Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-25-2018, 09:18 PM   #1
zimmy

Conrad Twitty

Sorry, that's Comrade Tweety:

CNN reporter Kaitlan Collins asked President Donald Trump questions he didn’t like. So the White House barred her from attending his Rose Garden press availability Wednesday afternoon.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/cnn-re...tions-to-trump

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:57 PM   #2
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
Sorry, that's Comrade Tweety:

CNN reporter Kaitlan Collins asked President Donald Trump questions he didn’t like. So the White House barred her from attending his Rose Garden press availability Wednesday afternoon.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/cnn-re...tions-to-trump
Collins said it “didn’t matter to her because she hadn’t planned to be there anyway.”
Old 07-25-2018, 10:14 PM   #3
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Collins said it “didn’t matter to her because she hadn’t planned to be there anyway.”
Oh, it's ok then.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Old 07-25-2018, 11:50 PM   #4
detbuch

Quote:
Oh, it's ok then.
The two questions Collins asked had nothing to do with the venue. And they were, to me, unimportant. She would have to ask Putin about why he would or wouldn't do something. And whether Trump thought Cohen betrayed him or not amounted, to me, to nothing more than tabloid chit chat. I don't know what's so important about knowing what Trump thought about whether Cohen betrayed him.

The questions appear to me to be more about embarrassing Trump rather than finding out something important or relevant. And the whole Cohen thing is a who cares. Apparently you and a whole lot of folks care about revealing Trump's private sex life. After what we've been through with Bill Clinton's escapades, and how they really didn't matter, I'm inured to such stuff.

But, if it's important to you, I don't object if you get your panties all up in a bunch about it.

So, yeah, it's OK.
Old 07-26-2018, 06:38 AM   #5
Jim in CT

i know the left doesn’t like it when people respond this way, but obama tried to exile fox news a couple of times. did you post here about how petty that was? i missed it if you did.

i agree it’s petty and juvenile. what i don’t get, is why it’s worse when trump does it, than it is when obama does it. can you explain that? i’d appreciate it.
Old 07-26-2018, 06:39 AM   #6
Jim in CT

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote...6156794&page=1
Old 07-26-2018, 06:52 AM   #7
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i know the left doesn’t like it when people respond this way, but obama tried to exile fox news a couple of times. did you post here about how petty that was? i missed it if you did.

i agree it’s petty and juvenile. what i don’t get, is why it’s worse when trump does it, than it is when obama does it. can you explain that? i’d appreciate it.
And I know the right tries to make an equivalency bt when Clinton or Obama do something 1 time and when Trump does it hundreds or times. (I'll let you in on a secret that you don't seem to understand - there is no equivalency no matter how many times you post that Clinton called Repub. deplorables - even though she apologized or when Obama said Repubs. have to stop hating).

And Collins was banned from an open event - not told she had to give up her spot on an airplane to be replaced by someone else like your example.

Trump is becoming more and more unhinged and petty. The amount of lies he tells on a day to day basis has been increasing.

Last edited by PaulS; 07-26-2018 at 07:21 AM..
Old 07-26-2018, 08:26 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
And I know the right tries to make an equivalency bt when Clinton or Obama do something 1 time and when Trump does it hundreds or times. (I'll let you in on a secret that you don't seem to understand - there is no equivalency no matter how many times you post that Clinton called Repub. deplorables - even though she apologized or when Obama said Repubs. have to stop hating).

And Collins was banned from an open event - not told she had to give up her spot on an airplane to be replaced by someone else like your example.

Trump is becoming more and more unhinged and petty. The amount of lies he tells on a day to day basis has been increasing.
"bt when Clinton or Obama do something 1 time "

Not one time...

https://townhall.com/columnists/cale...-news-n2270406
Old 07-26-2018, 08:39 AM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Clinton called Repub. deplorables - even though she apologized or when Obama said Repubs. have to stop hating).

Why not?

Just because your side would look bad if there was an equivalence, that's not evidence that there's not an equivalence.

In Clinton's case, it was a prepared, scripted comment. Who gives a damn that she apologized? It's clearly what she feels. It's no skin off my nose, I don't especially care what a corrupt loser thinks of people on my side of the aisle. I just think it's amusing that liberals get a pass for spewing hate, but conservatives get called hateful for spewing hate.

