Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-14-2021, 07:30 AM   #121
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Silly troll, the difference is Trump never fulfilled the office of President. He couldn't take in the data, do the analysis, or lean on the experience & expertise around him to make the decisions required by the office.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
yet pre-covid...things were pretty good
Old 09-14-2021, 07:46 AM   #122
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Till his first problem

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-15-2021, 07:32 AM   #123
scottw

Quote:

Silly troll,

it's amusing when you refer to others as trolls
Old 09-15-2021, 10:44 AM   #124
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
post covid, things were also pretty good. Gallup does a poll every 4 years during presidential election years, asking people if they’re better off than 4 years ago.

When Gallup did that poll late in 2020, a record number of americans said they were better off than 4 years ago. Even during a pandemic, a record number of americans said they were better off than under Obama.

Have fun asking a liberal to comment on that. i’ve tried.

America liked his policies, but more than that, they disliked his disgusting antics.

That’s why Desantis terrifies them. He’s Trump without the easily attack-able moral flaws.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...amp/4747228002

Old 09-15-2021, 12:18 PM   #125
Pete F.
Canceled

Sure Jim, but the poll that counts was conducted in the election.
It seems honesty and morals count more to others than to you.

Most Americans are not impressed by the Lardfather.

As far as your latest mini-Trump goes if only someone had warned the world about DeSantis 18 months ago.

COVID-19 death reporting by FL-DOH continues to confound reporters and scientists. There are 3 ways to calculate FL death and we explain the differences in this blog post:
https://covid19odds.com/covid-19-rep...an-fl-and-cdc/

Newsom should send fruit-baskets to Abbott & DeSantis.
Californians decided they rather live w/high taxes, high incomes, the seventh biggest GDP in the world and a guy who eats at The French Laundry, than under mini-Trump’s, exploiting COVID and controlling women’s uteruses.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-15-2021, 01:19 PM   #126
Jim in CT

Quote:
Sure Jim, but the poll that counts was conducted in the election.
It seems honesty and morals count more to others than to you.

Most Americans are not impressed by the Lardfather.

As far as your latest mini-Trump goes if only someone had warned the world about DeSantis 18 months ago.

COVID-19 death reporting by FL-DOH continues to confound reporters and scientists. There are 3 ways to calculate FL death and we explain the differences in this blog post:
https://covid19odds.com/covid-19-rep...an-fl-and-cdc/

Newsom should send fruit-baskets to Abbott & DeSantis.
Californians decided they rather live w/high taxes, high incomes, the seventh biggest GDP in the world and a guy who eats at The French Laundry, than under mini-Trump’s, exploiting COVID and controlling women’s uteruses.
"the poll that counts was conducted in the election."

Um, yes I know. My point (sorry that it went over your head) is that a conservative who would govern like Trump did, but who isn't a lunatic, would be much more formidable of an opponent, which is why your side calls Governor Desantis "Governor Death Sentence" despite the fact that his death rates are lower than those in NY, which was led by the guy you all said was the gold standard.

"It seems honesty and morals count more to others than to you."

Like you? Ive said 100 times that Trump is disgusting. Not one of the lefties here, condemned eggs getting thrown at Larry Elder. So which one of us can put politics aside to say what's wrong, and which one of us cannot? I don't need lessons from anyone here who goes after someone elses daughters, so spare me your fake concern about morals.

"Most Americans are not impressed by the Lardfather."

I don't know who you mean, but your concern for honesty and morals seems to come and go, doesn't it?

"if only someone had warned the world about DeSantis 18 months ago."

Yes, why would anyone want to learn lessons from a state that stayed open, a state whose kids stayed in school, yet a state which has a death rate lower than many liberal states that closed down and shuttered schools, despite that state having a massive elderly population. A state with a booming economy despite low taxes, a state that tons of people and businesses are fleeing to, a state not experiencing a huge spike in violent crime (like blue state are experiencing). God forbid we have more of that!

What terrific arguments you're making. Please tell us more!
Old 09-15-2021, 02:39 PM   #127
Pete F.
Canceled

Feds say they have surveillance video from TWO local hotels in the accused Jan 6 OathKeepers conspiracy case among their evidence

Note some conspirators are accused of staging firearms at hotel in Ballston, Va as part of "Quick Reaction Force"
Old 09-15-2021, 03:33 PM   #128
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Like you? Ive said 100 times that Trump is disgusting. Not one of the lefties here, condemned eggs getting thrown at Larry Elder. So which one of us can put politics aside to say what's wrong, and which one of us cannot? I don't need lessons from anyone here who goes after someone elses daughters, so spare me your fake concern about morals.
Well, I said she's a kook so I'm glad you're not associating me with the lefties.

Quote:
Yes, why would anyone want to learn lessons from a state that stayed open, a state whose kids stayed in school, yet a state which has a death rate lower than many liberal states that closed down and shuttered schools, despite that state having a massive elderly population. A state with a booming economy despite low taxes, a state that tons of people and businesses are fleeing to, a state not experiencing a huge spike in violent crime (like blue state are experiencing). God forbid we have more of that!
Jim, Florida went to distance learning during Covid.

Jim, Covid is ravaging red states much more than blue right now.

Jim, the Florida economy is growing because of Baby Boomer relocation.

Jim, aside from IL and MD the worst states for violent crime are in the South.

You're speaking out of your a$$.
Old 09-15-2021, 03:38 PM   #129
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"the poll that counts was conducted in the election."

Um, yes I know. My point (sorry that it went over your head) is that a conservative who would govern like Trump did, but who isn't a lunatic, would be much more formidable of an opponent, which is why your side calls Governor Desantis "Governor Death Sentence" despite the fact that his death rates are lower than those in NY, which was led by the guy you all said was the gold standard.

