Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 04-14-2020, 05:54 PM   #1
bart
Red Eye Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
He will be gone faster than he showed back up. Last time he posted,he deleted the post and disappeared into thin air til yesterday. I guess this is the fray🙀
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
You’re a clown Chris. I’d happily tell you that to your face anytime. And I didn’t delete #^&#^&#^&#^&, my posts are gone.
bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 07:21 PM   #2
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart View Post
You’re a clown Chris. I’d happily tell you that to your face anytime. And I didn’t delete #^&#^&#^&#^&, my posts are gone.
I look forward to it Rob. Good luck!

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 10:13 AM   #3
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart View Post
Would you stop this #^&#^&#^&#^&.

No boat, back in the suds.
piemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 10:14 AM   #4
Jimbo

If you got a stimulus check for someone who is deceased (DECD) you have to return it. Apparently on the front of the envelope it came in there's a box and it says, "IF RECIPIENT IS DECEASED Check here and drop in mailbox". Then again I read something else that said NBC had posted that the IRS may let heirs cash the check, so I think I'll just hang on to it for now.

Fishing is a... discipline in the equality of men - for all men are equal before fish. ~Herbert Hoover
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 09:53 AM   #5
BEETLE

Agreed... i frequent sol more now. I guess his rules aren't so bad afterall
BEETLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 10:13 AM   #6
basswipe

All bars and restaraunts done in RI.Takeout and delivery won't keep them afloat and the unemployment/TDI system will more than likely collapse under all this.

I wonder how many thousands of small businesses across this country will simply be gone after all this is over.

Mark my words the aftermath will be far far worse than any disease.Can't wait for the first reports of looting,the crime rate will go through the roof.
basswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 11:37 AM   #7
bloocrab
Callinectes sapidus

Quote:
Originally Posted by basswipe View Post
All bars and restaraunts done in RI.Takeout and delivery won't keep them afloat and the unemployment/TDI system will more than likely collapse under all this.

I wonder how many thousands of small businesses across this country will simply be gone after all this is over.

Mark my words the aftermath will be far far worse than any disease.Can't wait for the first reports of looting,the crime rate will go through the roof.

Let's not lose sight of what's most important here... human life.
If it hits you on a personal level and you lose a dear loved one, you won't give a rats A$s about the economy/etc... people will complain that not enough restrictions were put in place. It's easy to generalize until it enters your "circle of trust" members....

God help us all - and as they say on the cruise-ships, "washy-washy"!!!

...it finally happened, there are no more secret spots
bloocrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 01:24 PM   #8
Clammer

Gilly & Joe , I hear you both ,but either way / effected or not physically by this for you family .which I pray happens to no one , which isn,t going to happen .
The ripple effect on businesses will be far reaching on so many different levels ,
from employees , to owners , to bill payments , &&&&& so much moves …. I saw a interview with a couple getting married in a month / they were concerned about the seniors that are scheduled to go …..now add by then , the place, the food, travel, honeymoon & more .
sadly in many instances . tough luck if you miss a commercial mortgage payment ……...do you really think the lender is going to let your payment , pently & interest slide .
even things ya don,t think of …...last night I found out that our shellfish dealers are open on a day to day ……… all fisheries must be the same .
I,m not here thinking of whose going to be working and not …………………… but except jobs that are completely essential .. like police, fire, recsue, military , medical , electric & the like the longer this lasts the deeper this is going to go .
and to think just Saturday night , one of the guys that were with us for summer was on a roll that the only live sports he could find on TV . was real kick ass boxing ><>
as long as the booze stores stay open . most of us won,t see riots ……….. if they close .watch .or watch anywhere that is sparsly occupied & not enough people/workers to stop it ><>,
I was telling Gale that a scenero that would piss off the trout fisherman …………………….. they don,t want crowds ,,,,so someone informs the governor about the crowds on opening >>>>>>>>>>> we'll fix that // no stocking at all & no opening day ////// keep it closed ><> I was in Richmond / Carolina yesterday . before I got to the beaches ……..every waterway I checked was trout posted ...that,s a extreme , but people get crazy ><>< lets just hope & pray or whatever you believe in ><.

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 02:42 PM   #9
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Here's good one. I have a friend in NC. He said the hills are on fire with stills. Seems the State has restricted how much booze you can buy so the moonshiners are ramping up production.

God, I love this Country of ours.

Old 03-16-2020, 10:06 AM   #10
BEETLE

Watch the 2 hour documentary called Unseen Enemy produced in 2017. Viruses, 1917 to present how they start and how they spread.
BEETLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 10:39 AM   #11
PaulS

The Pres. and Governors have a tough decision to make where someone is always going to complain. Close things down to try to contain the virus and people will loose jobs or leave them open and the virus spreads more.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 03:49 PM   #12
basswipe

To Paul and bloo I am literally watching this live and in living color.These folks are losing everything on an announcement,we're literally taking everything we can from friends establishment before it goes bad.Its absolutely insane watching a good friend lose a business on a single announcement.All I can tell you is enjoy your not so clear view of what's happening because you're going to be paying for it much sooner than later.
Old 03-16-2020, 04:41 PM   #13
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Quote:
To Paul and bloo I am literally watching this live and in living color.These folks are losing everything on an announcement,we're literally taking everything we can from friends establishment before it goes bad.Its absolutely insane watching a good friend lose a business on a single announcement.All I can tell you is enjoy your not so clear view of what's happening because you're going to be paying for it much sooner than later.
...and what would you have me do???? I don't have any control over anything and it doesn't do any good to wring my hands and say the sky is falling. I'm just staying in my world and controlling it.

Last edited by piemma; 03-16-2020 at 04:47 PM..