That hypocrisy, is a big reason why Hilary lost. Many people had enough.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:42 AM   #10
PaulS

Most of what was said in that article are Obama's opinions or complaints - not facts (or lies).

So again, there is no equivalency bt Trump's multiple daily lies/etc. and any other politician (of either party).
Old 07-26-2018, 08:51 AM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Most of what was said in that article are Obama's opinions or complaints - not facts (or lies).

So again, there is no equivalency bt Trump's multiple daily lies/etc. and any other politician (of either party).
"Most of what was said in that article are Obama's opinions or complaints"

True. And Trump has been criticized (fairly, in my opinion) for repeatedly expressing his negative opinions about CNN. Again, the hypocrisy.

Here's the difference as your side sees it. Conservatives are all the things Hilary said we are - angry, racist, Neanderthals. Therefore, it's acceptable, even noble, to bash us. So it's not hate speech when it's directed at the right.
Old 07-26-2018, 09:16 AM   #12
scottw

Quote:

that's an opinion or complaint
Old 07-26-2018, 09:17 AM   #13
scottw

Quote:

Trump is becoming more and more unhinged and petty. .
he's not the only one...
Old 07-26-2018, 09:28 AM   #14
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
he's not the only one...

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 07-26-2018, 09:58 AM   #15
wdmso

They the right and Trump supporters refuse to see a pattern of behavior from Trump from this topic to attacking the FBI CIA Attacking The media in general Treating to remove security clearances , no longer releasing phone transcripts .. lying about paying people off Russia calling 25 indictments a which hunt or poor Treatment of immigrants ... and more

And their response is unison like Parrots.. but but but Obama or Clinton or Benghazi or uranium 1 now Twitter shadowing ( all debunked 1000 times over ) zero indictments .....

I have said it before theses issues involving Trump are not made up or OMG he wore a Brown suit or he had his feet on the oval office desk moments ....

These are actual quantifiable actions and policy's and thoughts based on Facts supported by written words ,video , audio .... they cant be wished away by closing your eyes or just them or calling them partisan attacks ..

But what scares me the most is Many people who consider themselves Patriots don't have a problem with any of it ..
Old 07-26-2018, 09:59 AM   #16
PaulS

Quote:
he's not the only one...
Do you still have any of those pictures you used to post of Obama in his mom jeans?
Old 07-26-2018, 10:21 AM   #17
zimmy

Buch: I don't care about his sex life. The question asked is irrelevant. Though the questions were about Putin be and a recording about hush payments during the campaign. His media is the enemy of the people is terribly dangerous and unprecedented in a free society. it didn't matter since she wasn't going anyway, right?

Jim: you are correct, I did not post about a candidate and his plane with limited seats. You might not see the disconnect between the two situations, but...
Saying Fox news is destructive and every other quote in the link you posted have no equivalency to this.
Old 07-26-2018, 10:22 AM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
the right and Trump supporters refuse to see a pattern of behavior from Trump from this topic to attacking the FBI CIA Attacking The media in general ..
Who are you referring to, exactly? Please tell me, who is denying that Trump routinely attacks the media? Not me, not only did I concede that, I said he deserves to be criticized for it.

"issues involving Trump are not made up "

I don't think they are made up either. As I have said, I agree with much of the criticism. I just wish you could also admit when he does good things, because you can't.

"but but but Obama or Clinton "

Here's the thing...if you don't want to get called out for obvious hypocrisy, don't engage in obvious hypocrisy.

I concede that Trump is a low life. You are the one denying reality. You deny he's doing some good things, and you deny that he gets called out for doing things that Obama did without criticism.
Old 07-26-2018, 10:34 AM   #19
detbuch

Quote:
They the right and Trump supporters refuse to see a pattern of behavior from Trump from this topic to attacking the FBI CIA

The "left" used to see destructive patterns of behavior by the FBI and CIA. But now, when they're showing some outlandish patterns of behavior in order to remove Trump, all is pure and just.

Attacking The media in general

No, just the fake media.

Treating to remove security clearances ,

Those whose behavior does not comport with their agency codes, should have their security clearances revoked.

no longer releasing phone transcripts ..

