Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-25-2017, 06:58 AM   #1
PaulS

No by the people who thought he was disrespecting the game.

I have no problem w/either player(s). I wouldn't do it but understand why they are. I think the linking arms or placing your hand on the pads was a more respectful way of doing it.

Should have been a minor issue (as it was the weeks bf) until our uniter in chief had to tweet about it. Instead of of keeping his mouth shut he had to call them SOBs (a few weeks after saying some of the people protesting w/Nazis where "fine people").
Old 09-25-2017, 07:19 AM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
No by the people who thought he was disrespecting the game.

I have no problem w/either player(s). I wouldn't do it but understand why they are. I think the linking arms or placing your hand on the pads was a more respectful way of doing it.

Should have been a minor issue (as it was the weeks bf) until our uniter in chief had to tweet about it. Instead of of keeping his mouth shut he had to call them SOBs (a few weeks after saying some of the people protesting w/Nazis where "fine people").
No one will accuse Trump of being a unifier. But that comment is exactly why he got elected, and no one on the left, including you apparently, has figured that out. Which is good for my side.

"Instead of of keeping his mouth shut "

I loved what he said. I despise much of what he says, but I loved that SOB comment. So did tens of millions of others. He resonates with Middle America. The left sees no value in that. Hilary's book could all be boiled down to that. Trump understands the people who live between the coasts. He may not genuinely care about them, I have no way of knowing. But he resonates with them.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:28 AM   #3
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
No one will accuse Trump of being a unifier. But that comment is exactly why he got elected, and no one on the left, including you apparently, has figured that out. Which is good for my side.I knew exactly why he did it - to appeal to his base. The older, white, somewhat racists Americans who have suffered w/years of declining earnings and whose skills can't keep up.

"Instead of of keeping his mouth shut "

I loved what he said. I despise much of what he says, but I loved that SOB comment. So did tens of millions of others. He resonates with Middle America. The left sees no value in that. Hilary's book could all be boiled down to that. Trump understands the people who live between the coasts. He may not genuinely care about them, I have no way of knowing. But he resonates with them.
I agree he resonates w/them. "fine people"
Old 09-25-2017, 07:38 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:

I agree he resonates w/them. "fine people"
Yes, when you have embarrassed yourself and cannot admit that the other side has a point, play the racism card. How very original.

Most conservatives want blacks to be successful and thriving. Democrats, instead of using chains and German shepherds to cripple blacks like they did in the past, now use welfare and the soft bigotry of low expectations. But I am the somewhat racist. Got it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-25-2017, 07:44 AM   #5
PaulS

Quote:
Yes, when you have embarrassed yourself and cannot admit that the other side has a point, play the racism card. How very original. Maybe you can post something up about Berkley - you haven't done that it what 2 weeks? Are you denying that his campaign had no undercurrents dealing w/race?

Most conservatives want blacks to be successful and thriving. Democrats, instead of using chains and German shepherds to cripple blacks like they did in the past, now use welfare and the soft bigotry of low expectations. But I am the somewhat racist. Got it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Yup, the Dems keep blacks down by using welfare. Too bad they aren't smart enough to realize that - only Jim is. You should try telling them that someday.
Old 09-25-2017, 08:04 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Yup, the Dems keep blacks down by using welfare. Too bad they aren't smart enough to realize that - only Jim is. You should try telling them that someday.
"Are you denying that his campaign had no undercurrents dealing w/race? "

No, I cannot deny that, because anytime a prominent liberal gets involved with a political issue (or an election), you can be assured that race will be a major topic for them. You couldn't get more than a couple of comments about this NFL issue without bringing charges of racism, so thanks for proving my point.

"Maybe you can post something up about Berkley - you haven't done that it what 2 weeks?"

Oh I'm obsessed with Berkley. I've made, what, 2 or 3 posts in the past year about the riots and damage done there? Yeah that's me, always getting worked up about silly little things like violent mobs who destroy neighborhoods to keep people from speaking. All in the name of anti-fascism. You can't make that up.

"the Dems keep blacks down by using welfare. "

You pay people to have kids out of wedlock, guess what happens?

"Too bad they aren't smart enough to realize that "

Paul, I often wonder, are liberals too blind to see the damage they are doing to the cities, or is that their intended plan? I don't know the answer, I can't see in people's hearts. All I know, is that urban liberalism has been a disaster for blacks. Do you disagree? Can you answer that question, Paul? Has liberalism worked in our urban cities for the last generation, yes or no?

"only Jim is"

Not remotely true. Tens of millions of people see it. We call them "conservatives". And at least one truly great, brave liberal, the late great Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan of the state of NY, who warned 40 years ago that liberal welfare was going to destroy the black nuclear family, therefore destroy the entire black culture. He was crucified for what he said. And he was 100% correct.

We got off topic. Which is the intent of lobbing nonsensical charges of racism...
Old 09-25-2017, 08:22 AM   #7
PaulS

Quote:
"Are you denying that his campaign had no undercurrents dealing w/race? "

No, I cannot deny that, because anytime a prominent liberal gets involved with a political issue (or an election), you can be assured that race will be a major topic for them. So it is the liberals who made Trump blow the racist whistleYou couldn't get more than a couple of comments about this NFL issue without bringing charges of racism, so thanks for proving my point. If you don't think Trump did this bc it was primarily black players you are stupid (and I don't think you are).

"Maybe you can post something up about Berkley - you haven't done that it what 2 weeks?"

Oh I'm obsessed with BerkleyAnd whiney college students that you think are liberal. how many times have you brought that up (and in posts that had nothing to do w/that). Why bring up Ben Shapiro in a thread about Trump working w/the Dems. on a spending cap? So it is not ok when you think someone does something, yet it is ok when you just did the exact same thing you are complaining you think the other person did? What is that word I am thinking of to descrbe that? Hmm. . I've made, what, 2 or 3 posts in the past year about the riots and damage done there? Yeah that's me, always getting worked up about silly little things like violent mobs who destroy neighborhoods to keep people from speaking. All in the name of anti-fascism. You can't make that up.

"the Dems keep blacks down by using welfare. "

You pay people to have kids out of wedlock, guess what happens?

"Too bad they aren't smart enough to realize that "

Paul, I often wonder, are liberals too blind to see the damage they are doing to the cities, or is that their intended plan? I don't know the answer, I can't see in people's hearts. All I know, is that urban liberalism has been a disaster for blacks. Do you disagree? Can you answer that question, Paul? Has liberalism worked in our urban cities for the last generation, yes or no?
And conservatism has been a great thing for the poor (of which blacks have a lower # but a higher %. Look at the repeal of Obamacare and the Trump budget - hurts poor while giving a tax break to the rich.
"only Jim is"

Not remotely true. Tens of millions of people see it. We call them "conservatives". And at least one truly great, brave liberal, the late great Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan of the state of NY, who warned 40 years ago that liberal welfare was going to destroy the black nuclear family, therefore destroy the entire black culture. He was crucified for what he said. And he was 100% correct.

We got off topic. Which is the intent of lobbing nonsensical charges of racism...
Not off topic bc to many players it was an issue of race - (unless you're blind to it).

Last edited by PaulS; 09-25-2017 at 08:32 AM..