Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-21-2021, 09:33 AM   #61
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim your version of disproven is showing. 3 examples against thousands of examples and as usual calling them equal?

And your mask gripe should be with your school not the emmys ? Did you ask the Dioceses about why the emmys weren’t wearing masks and they were ? What did they say?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
how many democrats at the emmys weren’t wearing masks?

you can show me thousands of examples of elected republicans who are defying their own mask mandates that they thruway on the rest of us? or thousands of random citizens? if you want to see thousands of liberal citizens violating covid protocols, just look at any photos or videos of the BLM riots this summer. thousands of people violating social
distancing and mask mandates.

Let me save you the trouble, I’ll
just respond for you.

Jim that’s not the same thing, because it doesn’t count when democrats behave badly, only when republicans do it.
Old 09-21-2021, 09:41 AM   #62
Pete F.
Canceled

The Health Dept. says yes, the current mandate in L.A. requires everyone to wear a mask indoors -- whether vaccinated or unvaccinated -- but it also says exceptions are made for film, TV and music productions.

The county says the Emmy Awards qualify as a TV production, and all the people appearing on the show are considered performers ... so masks were not a must for attendees.

Additionally, the Dept. of Health says there were extra safety modifications in place for the event. Yes, everyone had to be fully vaxxed ... but they also had to have a verified negative COVID test within 48 hours of the show. Crew members were either fully vaccinated or recently tested as well.

Overall, the Public Health office says the Emmys reached out to share its safety protocols and they "exceeded the baseline requirements for television and film productions."

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-21-2021, 10:17 AM   #63
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
The Health Dept. says yes, the current mandate in L.A. requires everyone to wear a mask indoors -- whether vaccinated or unvaccinated -- but it also says exceptions are made for film, TV and music productions.

The county says the Emmy Awards qualify as a TV production, and all the people appearing on the show are considered performers ... so masks were not a must for attendees.
"
well of course....and "outside" but inside a hermetically sealed tent is not "indoors"
Old 09-21-2021, 10:47 AM   #64
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Has essentially the same the force of a law, big whoop.
No, it doesn't

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 09-21-2021, 10:59 AM   #65
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

Additionally, the Dept. of Health says there were extra safety modifications in place for the event. Yes, everyone had to be fully vaxxed ... but they also had to have a verified negative COVID test within 48 hours of the show. Crew members were either fully vaccinated or recently tested as well.

Overall, the Public Health office says the Emmys reached out to share its safety protocols and they "exceeded the baseline requirements for television and film productions."
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
well of course....and "outside" but inside a hermetically sealed tent is not "indoors"
Reading Comprehension apparently is not a requirement to be the pandemic’s 2nd wrongest commentator

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-21-2021, 11:06 AM   #66
Jim in CT

Quote:
Reading Comprehension apparently is not a requirement to be the pandemic’s 2nd wrongest commentator
"the current mandate in L.A. requires everyone to wear a mask indoors -- whether vaccinated or unvaccinated -- but it also says exceptions are made for film, TV and music productions."

Clearly, the people at the Emmys were not breaking the law. That doesn't mean it makes any sense.

Pete, why do people in restaurants, and kid sin schools (vaccinated or not, negative test or not) have to wear masks, but people at the Emmys don't? What's the logic behind that law? Does the virus differentiate between vaccinated restaurant waiters and vaccinated TV producers? Is the virus deterred by having a Screen Actors Guild card?

Or is it because Hollywood is made up of very rich and politically well-connected folks?

In the summer of 2020, I couldn't go to a catholic mass. But I would be allowed to go to a BLM rally, stand shoulder to shoulder with maskless people screaming for dead cops. That was the law.
Old 09-21-2021, 11:11 AM   #67
Jim in CT

Why doesn't Bidens vaccine mandate apply to Congress (it doesn't, I recently learned)? Why do private sector workers have a mandate, but not members of Congress? Is that not a fair question to ask? The military is saying they're going to boot people who aren't vaccinated, but members of congress face no penalty?

I'm guessing the number of unvaccinated congressmen is very low, but again, what's the logic? Because I don't see it.

Same with welfare recipients, the vaccine mandate won't apply to them. If the goal is to vaccinate as many Americans as possible, why not have the mandate apply to welfare recipients?