Big deal. I find it more disturbing that transcripts requested by Congress from aforesaid agencies are being stonewalled, not released, or so heavily redacted that critical information cannot be seen.

lying about paying people off

Yeah, I recall you defending Hillary for covering up her husbands lying and philandering. Yeah, that's a whataboutism. And it's true. People in power, most of them, lie to save face. It was OK for others. Not for Trump. Get over it.

Russia calling 25 indictments a which hunt or poor Treatment of immigrants ...

The indictments were optic BS for public consumption. There was never any chance the Russians could be prosecuted. The first 13 Russians called Mueller's bluff and actually volunteered to go to trial--Mueller let that go, he had nothing. The next twelve, as Mueller knew that he didn't have the power to prosecute or convict them of anything, were again optics--this time to make it appear to the US public that by not showing up they had something to hide that would reflect on Trump. But this time Putin called Mueller's bluff by agreeing to letting the 12 be interrogated if the Russians could interrogate a couple of Americans who they had accused of crimes against Russia.

or poor Treatment of immigrants and more

More BS, as in the photo of "undocumented" children under blankets in a cage--those were photos taken during the Obama administration. The whole issue was a law that pre-existed Trump.

And their response is unison like Parrots.. but but but Obama or Clinton or Benghazi or uranium 1 now Twitter shadowing ( all debunked 1000 times over ) zero indictments .....

Not debunked. Besides, those are whataboutisms, which you don't approve of. What indictments that actually relate to Trump colluding with the Russians?

I have said it before theses issues involving Trump are not made up or OMG he wore a Brown suit or he had his feet on the oval office desk moments ....

These are actual quantifiable actions and policy's and thoughts based on Facts supported by written words ,video , audio .... they cant be wished away by closing your eyes or just them or calling them partisan attacks ..

Actually, they are spin or irrelevant, and can be called partisan attacks.

But what scares me the most is Many people who consider themselves Patriots don't have a problem with any of it ..
See, it is you that is scared.
Old 07-26-2018, 11:03 AM   #20
scottw

Quote:
Do you still have any of those pictures you used to post of Obama in his mom jeans?
the one on the goofy bicycle with the helmet and elbow pads?...that wasn't "unhinged or petty"...that was freakin' hilarious...show me a pic of Trump on a bicycle in mom jeans and a helmet and I'll laugh pretty hard at that too.....
Old 07-26-2018, 11:06 AM   #21
Pete F.
Canceled

They the right and Trump supporters refuse to see a pattern of behavior from Trump from this topic to attacking the FBI CIA

The "left" used to see destructive patterns of behavior by the FBI and CIA. But now, when they're showing some outlandish patterns of behavior in order to remove Trump, all is pure and just.

Attacking The media in general

No, just the fake media. But not State news AKA Fox

Treating to remove security clearances ,

Those whose behavior does not comport with their agency codes, should have their security clearances revoked.
If it was not a political move, why announce it in a tweet, especially since two of the people no longer had clearances anyways

no longer releasing phone transcripts ..

Big deal. I find it more disturbing that transcripts requested by Congress from aforesaid agencies are being stonewalled, not released, or so heavily redacted that critical information cannot be seen.
Is it an issue that Mike Pompeo stonewalled etc. Congress on his discussions re Putin with Trump, I think both issues are very similar and Congress needs to do it's own work.

lying about paying people off

Yeah, I recall you defending Hillary for covering up her husbands lying and philandering. Yeah, that's a whataboutism. And it's true. People in power, most of them, lie to save face. It was OK for others. Not for Trump. Get over it.
Quantity counts

Russia calling 25 indictments a which hunt or poor Treatment of immigrants ...

The indictments were optic BS for public consumption. There was never any chance the Russians could be prosecuted. The first 13 Russians called Mueller's bluff and actually volunteered to go to trial--Mueller let that go, he had nothing. The next twelve, as Mueller knew that he didn't have the power to prosecute or convict them of anything, were again optics--this time to make it appear to the US public that by not showing up they had something to hide that would reflect on Trump. But this time Putin called Mueller's bluff by agreeing to letting the 12 be interrogated if the Russians could interrogate a couple of Americans who they had accused of crimes against Russia.
The indicted are not all Russians. There are also some convictions. The investigations not over, why does everyone, including Trump, assume that they will find something to connect the campaign to Russia, time will tell

or poor Treatment of immigrants and more

More BS, as in the photo of "undocumented" children under blankets in a cage--those were photos taken during the Obama administration. The whole issue was a law that pre-existed Trump.
Have all the children been reunited with their parents yet, reports that I have heard are that they have not and some may never be. Is that acceptable?

