Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-27-2012, 03:44 PM   #1
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

the republicans using FEAR !

ahh how many times have we heard that? yes, apparently 9/11 was no big deal to Dems. But now its 2012 and what do we have to FEAR

Samuel L Jackson short film AD : Wake the #^&#^&#^&#^& Up !!! For Obama 2012 - YouTube!

welcome to hope and change, way to unite the country

and sorry my lib friends, Im no radical. but this video is reminiscent of the Nazi propoganda in the 30's. This is disgusting, if you dont agree? wake the farck up!

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 09-27-2012, 04:15 PM   #2
spence

Nazis? Really?

No. Really?

-spence
Old 09-27-2012, 04:22 PM   #3
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Got to love the line
"Obama sent seals to Binladen's place"
Anyone whos got someone serving in the military ( as I have a nephew serving in marines ) knows and will tell you Obama wanted Nothing to do with killing Binladen and was like a timid little girl #^&#^&#^&#^&ting his pants when informed they were going in and needed the order.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-27-2012, 04:26 PM   #4
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Got to love the line
Anyone whos got someone serving in the military ( as I have a nephew serving in marines ) knows and will tell you Obama wanted Nothing to do with killing Binladen and was like a timid little girl #^&#^&#^&#^&ting his pants when informed they were going in and needed the order.
I'm sure your nephew is ideally positioned to have the inside scoop regarding the condition President Obama's under pants.

The only thing $hitty about your remark is the crock in which it deservedly lies.

Thanks for his service regardless.

-spence
Old 09-27-2012, 04:43 PM   #5
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Nazis? Really?

No. Really?

-spence
really it si reminiscent of the nazi propaganda films, sure, be a lib ass and label me as some radical. or you can take 5 minutes and google the 1930 propaganda films and will EASILY see the similarity. Easily.

Spence, your reaction to this hate and fear filled short film is?

Old 09-27-2012, 04:48 PM   #6
Jackbass
Land OF Forgotten Toys

Quote:
Got to love the line
I don't buy that. Obama has drones over Pakistan constantly. I think people stating he waffled on assassinating Bin Laden is BS. he is patronizing the peace love human rights folks. His administration has a definite kill list bin laden was on it. You do not get to where he is with his limited political background with out cutting a few throats.

Last edited by Jackbass; 09-27-2012 at 05:23 PM..

I am the man in the Bassless Chaps
Old 09-27-2012, 06:31 PM   #7
zimmy

Quote:
Anyone whos got someone serving in the military ( as I have a nephew serving in marines ) knows and will tell you Obama wanted Nothing to do with killing Binladen and was like a timid little girl
This is about as delusional a statement of any I have seen on here. This forum is officially overflowing with excrement.

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:01 PM   #8
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
Spence, your reaction to this hate and fear filled short film is?
I actually saw it before your post, someone posted it on Facebook.

While the production value is good I don't think it had the visceral impact that was intended. At times it is funny. Overall all I'd give it a C+.

As to the correlation with Nazi propaganda, I think you've taken a dive off the deep end wearing really big shoes.

-spence
Old 09-28-2012, 06:26 AM   #9
Jackbass
Land OF Forgotten Toys

Quote:
I actually saw it before your post, someone posted it on Facebook.

While the production value is good I don't think it had the visceral impact that was intended. At times it is funny. Overall all I'd give it a C+.

As to the correlation with Nazi propaganda, I think you've taken a dive off the deep end wearing really big shoes.

-spence
While I think the correlation to Nazi propaganda is a stretch. There is a definite propaganda machine in all elections. Some more sinister than others. The fact that we now have to look for our news in foreign outlets is disturbing.

Media outlets twist current events to suit their ideology and we have little or no middle ground. I truly feel like I vote based on the individual and not along party lines. In general people have no clue and the bs that is fed to them via media outlets is gospel.

I am the man in the Bassless Chaps
Old 09-28-2012, 06:43 AM   #10
Raven

fear is a powerful EMOTION

used since the film "MJ, the Assasin of Youth was made"

when the NOBLE Herb is a cure for CANCER
and the canabinoids found within it , seek out and DEstroy
cancer cells (our own cells gone haywire)
Old 09-28-2012, 08:53 AM   #11
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

yeah, I guess I am being too extreme when Jackson says

Sorry, my friend, but there's not time to snore.

An out of touch millionaire just declared warOn schools, the environment, unions, fair pay.

We're all on our way if Romney has his way.He's against safety nets. If you fall, tough luck.

So I strongly suggest, that you wake the f*** up."

I suppose he didnt say rape your daughter so its really not that bad. delcaring war is ok, really, nothing at all like the nazi propaganda against the growing european menace. who did the germans blame all their problems on?

Old 09-28-2012, 10:53 AM   #12
FishermanTim

To me, any celebrity hosted political "mock-u-drama" or supposed "truth-filled" infomercial is just pure crap.

I wonder just how much money is wasted each and every day (let alone every election) spewing poltical garbage by PAID spokes persons?

Look for that "little" disclaimer on all the campaign ads that states "paid actor"!!!
The only real people are either desperate for $$ or work for the party in question.