Old 03-16-2020, 04:47 PM   #14
basswipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by piemma View Post
...and what would you have me do????
Live would be good.
Old 03-16-2020, 04:49 PM   #15
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Quote:
Live would be good.
I fully intend to. They haven't gotten me yet. Don't worry about what you can't control. Just stay in control of what you can.

Old 03-16-2020, 04:58 PM   #16
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
I fully intend to. They haven't gotten me yet. Don't worry about what you can't control. Just stay in control of what you can.
Great time to self isolate of the golf course Paul, very few on mine today, was a bit cool but good to get away from any news and BS.
Got Stripers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 06:02 PM   #17
basswipe

Quote:
That's my plan too my friend.Piece to you and yours.Tight lines...I'm done here.

JohnR thankyou for a great site but its time has come and gone.

I'm tired...goodnight all.
Old 03-16-2020, 04:48 PM   #18
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Stocked up on high alcohol content IPA’s and lots of vacuumed sealed tog still in the freezer and thankfully we had bought TP in bulk before the outbreak.
Got Stripers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 11:51 AM   #19
Sea Dangles

I am enjoying family times during this virus. The oldest boy is in lockdown out in Redwood CA. Tim is home from Manhattan for a while with a temporary office in the dining room. Emily is home with her college work being online and Mikey is in the basement doing his BC high work on zoom. Treasure the people you love.
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 12:04 PM   #20
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Looking forward to and expecting an escalation are two very different things...

While there have been more than one occasion where Spence is tone deaf ; ) , I don't think he is looking forward to the increase, but he is right to expect it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I think people should really listen to their state officials and not downplay the threat. The WH is slowly catching up, huge change in tone since Friday.
Having been watching the videos since well before Friday, there has been a fairly steady tone. Depending on where you are watching it may show the difference in tone.

Three weeks ago they closed travel from China and a week ago Europe and he was too soon and racist for doing it or something.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 01:16 PM   #21
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
While there have been more than one occasion where Spence is tone deaf ; )
Just because you’re in the dark on some things don’t come down on me.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 01:22 PM   #22
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Just because you’re in the dark on some things don’t come down on me.

I included the wink while I was defending you, using sarcasm as the vessel. Twas Tongue in Cheek.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 04:02 PM   #23
Rmarsh

Quote:
I am enjoying family times during this virus. The oldest boy is in lockdown out in Redwood CA. Tim is home from Manhattan for a while with a temporary office in the dining room. Emily is home with her college work being online and Mikey is in the basement doing his BC high work on zoom. Treasure the people you love.
Great post Chris......getting through lifes challenges as a family is what life is about i think
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 05:46 AM   #24
Guppy
User

Quote:
My whole clan lives minutes away, we’re visiting via FaceTime... remarkable times

Bob, those care givers and nurses Rule... :-)
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 08:22 AM   #25
Moses

My company decided early last week to stop all business related travel (us to customers, customers to us). I work in healthcare software so all our customers are healthcare organizations (hospitals, physician clinics, nursing homes, home care, etc..). We also made the decision to have all employees work remotely from their homes (just under 4k employees).

My oldest son is home from college (sophomore) and will be finishing this semester virtually from home.

My youngest son is off from school but expect there will be virtual plans announced soon.

My wife, teacher's aide, is also off from school until further word.

Last edited by Moses; 03-23-2020 at 07:28 PM..

Mike Malone
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 03:50 PM   #26
Headhunter

All I know is I now have an excuse to work on my gear for he next three weeks with out interruption. I just might be ready this year!!
Headhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 04:16 PM   #27
Rmarsh

Good news....My wife and i have been able to visit our moms in their respective nursing homes via facetime. Technology to the rescue....the vistor ban had me contemplating tapping on the first floor window of her room to get to see her.
Old 03-18-2020, 05:31 AM   #28
Rmarsh

The nursing home staff has been awesome, at first it was just a few nurses taking it upon themselves to use facetime so family members could see and talk to their loved ones. Now they have set up a system to make an appointment for a facetime chat so everyone can participate. It's sad that many of the patients do not understand why family is not visiting. Thank God for the people that care for our elders, especially now!
Old 03-18-2020, 09:27 AM   #29
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Wife working from home, and is crazy busy as Global travel mgr for a health insurance company. People are just plain stupid. Don't want to follow protocol for getting travel approvals. Or just this morning, she is getting calls from employees in an African nation who want out! And their line managers had pushed to keep them there. Without sounding like an awful human being, we do need some culling of the herd.... the ones who have to much stoopid in their dna
MIL is happy as long as we have somewhat recent Polish newspaper so she can better understand what is going on. My wife's Polish vocabulary is somewhat limited as she came to America at 13 years old, so not always easy to translate. And we are Slinging! Polish TV. But she is 85....
I am good, with the knee. Mobile. Trying to work but probably only at sites where people are in Florida or at a detached garage.
27 yo twins at their mother's house here in town. Son taking time, is very worked up about this whole thing. Daughter has made decision to stay here rather than return to her Miami base as a flight attendant. We will help her with bills and deal with the fallout, if that happens. At least here. she has a caretaker if necessary, and a house they can continue to provision. (Their mother came back from a Utah ski trip a couple days early when she and her husband finally realized the gravity of this pandemic. They have the stoopid gene too.) But both kids have had Lyme so I am happy both are here in town, where I can observe and at least make a difference, if not have them in my house.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 10:03 AM   #30
rphud
GrandBob

Everything is focused on pushing the spike down to a hump so hospitals are not overwhelmed. I think Italy showed us that. Interesting that the mortality rate in South Korea is way lower than Italy. Might be an age of population thing. Italy is the second oldest country. Second only to Japan.
rphud is offline   Reply With Quote