Not debunked. Besides, those are whataboutisms, which you don't approve of. What indictments that actually relate to Trump colluding with the Russians?
Yes they have all been debunked, lets see where the investigation leads on this one, it is currently much shorter than Benghazi

Actually, they are spin or irrelevant, and can be called partisan attacks.
If they are irrelevant then why do you care, in other cases they are unspinning false information provided by the WH
Every Administration spins things to fit their narrative but understands the ramifications if they get caught and deals with them.
This administration just insists that they are correct almost no matter what happens

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-26-2018, 12:43 PM   #22
wdmso

Republicans launch bid to impeach US deputy attorney general shocking
Old 07-26-2018, 01:01 PM   #23
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
See, it is you that is scared.
The fake media is the crap the Russians put on the social media pages of the righties, . Nbc, CBS, abc, and affiliates, nyt, Washington Post, etc. aren't fake news, that is propaganda from a wannabe dictator. Scary how many of you are influenced by him.

Old 07-26-2018, 01:12 PM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
The fake media is the crap the Russians put on the social media pages of the righties, . Nbc, CBS, abc, and affiliates, nyt, Washington Post, etc. aren't fake news, that is propaganda from a wannabe dictator. Scary how many of you are influenced by him.
You didn't mention CNN or MSNBC in your list, but even they aren't "fake news", but they are ideological networks with a very clear bias. As is Foxnews.

Again, I posted an article highlighting some of the many cases where Obama called out Foxnews as distorting the truth to turn voters against him. How is that different from what Trump does with CNN?
Old 07-26-2018, 01:29 PM   #25
spence

Quote:
Again, I posted an article highlighting some of the many cases where Obama called out Foxnews as distorting the truth to turn voters against him. How is that different from what Trump does with CNN?
Because Fox often just makes stuff up, pushes conspiracy theories, intentionally misleads etc...CNN might have some bias in what they decide to cover but they still follow journalistic standards.

Also, Trump's attacks against the media are 10,000X+ anything Obama ever did.
Old 07-26-2018, 01:40 PM   #26
PaulS

Quote:
the one on the goofy bicycle with the helmet and elbow pads?...that wasn't "unhinged or petty"...that was freakin' hilarious...show me a pic of Trump on a bicycle in mom jeans and a helmet and I'll laugh pretty hard at that too.....
Funny, but petty. How about the ones you used to post w/Obama's brown suit or his feet up on the desk?
Old 07-26-2018, 01:41 PM   #27
PaulS

Quote:
Scary how many of you are influenced by him.
Fifth ave Republicans.
Old 07-26-2018, 01:56 PM   #28
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Because Fox often just makes stuff up, pushes conspiracy theories, intentionally misleads etc...CNN might have some bias in what they decide to cover but they still follow journalistic standards.

Also, Trump's attacks against the media are 10,000X+ anything Obama ever did.
"CNN might have some bias in what they decide to cover "

Might? That's big of you to admit...
Old 07-26-2018, 02:39 PM   #29
wdmso

Quote:
Who are you referring to, exactly? Please tell me, who is denying that Trump routinely attacks the media? Not me, not only did I concede that, I said he deserves to be criticized for it.

"issues involving Trump are not made up "

I don't think they are made up either. As I have said, I agree with much of the criticism. I just wish you could also admit when he does good things, because you can't.

"but but but Obama or Clinton "

Here's the thing...if you don't want to get called out for obvious hypocrisy, don't engage in obvious hypocrisy.

I concede that Trump is a low life. You are the one denying reality. You deny he's doing some good things, and you deny that he gets called out for doing things that Obama did without criticism.

Jim I will refer to you directly as I hope you would to Me on a comment or issue if i think thats where you stand

I was speaking about a bigger National comments : not just here...
look at some directed at Bret Baier who defended the CNN reporter or some of the other FOX hosts Shepard Smith or Neil Cavuto the comments towards theses people from the Trump Faithful are amazing just look at breitbart or OAN ... their is a huge segment of the right willing to walk down a dangerous road in the name Trump ....
Old 07-26-2018, 03:13 PM   #30
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Might? That's big of you to admit...
Baby Steps

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."