If the politicians could only stick to the issues, and not waste my time with idiotic, moroninc, retarded rhetoric repeated each and every hour on each and every day. (If it wasn't true last month, or last week, or even yesterday what the hell makes them think that it will suddenly become true today?????)

Yeah, like that will ever happen!!!!
Old 09-28-2012, 11:27 AM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
yeah, I guess I am being too extreme when Jackson says

Sorry, my friend, but there's not time to snore.

An out of touch millionaire just declared warOn schools, the environment, unions, fair pay.

We're all on our way if Romney has his way.He's against safety nets. If you fall, tough luck.

So I strongly suggest, that you wake the f*** up."

I suppose he didnt say rape your daughter so its really not that bad. delcaring war is ok, really, nothing at all like the nazi propaganda against the growing european menace. who did the germans blame all their problems on?
So according to this video, Romney is an out-of-touch millionaire, who according to Obama, believes in "social Darwinism", and Romney doesn't care about those less fortunate...and we all know that Romney likes it when the wives of former employees die of cancer, right?

Spence, Zimmy, PaulS...how does this liberal narrative fit with the facts? Romney has given millions and millions of dollars to his church. That church uses a lot of that money to support Mormon missions, and those missions do an awful lot of good for people in crummy situations.

Romney served a 2 year Mormon mission. How many of us can say we put our lives on hold for 2 full years to help others? When did Obama do that, I must have missed that announcement? And Biden gives $300 a year to charity, but no one claims Biden doesn't care about the poor.

Got to love that liberal honesty. Bend over backwards to avoid talking about Obama's dismal record, and instead make the sheep out there afraid of Romney the selfish plutocrat.

What does it say about Obama, that he has to avoid talking about his record, and make up lies about his opponent?

And Obama floats above it all, he's not accountable for any of this character assassination.

If you want to hold Romney to task for outsourcing some jobs, fine. But do we have to have commercials saying that Romney doesn't care about cancer victims, when his wife is a cancer survivor for God's sakes?

Spence, Zimmy? What's your response?

You people have no shame, and your hypocrisy knows no bounds. If Obama wins, you deserve exactly what you're going to get.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:26 PM   #14
FishermanTim

"If you want to hold Romney to task for outsourcing some jobs, fine."

Remember the old addage" Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"?
How many Democrats have driven jobs overseas with their own personal votes and agendas?

Let's look at EVERYONE's records before we single one man out of the crowd!

These attack ads are getting old, boring and tired and they waste our time and OUR MONEY!!!
Old 09-28-2012, 12:57 PM   #15
spence

Quote:
Ok, I cave...

Jackson is really calling for war and the extermination of Republicans.

I can't believe I didn't see it, but now that I know, the truth is so clear.

-spence
Old 09-28-2012, 01:39 PM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Ok, I cave...

-spence
Spence, Obama has said that Romney wants to implement "social darwinism".

Do you believe Obama is lying, or is he telling the truth? If you believe Obama is telling the truth...why does Romney give millions and millions of dollars to charity, and why did he spend 2 years of his life on an unpaid mission for his church? Good luck with that...

If Romney doesn't care much about the poor, why does he donate so much money, and (more importantly) so much time to help the less fortunate? When did Obama give up 2 years of life for an unpaid service mission?

Answer...Romney cares deeply about the poor. But despite his empty promises about not seeing red or blue states, Obama is stooping to lies to get what he wants. That's easier for Obama than defending his abysmal economic record.

Not exactly the change we were promised...
Old 09-28-2012, 01:44 PM   #17
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Spence, Zimmy? What's your response?

You people have no shame, and your hypocrisy knows no bounds. If Obama wins, you deserve exactly what you're going to get.
My response is that I am done with this forum. It is boring and it is the same nonsense over and over, most of it based on bs I'd rather worry about important things like fishing and freakin late blight. Maybe I'll be back when someone like Huntsman has a chance in the elephant party instead of the current Bachman, Santorum, Romney freak show, and that ain't happening...

Parting gift for you, Jim:
"Mitt Romney claims President Barack Obama caused a doubling of able-bodied persons on food stamps by taking “work out of the food stamps requirement.” That’s an exaggeration. All but four states had already received waivers from specific work requirements for some or all of their residents before Obama became president."

FactCheck: Romney?s food stamp stretch

Old 09-28-2012, 01:59 PM   #18
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
My response is that I am done with this forum.
did you even look at that video? Are you proud of that? Proud of what it represents? Its not the same thing over and over, this is a new low. And one that I thought maybe some of you Obama fans would finally show some integrity and speak out against.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:01 PM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
My response is that I am done with this forum. It is boring and it is the same nonsense over and over, most of it based on bs I'd rather worry about important things like fishing and freakin late blight. Maybe I'll be back when someone like Huntsman has a chance in the elephant party instead of the current Bachman, Santorum, Romney freak show, and that ain't happening...