A welfare recipient can refuse the vaccine and continue to collect his welfare. But a Navy SEAL who refuses the vaccine will be fired.

That's just dripping with common sense.
Old 09-21-2021, 11:23 AM   #68
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"the current mandate in L.A. requires everyone to wear a mask indoors -- whether vaccinated or unvaccinated -- but it also says exceptions are made for film, TV and music productions."

Clearly, the people at the Emmys were not breaking the law. That doesn't mean it makes any sense.

Pete, why do people in restaurants, and kid sin schools (vaccinated or not, negative test or not) have to wear masks, but people at the Emmys don't? What's the logic behind that law? Does the virus differentiate between vaccinated restaurant waiters and vaccinated TV producers? Is the virus deterred by having a Screen Actors Guild card?

Or is it because Hollywood is made up of very rich and politically well-connected folks?
That would be a question for the LA county board of health

In the summer of 2020, I couldn't go to a catholic mass. You could outdoors or on Zoom, my wife has since the beginning of the pandemic till lately. But the UCC doesn't require you to go to church. But I would be allowed to go to a BLM rally, stand shoulder to shoulder with maskless people screaming for dead cops. That was the law.
Poor victim, probably as worried about that thin blue line as the guys in the Capitol on Jan 6th.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-21-2021, 11:33 AM   #69
Jim in CT

Pete -

"Or is it because Hollywood is made up of very rich and politically well-connected folks?

OK. So any direct question which you can't answer honestly without making democrats look foolish, you punt on.

In addition to being the only person here to be banned from starting threads, and the only person here I've seen go after children, you're also a coward.

TDF got it right. You couldn't bring yourself to try to respond.

When your beliefs are so flimsy that they require you to hide under your bed in the face of such a simple question, what does that say about your beliefs? Nothing good.

Quite the resume you've accumulated here, yessir
Old 09-21-2021, 11:33 AM   #70
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Why doesn't Bidens vaccine mandate apply to Congress (it doesn't, I recently learned)? Why do private sector workers have a mandate, but not members of Congress? Is that not a fair question to ask? The military is saying they're going to boot people who aren't vaccinated, but members of congress face no penalty?

I'm guessing the number of unvaccinated congressmen is very low, but again, what's the logic? Because I don't see it.

Same with welfare recipients, the vaccine mandate won't apply to them. If the goal is to vaccinate as many Americans as possible, why not have the mandate apply to welfare recipients?

A welfare recipient can refuse the vaccine and continue to collect his welfare. But a Navy SEAL who refuses the vaccine will be fired.

That's just dripping with common sense.
You apparently have no idea of what powers the President has, do you.

100% of the democrats in both houses are vaccinated.
Not sure if the Republicans will tell, it might be political suicide.

Here's the list of REQUIRED vaccines for Central Command, every one has different requirements.
And you get booted for not complying.

Anthrax
Schedule: 0,4w,6,12,18m + annual booster
Route: Intramuscular
Dose: 0.5ml
Required for 15 or more days in theater.
Chickenpox
Schedule: 0, 4-8w (2 dose) or + serologic testing
Route: Subcutaneous
Required. Documentation must include one of the following: Born before 1980, history of disease, sufficient varicella titer, or administration of vaccine.
Hepatitis A
Schedule: 0, 6m (2 dose) or + serologic testing
Dose: 1-18 years, 0.5ml; >=19 years, 1 ml; Twinrix >=18 years, 1ml
Required.
Hepatitis B
Schedule: Engerix-B, Recombivax, Twinrix: 0,1,6m (3 dose)or Heplisav-B: 0,1m (2 dose) or + serologic testing
Dose: Engerix-B or Recombivax: 0-19 years, 0.5ml; >=20 years, 1 ml; Twinrix >=18 years, 1ml; Heplisav-B >=18 years, 0.5mL
Required.
Influenza - Seasonal
Schedule: 1 dose annually
Route: Intramuscular, Intranasal
Dose: IM 0.5ml; Intranasal 0.2ml
Required.
M-M-R
Schedule: 2 lifetime doses or + serologic testing
Route: Subcutaneous
Required. Documentation must include one of the following: Born before 1957, effective immunity by titer, or administration of two lifetime doses.
Pneumococcal
Schedule: High risk: 1 dose, Asplenic Only: 1 dose + 1 time booster if 5 yrs or greater since 1st dose
Route: Subcutaneous or Intramuscular
Required for high risk health conditions per ACIP.
Polio
Schedule: 1 dose as adult
Route: Subcutaneous or Intramuscular
For individuals traveling for > 4 weeks, vaccination required to be administered within 12 months of DEPARTURE FROM Afghanistan and Pakistan.
Rabies
Schedule: Pre-Exposure: 0,7,(21 or 28d) Booster: 2-5 yr (when titer drops >1:5)
Dose: 1ml
Required for personnel at high risk for exposure IAW Service-Specific guidelines.
Tdap
Schedule: 1 lifetime dose of Tdap, Td boosters every 10 yrs. For adults who previously have not received a dose of Tdap, 1 dose should be given regardless of interval since last tetanus vaccine.
Route: Intramuscular (Tdap, Td, Tetanus Toxoid)
Dose: 0.5ml (Tdap, Td, Tetanus Toxoid)
Required.
Typhoid
Schedule: Injectable: every 2 yr; Oral: every 5 yr
Route: Intramuscular or Oral
Dose: IM 0.5ml; Oral, 4 capsules (day 1,3,5,7)
Required.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-21-2021, 11:46 AM   #71
scottw

