Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-14-2022, 12:52 PM   #121
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Wonder why Russia wants to invade.

How the independent, sovereign, democratic nation of Ukraine ranks:
1st in Europe in proven recoverable reserves of uranium ores;
2nd place in Europe and 10th place in the world in terms of titanium ore reserves;
2nd place in the world in terms of explored reserves of manganese ores (2.3 billion tons, or 12% of the world's reserves);
2nd largest iron ore reserves in the world (30 billion tons);
2nd place in Europe in terms of mercury ore reserves;
3rd place in Europe (13th place in the world) in shale gas reserves (22 trillion cubic meters)
4th in the world by the total value of natural resources;
7th place in the world in coal reserves (33.9 billion tons)
Ukraine is an agricultural country:
1st in Europe in terms of arable land area;
3rd place in the world by the area of black soil (25% of world's volume);
1st place in the world in exports of sunflower and sunflower oil;
2nd place in the world in barley production and 4th place in barley exports;
3rd largest producer and 4th largest exporter of corn in the world;
4th largest producer of potatoes in the world;
5th largest rye producer in the world;
5th place in the world in bee production (75,000 tons);
8th place in the world in wheat exports;
9th place in the world in the production of chicken eggs;
16th place in the world in cheese exports.
Ukraine can meet the food needs of 600 million people.
Ukraine is an industrialized country:
1st in Europe in ammonia production;
2-е Europe's and 4th largest natural gas pipeline system in the world (142.5 bln cubic meters of gas throughput capacity in the EU);
3rd largest in Europe and 8th largest in the world in terms of installed capacity of nuclear power plants;
3rd place in Europe and 11th in the world in terms of rail network length (21,700 km);
3rd place in the world (after the U.S. and France) in production of locators and locating equipment;
3rd largest iron exporter in the world
4th largest exporter of turbines for nuclear power plants in the world;
4th world's largest manufacturer of rocket launchers;
4th place in the world in clay exports
4th place in the world in titanium exports
8th place in the world in exports of ores and concentrates;
9th place in the world in exports of defence industry products;
10th largest steel producer in the world (32.4 million tons).
Wow. Quite a list... Not doubting, but do you have a source? I want to use but will likely be asked to back it up.... Thanks, Bob

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 02-14-2022, 01:18 PM   #122
Pete F.
Canceled

We pledged security in exchange for Ukraine giving up the nukes within its borders after the USSR fell.
Ukraine supported the US by rotating a couple thousand troops through Iraq over several years, with about 20 KIA.
They’re TRYING to grow a Democracy.
Not perfectly but far better than Putin
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 02-14-2022, 02:04 PM   #123
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Wow. Quite a list... Not doubting, but do you have a source? I want to use but will likely be asked to back it up.... Thanks, Bob

Source: Andriy Futey
Ukrainian Congress Committee of America Ukrainian World Congress - Свiтовий Конґрес Українців
Old 02-18-2022, 08:54 AM   #124
wdmso

"Just because there's Russian buildup does not mean that we know or that there is a plan to actually invade," "I think this has just been an emotional push by the Americans

Grenell said Thursday during an appearance on Newsmax's "Spicer & Co."

Shocking Trump's Former Acting Director of the United States National Intelligence made those statements its America's Fault
Old 02-18-2022, 05:14 PM   #125
wdmso

Fox News coverage
1) Putin would not do this if Trump was in office . Leaving out who attacked nato and pulled out US troops out of Germany . Because it not crazy to think because Putin Asked

2) the Biden administration is fear mongers

Yep 150 plus thousand or russian troops aircraft and artillery Is some how normal and Biden’s fault

FYI. If Russia invaded at any level you’ll see oil 150 buck a barrel
Old 02-18-2022, 08:26 PM   #126
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Fox News coverage
1) Putin would not do this if Trump was in office .

well, he didn't...soooo
Old 02-18-2022, 08:28 PM   #127
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
well, he didn't...soooo
I’m super excited about the new wave of Trump/Bannon Pro Putin Tankies on the American right.

It will help you see them more clearly and understand exactly what they are now.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-18-2022, 08:28 PM   #128
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I’m super excited about the new wave of Trump/Bannon Pro Putin Tankies on the American right.