Only a lunatic would ignore a pandemic and it's interesting that you cite Cuomo, the other governor to falsify Covid data and then claim some baloney. Death Sentence won by less people than died in Florida of Covid

"It seems honesty and morals count more to others than to you."

Like you? Ive said 100 times that Trump is disgusting. (you found his honesty and morals acceptable, said you would have no problem working for him) Not one of the lefties here, condemned eggs getting thrown at Larry Elder. So which one of us can put politics aside to say what's wrong, and which one of us cannot? I don't need lessons from anyone here who goes after someone elses daughters, so spare me your fake concern about morals. Once again you play your games, go back and look. I can go back for you if you want

"Most Americans are not impressed by the Lardfather."

I don't know who you mean, but your concern for honesty and morals seems to come and go, doesn't it? Sure you don't, TFG's approval rating is still the same

"if only someone had warned the world about DeSantis 18 months ago."

Yes, why would anyone want to learn lessons from a state that stayed open (Come relax, no Need to vax), a state whose kids stayed in school(School districts in Florida have mandated that masks be worn in schools, defying orders from their Republican state governors that ban districts from imposing such rules. The administration of Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has threatened to withhold funding from districts that impose mask requirements), yet a state which has a death rate lower than many liberal states that closed down and shuttered schools (Only lower than the several high density states that were hit early, don't worry DeSantis is well on his way to catching up), despite that state having a massive elderly population. A state with a booming economy despite low taxes (40th in GDP per capita and the same growth as California) , a state that tons of people and businesses are fleeing to(Thanks to hurricanes, heat and red-hot home prices, the state’s population growth hit its lowest rate since 2014 during the pandemic), a state not experiencing a huge spike in violent crime (like blue state are experiencing)(Tampa Bay Times headline Murder, violent crime spike in Florida). God forbid we have more of that!

What terrific arguments you're making. Please tell us more!
See above

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-15-2021, 04:58 PM   #130
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Well, I said she's a kook so I'm glad you're not associating me with the lefties.

Jim, Florida went to distance learning during Covid.

Jim, Covid is ravaging red states much more than blue right now.

Jim, aside from IL and MD the worst states for violent crime are in the South.

Yes FL schools closed for awhile. they opened back up WAY before lost other states. i’m sorry if you don’t happen to like that fact.

FL has had some terrible weeks. what matters more, inception to date death rates, or last weeks death rates? FL has to be awesome every single week? If FLs inception to death rates put it in the top 3 or top 5, i’ll be the first one to criticize.

“”The FL economy is booming because of boomer relocation.”

that used to be true, the vast majority of FL transplants were retirees. not anymore. sorry.
Old 09-15-2021, 05:09 PM   #131
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

i asked you this before, and you ran away. why aren’t seniors retiring to sunny california?

Retirees are great residents to have. they pay taxes, and don’t have kids in public school, which is any towns biggest expense. Retirees are therefore a gold mine.

Therefore, making your state attractive to retirees, is a sign of effective leadership, isn’t? Similarly, making your state an impossible
place for retirees indicates lousy leadership.

Old 09-15-2021, 05:26 PM   #132
Jim in CT

Spence-

reported by the right wing nuts at Vox, a study on the impact of voter is laws done by the right wing nuts at Yale, Stanford, and UPenn….found little
impact of voter id laws.

i want open and fair elections. show me that ids are more cumbersome for
blacks ( forced to walk up more
flights of stairs, longer lines, etc) and i’ll be on board.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox...oter-id-racism
Old 09-15-2021, 07:59 PM   #133
Pete F.
Canceled

All the people I know that claimed Florida as their residence, did it for one or both of two reasons
It’s warm
There’s no income tax
They’re not there for the opportunity
Old 09-16-2021, 08:50 AM   #134
Jim in CT

Quote:
All the people I know that claimed Florida as their residence, did it for one or both of two reasons
It’s warm
There’s no income tax
(1) California is also warm. Why aren’t they moving there.

(2) if having low taxes attracts more residents, then isn’t it a sign of effective leadership when a state can manage to not have an income tax, yet offer enough services to make people want to live there?

(3) “the people you know” aren’t a meaningful sample, sorry. I know retirees who have moved there for the weather, and i know younger white collar workers who lived there for the opportunity to have a similar ( if not better) quality of life at a far lower cost.
Old 09-16-2021, 09:17 AM   #135
Jim in CT

Quote:
It’s warm
There’s no income tax
For your much-needed education.

Businesses, including Goldman Sachs ( ever herd of them, Pete?) are setting up a presence in Florida.

Just because you don’t personally know someone who experiences something ( or more likely, you do know someone who moved there but can’t admit it for political reasons), doesn’t mean that experience isnt taking place.

I don’t know anyone who plays for the New York Yankees, that doesn’t mean I can say that there’s no such team.

https://www.bipc.com/4-reasons-why-b...ing-to-florida
Old 09-16-2021, 10:11 AM   #136
Pete F.
Canceled

Poor little man
Everyone knows
https://www.google.com/search?q=why+...obile&ie=UTF-8
Old 09-16-2021, 10:22 AM   #137
Jim in CT

Quote:
Poor little man
Everyone knows
https://www.google.com/search?q=why+...obile&ie=UTF-8
so one guy you like, doesn’t like FL, and that negates all the positive statistics about FL.

Hard to imagine why so many block you.
Old 09-16-2021, 10:36 AM   #138
Pete F.
Canceled

How's life in your cubicle

Lets Go Darwin