Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 01-15-2006, 03:15 PM   #1
Slipknot
Super Moderator

WOW!

Look at those Steelers
I like it
Peyton is gonna want one of those crying towels

I hope their defense can hold Indy,

maybe the Pats took the wrong route

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 03:43 PM   #2
Hooper
Southsider

Slip-

I feel the same way! All morning I've felt crumby 'cuz of the beating the Pats took last night....

But watching the Colts lose at home, heck, that would brighten my day a bit :-)
Hooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 03:44 PM   #3
fishsmith
DDG-51

I'm NO Steelers fan, but I'll root for an outdoor team over a dome team any day of the week.
Back to back, going for it on 4th down and getting it. Deflating the Colts even more. Mrs. Harper must be a closet Steelers fan
fishsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 06:05 PM   #4
Slipknot
Super Moderator

That was close, came down to the last minute

I was in the car when they called back the touchdown on that INT, what another bogus call(earlier the non call on pass interference by indy was another pathetic ref move this weekend) I watched the rest on a TV at BJ's. I thought Bettis blew after the defense came up huge for Pittsburgh, but it turns out Vandershank blew it

Congrats Vectorfisher on your teams' win today.
Shanahan's Broncos will be ready for you in Denver next week good luck
Old 01-15-2006, 06:13 PM   #5
Vectorfisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot
That was close, came down to the last minute

I was in the car when they called back the touchdown on that INT, what another bogus call(earlier the non call on pass interference by indy was another pathetic ref move this weekend) I watched the rest on a TV at BJ's. I thought Bettis blew after the defense came up huge for Pittsburgh, but it turns out Vandershank blew it

Congrats Vectorfisher on your teams' win today.
Shanahan's Broncos will be ready for you in Denver next week good luck
Yep it will take our A++ game to win in Denver
Vectorfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 06:23 PM   #6
Slipknot
Super Moderator

The first #6 seed team to make it to the AFC championship game
sounds like what the pats went thru the year we had to go up against the bears
Old 01-16-2006, 07:06 AM   #7
Hooper
Southsider

Should be a great AFC Championship game though, two gritty, down and dirty outdoor teams. It will be fun to watch.

And yeah, I was happy to see Peyton's Colts go down again. Everyone in the world had them booked in Detroit, I'm glad to see the result. Although, I feel badly for Tiny Dungy who is truly a great man, I can't help it, I love to see that pout on Manning's face each January!
Old 01-16-2006, 09:05 AM   #8
lurch
You rang?

What a choke by the colts.

It is funny...they said that if they got home field advantage it would be different and with the Pats out of the way there was no stopping the indy express.....HA HA HA HA !!!

It just goes to show that how overrated Indy is they cant win a big game during the playoffs plain and simple..

They did not adjust to the blitzing by the steelers....you got to hand it to Pitt they played a great game. I woulder if Indy made adjustments what would Pitt do?? This game looked just like every game that Indy lost in the playoffs, not enough run and too much pass....maybe it is Manning who is the problem.

HA HA HA HA HA !!!!

I was ready to hang up the football for the season but because Indy is out I will be supporting the Steelers as I would like to see Bettis, ward and Palomalu get a ring.....although Carolina looks very tough!!

Gonna be a good superbowl this year!
lurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 06:13 PM   #9
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
[QUOTE=lurch]What a choke by the colts.

How is it the the Colts choked by loosing ,
But the Pats the way they played with Brady throwing a few ints, Adam missing a field goal, Brown muffing a punt, fumbles made in the game and no one says they choked ???

LETS GO BRANDON
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 07:23 PM   #10
New_Caster

[QUOTE=Raider Ronnie]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurch

But the Pats the way they played with Brady throwing a few ints, Adam missing a field goal, Brown muffing a punt, fumbles made in the game and no one says they choked ???

because everyone is due a bad game or 2 but Payten (SP) has made a career of it. In the end Denver beat the Patriots in a good game were they outplayed the patriots in 2 phases of the game. while Pitsburg dismantled the Colts almost from the kickoff and it was only close because of luck.
New_Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 07:34 PM   #11
Vectorfisher

[QUOTE=New_Caster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie

because everyone is due a bad game or 2 but Payten (SP) has made a career of it. In the end Denver beat the Patriots in a good game were they outplayed the patriots in 2 phases of the game. while Pitsburg dismantled the Colts almost from the kickoff and it was only close because of luck.

I have to disagree! The Pats straight up imploded Saturday that was chokefest 06 right there. I see the NFL made a statement today about that wonderful call the ref made yesterday, can you imagine if the Colts went on to win that game? I think the ref's would need kevlar vests on the field every game.
Vectorfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 07:55 PM   #12
MoroneSaxatilis
googan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectorfisher
I have to disagree! The Pats straight up imploded Saturday that was chokefest 06 right there.
Bingo

And I'm a HUGE Pats fan and was one of the first to give VF grief in his "Steelers Gelling" thread.

Oh... umm... *ahem*
Congrats (begrudgingly) on your team's win, VF

MoroneSaxatilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 01:30 AM   #13
lurch
You rang?

[QUOTE=Raider Ronnie]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurch

I agree the Pats choked but for the pats to win they had to have a perfect game ON THE ROAD. The colts choked because they were at home and were HEAVY favorites at home. For a team to win on the road against the #1 seed is very tough to do (and the stats prove it)...so if a team fails to win as a #1 seed it is a choke. The pats and Indy are two different issues, the pats had a much higher chance of losing than the colts did.
lurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 06:25 AM   #14
Hooper
Southsider

Well said, Lurch

And let's look ahead to next year.... picture this, Colts v. Pats in the AFC Championship Game, who ya like? For that matter, Colts v. Anyone in the playoffs, who ya like??!!

The Colts are damaged goods, period, end of story. The Pats are the first dynasty of the next era, and it ain't over yet.