It will help you see them more clearly and understand exactly what they are now.
oh definitely...
Old 02-18-2022, 08:39 PM   #129
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
oh definitely...
If Trump was still POTUS Putin would be in Poland by now. His tiny hands are all over this crisis in Ukraine.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-18-2022, 11:26 PM   #130
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
If Trump was still POTUS Putin would be in Poland by now. His tiny hands are all over this crisis in Ukraine.
This is an example of how you see "more clearly and understand exactly"--conjecture, postulation, speculation . . .

So why didn't Putin make it into Poland while Trump was POTUS?
Old 02-19-2022, 06:41 AM   #131
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
This is an example of how you see "more clearly and understand exactly"--conjecture, postulation, speculation . . .

what a great question!
Old 02-19-2022, 08:36 AM   #132
wdmso

Quote:

Because Trump was working on the 1 and 2 on list he gave Trump 3,4,5 and 6 never happened because he wasn't re elected

1) Discrediting NATO Check and 2) Pulling Troops out of Germany check

Former Ambassador to Germany Ric Grenell told Newsmax Friday that the administration of President Joe Biden and the national media are "marching us into war" in Ukraine.

"I'm a diplomat. I'm just sitting here watching in total frustration that we don't have any ambassadors. We don't have people trying to solve this problem diplomatically," Grenell, the former Acting Director of the United States National Intelligence, said

When Donald Trump was president, we didn't have a march towards war. We didn't start any new wars. We brought our troops home.

Conservatives Lie so effortlessly

No other Country Sees what we see in the US ? the US is making it all UP

Next Grenal will be telling us CNN is firing Artillery into Donbas to improve their ratings ..

its odd most fox coverage is with Canada Truckers not Ukraine

Canada protests: Police begin to make arrests at Ottawa protest

Police have also accused protesters of using children as a shield.

even Canadians Can't tolerate them (minority ) and their methods

if you yell freedom while your doing anything in the Conservative world , you're covered

But dont stand for Freedom in Ukraine and against Russia thats war mongering
Old 02-19-2022, 08:41 AM   #133
Pete F.
Canceled

In case you forgot, the guys who are about to invade Ukraine had Trump eating out of their palms right in the Oval Office as he gave them secrets.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...b69_story.html
Old 02-19-2022, 08:54 AM   #134
wdmso

All fear mongering we say he's going in Putin Says he Isn't conservatives believe Putin? or is it Like Trump's attempt to overturn the election We'll they didn't succeed so what's the big Deal

Blinkin “Let me be clear, I am here today not to start a war but to prevent one,” He also said something to the effect if they pull back and dont invade call me a liar I'll take that criticism

funny they yelled rigged election for 3 years and that didn't seem to bother them? But suggesting Russia might invade having 150k troop massed on Ukraine border well that's outrageous
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_123315635_lakedonuzlav_sat_image_9_19feb-nc.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	190.2 KB
ID:	68751  

Last edited by wdmso; 02-19-2022 at 09:06 AM..
Old 02-19-2022, 09:42 AM   #135
Jim in CT

Quote:
All fear mongering we say he's going in Putin Says he Isn't conservatives believe Putin? or is it Like Trump's attempt to overturn the election We'll they didn't succeed so what's the big Deal

Blinkin “Let me be clear, I am here today not to start a war but to prevent one,” He also said something to the effect if they pull back and dont invade call me a liar I'll take that criticism

funny they yelled rigged election for 3 years and that didn't seem to bother them? But suggesting Russia might invade having 150k troop massed on Ukraine border well that's outrageous
who is outraged at the suggestion russia might be getting ready to invade?

maybe you should just
ask republicans what they believe. because whoever is telling you what we believe, is playing a big trick on you.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 02-19-2022 at 09:48 AM..
Old 02-19-2022, 09:45 AM   #136
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

who is outraged

I told you, they just make it up then argue against themselves as if they have a point...it's hilarious
Old 02-19-2022, 09:48 AM   #137
Jim in CT

Quote:
I told you, they just make it up then argue against themselves as if they have a point...it's hilarious
he just thinks if the craziest nonsense he can, and claims
republicans all believe it.

i’ve never heard one person say it’s an outrage to discuss whether or not russia is preparing to invade ( my guess is no, that he’s posturing to get a deal that we don’t put NATO on his doorstep, like we didn’t want russian nukes in cuba). we can disagree about his intentions, we can disagree about whether or not it’s our problem. i don’t know anyone saying it’s an outrage to say he’s preparing to invade.
Old 02-19-2022, 09:51 AM   #138
scottw

democraps are very busy constructing false flag operations everywhere...must be terribly nervous....
Old 02-19-2022, 12:16 PM   #139
wdmso

Quote:
who is outraged at the suggestion russia might be getting ready to invade?

maybe you should just
ask republicans what they believe. because whoever is telling you what we believe, is playing a big trick on you.