Quote:
"L.A. requires everyone to wear a mask indoors -- whether vaccinated or unvaccinated -- but it also says exceptions are made for film, TV and music productions.

The county says the Emmy Awards qualify as a TV production, and all the people appearing on the show are considered performers ... so masks were not a must for attendees."

guess they could have just done it in the auditorium as usual then... and skipped the tent

if I lived in LA I'd identify as a "performer" whenever I head indoors without a mask
Old 09-21-2021, 11:47 AM   #72
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Pete -

"Or is it because Hollywood is made up of very rich and politically well-connected folks?

OK. So any direct question which you can't answer honestly without making democrats look foolish, you punt on.

In addition to being the only person here to be banned from starting threads, and the only person here I've seen go after children, you're also a coward.

TDF got it right. You couldn't bring yourself to try to respond.

When your beliefs are so flimsy that they require you to hide under your bed in the face of such a simple question, what does that say about your beliefs? Nothing good.

Quite the resume you've accumulated here, yessir
You are the toughest guy behind a keyboard, aren't you?

My beliefs are that you are responsible for yourself and regardless of what some agency says, you need to do what is best for you and not hurt others.

You are a poor little insecure boy, if your self-worth is determined by someone else's answer on the internet.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-21-2021, 11:51 AM   #73
scottw

Quote:

You are the toughest guy behind a keyboard, aren't you?
this is hilarious coming from you...I bet a bunch of you would make a puddle at you feet if you had to actually say some of this stuff in person
Old 09-21-2021, 11:51 AM   #74
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
"L.A. requires everyone to wear a mask indoors -- whether vaccinated or unvaccinated -- but it also says exceptions are made for film, TV and music productions.

The county says the Emmy Awards qualify as a TV production, and all the people appearing on the show are considered performers ... so masks were not a must for attendees."

guess they could have just done it in the auditorium as usual then... and skipped the tent

if I lived in LA I'd identify as a "performer" whenever I head indoors without a mask What do you identify as here?
Well, if they did it indoors then they possibly would not have "exceeded the baseline requirements for television and film productions."

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-21-2021, 11:52 AM   #75
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
this is hilarious coming from you...I bet a bunch of you would make a puddle at you feet if you had to actually say some of this stuff in person
Hmmm.........

You don't know me, do you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-21-2021, 12:15 PM   #76
spence

Quote:

Executive Orders only cover the Executive Branch Jim.
Old 09-21-2021, 12:19 PM   #77
spence

Quote:
He already answered your question.
Old 09-21-2021, 12:21 PM   #78
scottw

Quote:
Hmmm.........

