Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Beer & Beverage

Beer & Beverage Life is too short to drink cheap beer.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2014, 12:15 PM   #1
DZ

The Holy Grail of New England beer

The Holy Grail of New England Beer

Just got back from a two day trip to Vermont. I made it a point to try and score some Heady Topper while up there. We went to a concert in Burlington on Monday night. I walk up to the bar and look at the beers offered – got two Long Trail IPA drafts for the wife and I. I get back to the stage area and the gal in front of me is holding a can of Topper. I immediately ask her if she snuck it in. She said they’re selling it at the bar but you have to ask for it. I gave my wife the Long Trail and went back for a can - $7.50 per but I enjoyed the hell out of it. BTW: We drove 6 hours to see the Australian band named Boy & Bear – great sound – catch them if you can.

The next day we put together a list of shops that get Topper delivered on Tuesdays, then set out on our quest for the Holy “Heady Topper” Grail, the quest to bring a case back to Rhode Island. Now it’s absolutely amazing how many people were doing the same thing as I was on Tuesday. Starting at 9am I hit 5 different shops and met many others doing the same thing – all of us struck out as it hadn’t been delivered yet. In some shops the clerk saw me coming and before I could even ask said, “Not yet.” On the way home we stopped in a small country town called Waitsfield. I went to the local Waitsfield Wine store which was not yet open, my wife went next door into a tiny shop called Waitsfield Village Grocery and came out with her thumbs up. I walked in and three people in line were carrying a case (or two) of Heady Topper. The clerk told me he’s generally sold out in about an hour or two - this happens there every Tuesday. So I consider myself very fortunate but $81.00 poorer – I’ll just have to drink another to console my wallet. Happy Fourth.
DZ

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
DZ is offline   Reply With Quote