Jim being in Denial what a shocker ...

Rep. Scott Perry, R-Pa., told Newsmax on Friday that the crisis over whether Russia will invade Ukraine has been ''created by President Joe Biden.'' Perry attributed Biden's weak leadership

Ric Grenell told Newsmax Friday that the administration of President Joe Biden and the national media are "marching us into war" in Ukraine. (local hero here )

Like I said to the GOP claims it outrageous to suggest the Russian might invade! or they would be supporting the administration in their conclusions

Russia has repeatedly denied having plans to invade, saying troops are conducting military exercises in the region, accusing the West of "hysteria". why does that sound just like the 2 quotes from the GOP Conservatives??
Old 02-19-2022, 12:22 PM   #140
wdmso

Boris Johnson
He said we must be "unflinchingly honest" about the situation in Ukraine and should not "underestimate the gravity of this moment".

Is he in on Bidens "hysteria"
Old 02-19-2022, 12:52 PM   #141
scottw

Quote:

why does that sound just like the 2 quotes from the GOP Conservatives??
it doesn't....
Old 02-19-2022, 02:18 PM   #142
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim being in Denial what a shocker ...

Rep. Scott Perry, R-Pa., told Newsmax on Friday that the crisis over whether Russia will invade Ukraine has been ''created by President Joe Biden.'' Perry attributed Biden's weak leadership

Ric Grenell told Newsmax Friday that the administration of President Joe Biden and the national media are "marching us into war" in Ukraine. (local hero here )

Like I said to the GOP claims it outrageous to suggest the Russian might invade! or they would be supporting the administration in their conclusions

Russia has repeatedly denied having plans to invade, saying troops are conducting military exercises in the region, accusing the West of "hysteria". why does that sound just like the 2 quotes from the GOP Conservatives??
never, ever heard of scott perry, neither did you. he speaks for nobody.

harvey weinstein was a huge democrat. do his actions speak for anybody other than himself?

Scott Perry is the GOP? If you say so…

november is gonna be so sweet.
Old 02-19-2022, 07:36 PM   #143
wdmso

Quote:
never, ever heard of scott perry, neither did you. he speaks for nobody.

harvey weinstein was a huge democrat. do his actions speak for anybody other than himself?

Scott Perry is the GOP? If you say so…

november is gonna be so sweet.

I know Jim you don’t think they speak for the gop you also don’t think these 2 speak for the GOP. Either

boebert who said I identify as non-Bidenary.

Or Marjorie Taylor Greene's saying

Nancy Pelosi, falsely accusing her of having "gazpacho police spying on members of Congress,"

Speak for the GOP
Old 02-19-2022, 10:15 PM   #144
detbuch

Quote:
Because Trump was working on the 1 and 2 on list he gave Trump 3,4,5 and 6 never happened because he wasn't re elected

1) Discrediting NATO Check and 2) Pulling Troops out of Germany check
NATO discredits itself by depending on U.S. troops being stationed in their countries rather than building up their own forces. And by not paying their agreed to share of money to support NATO. If European countries were as serious about doing what was necessary to defend themselves as they are about having us defend them, and, as well, not being dependent on Russian gas, and by faithfully, consistently, posing the belligerent stance against Russia that they are pretending to do during this Ukraine "crisis," Russia wouldn't be as bold as they are acting now.

Fact is, regardless of what reasons for it you conger up, Russia did not "make it into Poland" while Trump was POTUS. They weren't even threatening to.
Old 02-20-2022, 06:32 AM   #145
scottw

Quote:

Fact is, regardless of what reasons for it you conger up, Russia did not "make it into Poland" while Trump was POTUS. They weren't even threatening to.
trump maybe had the #2 list on a sticky note and accidentally flushed it down the toilet along with the boxes of TOP SECRET documents....

