

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:00 PM   #3
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Yes it is ridiculous. Going to destroy their young fan base who can't stay up to watch it. I can remember watching the 67 series in school in the afternoon. We had a TV in front of the class,we drew the shades and sat there and watched the game.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:07 PM   #4
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Look---there's a reason most of the sportswriters around the country refer to Selig as "Clueless Bud" or "Bud Light"

He's the commish the owners wanted--an empty suit. They ran Fay Vincent out of the job to hand it to this non-entiity, remember? Their goal was to provoke a strike that would break the players' union.

I'm half expecting him to declare a WS game a 4-4 tie in the 13th, because each manager ran out of pitchers

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:40 PM   #5
fishsmith
DDG-51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorM View Post
Going to destroy their young fan base who can't stay up to watch it.
I couldn't agree more. To top it off the Parade is tomorrow, a school day @ 12pm. That blows, oh well, at least the drunken college kids from NY will enjoy it.
fishsmith is offline   Reply With Quote