You don't know me, do you?
now I'm terrified
Old 09-21-2021, 12:37 PM   #79
Jim in CT

Quote:
He already answered your question.
no, and neither did you as you share the same cowardice.

if i ask the logic behind it, you can’t answer by saying “it’s the law”, There are laws that are devoid of logic. because not that long ago it was also in keeping with the law when a bus driver told Rosa Parks to get her black azz to the back of the bus. Back then, if i asked you why that was OK, I presume
you would have just said “because it’s the law”, especially because that law was also codified by the party you have declared yourself a concubine to.
Old 09-21-2021, 12:42 PM   #80
Pete F.
Canceled

Might I suggest a Midol, I’ve heard they can offer some relief.
Old 09-21-2021, 12:46 PM   #81
Pete F.
Canceled

Here’s some first class logic

The Tennessee state government now recommends vaccinated residents be denied access to monoclonal antibody treatment to preserve supplies for those who are unwilling to get vaccinated and remain most vulnerable by their own choice.
Old 09-21-2021, 01:15 PM   #82
scottw

I'm glad they got their night to celebrate each other...the pandemic has been particularly difficult for the elite...they probably didn't even get stimulus checks
Old 09-21-2021, 01:19 PM   #83
Jim in CT

Quote:
I'm glad they got their night to celebrate each other...the pandemic has been particularly difficult for the elite...they probably didn't even get stimulus checks
Yes it's very rare that they all get to get dressed up and tell each other how awesome they are. Never happens.
Old 09-21-2021, 01:24 PM   #84
scottw

Quote:

The Tennessee state government now recommends vaccinated residents be denied access to monoclonal antibody treatment to preserve supplies for those who are unwilling to get vaccinated and remain most vulnerable by their own choice.
if you are vaccinated you shouldn't need the monoclonal antibodies...right?
Old 09-21-2021, 01:31 PM   #85
Jim in CT

Quote:

using your logic, isn’t that a question for the state of Tennessee health officials?

You’ll comment when red states drop the ball. you cower when bluebstates do the same.

Make. That. Wrong.
Old 09-21-2021, 01:37 PM   #86
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
if you are vaccinated you shouldn't need the monoclonal antibodies...right?
The pandemic’s 2nd wrongest commentator continues true to form.

Governor Greg Abbott, R-Texas, received the antibody treatment by Regeneron despite being fully vaccinated with no symptoms. In short, the 63-year-old governor hoped to prevent severe infection and a hospital visit after being infected with Covid.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-21-2021, 01:43 PM   #87
spence

Quote:
if i ask the logic behind it, you can’t answer by saying “it’s the law”,
This isn't rocket science Jim, the CT departments of education and health reviewed the CDC guidance and determined largely because of Delta and the rapidly raising infections among the young that masks should be worn in schools regardless of vaccination status. The Gov signed the order based on their feedback. There isn't any more to it than that, no grand conspiracy to strip kids of their liberties.
Old 09-21-2021, 02:02 PM   #88
Jim in CT

Quote:
This isn't rocket science Jim, the CT departments of education and health reviewed the CDC guidance and determined largely because of Delta and the rapidly raising infections among the young that masks should be worn in schools regardless of vaccination status. The Gov signed the order based on their feedback. There isn't any more to it than that, no grand conspiracy to strip kids of their liberties.
i understand the logic behind wanted kids to wear masks.

But what data can you point me to, which says that those entertainers in California, are meangfully lower risk
than kids who are similarly vaccinated and who similarly have a negative test.

i know, you’re not this stupid. you’re dancing around the only thing that matters.

By what logic do we give more freedoms to entertainers in California than to people
who work in another industry in california, or to children?

my kids are required to socially distance, and to wear masks. those entertainers are not.

Why? if there’s data to suggest that the virus differentiates between actors and everyone else, I’ll happily concede the point.
Old 09-21-2021, 02:06 PM   #89
spence

Quote:
But what data can you point me to, which says that those entertainers in California, are meangfully lower risk
than kids who are similarly vaccinated and who similarly have a negative test.
Many/most kids in schools aren't vaccinated, aren't getting tested every other day and are in school every day. LA's economy is largely built on entertainment, they were working...

This could be your best false equivalence to date.
Old 09-21-2021, 02:13 PM   #90
Jim in CT

Quote:
Many/most kids in schools aren't vaccinated, aren't getting tested every other day and are in school every day. LA's economy is largely built on entertainment, they were working...

This could be your best false equivalence to date.
for the tenth time, i’m talking about kids who are vaccinated, and who have a recent negative test, yet still need to be masked, and who need to socially distance.