I wonder if these guys ever go back and read the nonsense they write and
Old 02-20-2022, 06:32 AM   #146
scottw

Quote:

Nancy Pelosi, falsely accusing her of having "gazpacho police spying on members of Congress,"

these are pretty funny...
Old 02-20-2022, 08:48 AM   #147
Jim in CT

Quote:
I know Jim you don’t think they speak for the gop you also don’t think these 2 speak for the GOP. Either

Speak for the GOP
then the Jew hating anti semitic bigotry of Talib and Omar speak for all democrats. and the few who despise cops. And Hank Johnson being so completely stupid, that he was worried Guam was going to tip over if we built a base there.

if a small number of republican jerks represent the entire GOP, will you concede that a small number of liberal jerks speak for the entire democrat party? or do you apply that logic only when it suits you?

Biden said republicans want to put blacks in chains, has a rape allegation against him, said obama
was the first clean looking black he has seen ( something like that), he’s a plagiarist, he lied about getting arrested with Nelson Mandela, lied about driving an 18 wheeler, and his son obviously got wealthy by trading on daddys influence.

Rep Eric Swalwell was having an affair with a chinese spy.

using your logic, does all that represent you? or are you trying to have it both ways?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 02-20-2022 at 08:55 AM..
Old 02-20-2022, 09:31 AM   #148
wdmso

Quote:
then the Jew hating anti semitic bigotry of Talib and Omar speak for all democrats. and the few who despise cops. And Hank Johnson being so completely stupid, that he was worried Guam was going to tip over if we built a base there.

if a small number of republican jerks represent the entire GOP, will you concede that a small number of liberal jerks speak for the entire democrat party? or do you apply that logic only when it suits you?

Biden said republicans want to put blacks in chains, has a rape allegation against him, said obama
was the first clean looking black he has seen ( something like that), he’s a plagiarist, he lied about getting arrested with Nelson Mandela, lied about driving an 18 wheeler, and his son obviously got wealthy by trading on daddys influence.

Rep Eric Swalwell was having an affair with a chinese spy.

using your logic, does all that represent you? or are you trying to have it both ways?

When. You have no response you start regurgitating your usual talking points

British PM Johnson: Russia Planning Biggest War in Europe Since 1945

More fear mongering Right

Jim this is your problem you believe
The Dems you listed speak for the party because thats how you’ve been told to believe

The Republicans you claim don’t represent the GOP . Do ! Not because I think it’s True . But actual polling says they are the new flag bearers of the GOP

30% of GOP voters view Republican Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene favorably, up 11 points since last week.

Wyoming Rep. Liz Cheney, the No. 3 House Republican, is liked by 22% of Republicans

59% of voters nationwide have an opinion of Greene, matching prominence of Cheney and House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.).

prominence what a way to describe Greene’s standing in the GOP

Even Dan Crenshaw in Trouble from his own far right GOP base
Old 02-20-2022, 09:38 AM   #149
Jim in CT

Quote:
When. You have no response you start regurgitating your usual talking points

British PM Johnson: Russia Planning Biggest War in Europe Since 1945

More fear mongering Right

Jim this is your problem you believe
The Dems you listed speak for the party because thats how you’ve been told to believe

The Republicans you claim don’t represent the GOP . Do ! Not because I think it’s True . But actual polling says they are the new flag bearers of the GOP

30% of GOP voters view Republican Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene favorably, up 11 points since last week.

Wyoming Rep. Liz Cheney, the No. 3 House Republican, is liked by 22% of Republicans

59% of voters nationwide have an opinion of Greene, matching prominence of Cheney and House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.).

prominence what a way to describe Greene’s standing in the GOP

Even Dan Crenshaw in Trouble from his own far right GOP base
you’re the one finding obscure nobodies and saying they represent the entire gop. that is, when you’re not making stuff up about the gop.

i was taking your page out of your book. and you mocked it, without realizing you were mocking yourself

70% don’t view MTG favorably. you left that out.

what % of democrats view AOC and ihan Omar favorably? you didn’t mention for some
reason. .

if your gibberish is rational, how do you explain what happened in VA and NJ, how do you explain polling?
Old 02-20-2022, 10:07 AM   #150
scottw

Quote:

i was taking your page out of your book. and you mocked it, without realizing you were mocking yourself

they catch on eventually...sometimes....maybe not...