Parting gift for you, Jim:
"Mitt Romney claims President Barack Obama caused a doubling of able-bodied persons on food stamps by taking “work out of the food stamps requirement.” That’s an exaggeration. All but four states had already received waivers from specific work requirements for some or all of their residents before Obama became president."

FactCheck: Romney?s food stamp stretch
"My response is that I am done with this forum."

Translation: Jim, you've got me, and rather than admit Romney is clearly a genuinely decent man, ansd that Obama is being dishonest in his character attacks, I'm not going to play anymore. Very mature...

"most of it based on bs "

Please specify one thing in my post that is b.s.. Just one thing...

"That’s an exaggeration"

If Romney exaggerated, let's hold him accountable for it. I'm all for that. But both candidates, even the cool black liberal, should be held equally accountable.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:05 PM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
did you even look at that video? Are you proud of that? Proud of what it represents? Its not the same thing over and over, this is a new low. And one that I thought maybe some of you Obama fans would finally show some integrity and speak out against.
"this is a new low"

For me, the new low was the ad suggesting that Romney either caused the wife of a former employee to die of cancer, or that he did not give a rat's ass about her cancer. Obama's campaign spokesman (Kristen Sutter?) said she had no knowledge of the details of this family, then audio of a conference call was leaked that showed that Ms Sutter absolutely had heard these details before.

Par for the course. And nothing that Obama apologists will touch.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:07 PM   #21
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Ok, I cave...

-spence
No spence, jackson is saying that romney has declared war on them.

so again, then what was your take. the purpose of the video is not to spread fear? Did you see the map of the US states turning to red states? Oh the horror!
Its a fear mongering attempt to rally people. The same thing you, over and over and over, accussed Rove and Co of and yet it was NEVER as blatant as this.
That add was shameful and yet you cannot allow yourself to be critical of it! How shallow. Nah, you're not a lib, but you do come off as mindless

Old 09-28-2012, 04:44 PM   #22
spence

Quote:
No spence, jackson is saying that romney has declared war on them.

so again, then what was your take. the purpose of the video is not to spread fear? Did you see the map of the US states turning to red states? Oh the horror!
Its a fear mongering attempt to rally people. The same thing you, over and over and over, accussed Rove and Co of and yet it was NEVER as blatant as this.
That add was shameful and yet you cannot allow yourself to be critical of it! How shallow. Nah, you're not a lib, but you do come off as mindless
You're not serious are you?

Did Rove star in his own ads? Did Rove make fun of himself in the ads? Did Rove self promote his own ads? Is Jackson running a Super PAC?

If I applied your logic I could go shoot my neighbor's dog because it has 4 legs and well you know people shoot bears.

-spence
Old 09-28-2012, 05:07 PM   #23
spence

Quote:
Spence, Obama has said that Romney wants to implement "social darwinism".
If you diminish the safety net isn't that precisely what would be happening?

Quote:
Do you believe Obama is lying, or is he telling the truth? If you believe Obama is telling the truth...why does Romney give millions and millions of dollars to charity, and why did he spend 2 years of his life on an unpaid mission for his church? Good luck with that...
Because he was raised a Mormon. I've flown out of Salt Lake and have been surrounded by Mormon's on their way to mission...they were as naive as can be and were doing what they thought their Church expected of them. They were really nice people mind you, I've never met a Mormon I didn't like.

Quote:
If Romney doesn't care much about the poor, why does he donate so much money, and (more importantly) so much time to help the less fortunate?
Again, because he's a Mormon and tithing is a part of the church...when you're filthy stinking rich you get to donate more.

The real quest is why didn't he deduct all of it, I mean, that is a test to be a Republican President right?

Quote:
When did Obama give up 2 years of life for an unpaid service mission?
If he did I'm sure Obama would call it Jihad, right?

-spence
Old 09-28-2012, 05:16 PM   #24
buckman

Quote:

Because he was raised a Mormon. I've flown out of Salt Lake and have been surrounded by Mormon's on their way to mission...they were as naive as can be and were doing what they thought their Church expected of them. They were really nice people mind you, I've never met a Mormon I didn't like.

-spence
This could be the most telling thing I have read here. Speaks volumes of the way Spence thinks.
Let me just add...never met a Mormon terrorist
Old 09-28-2012, 06:01 PM   #25
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
This could be the most telling thing I have read here. Speaks volumes of the way Spence thinks.
Let me just add...never met a Mormon terrorist
Please be specific.

-spence
Old 09-28-2012, 06:53 PM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:

Again, because he's a Mormon and tithing is a part of the church...when you're filthy stinking rich you get to donate more.

The real quest is why didn't he deduct all of it, I mean, that is a test to be a Republican President right?

-spence
"If you diminish the safety net isn't that precisely what would be happening?"

If romney is diminishing the safety net for no valid reason, than yes, you'd have a point.

Spence, you work in finance, right? Are you suggesting that Medicare and Social Security don't need to be "diminished" in order to be saved? If that's what you're saying, please tell me where the $40+ trillion will come from thatthose 2 programs need, if we leave benefits where they are.

Spence, you liberals have to stop these dishinest tactics. Medicare and Social Security will not exist post-baby boomers unless they are either (1) adequately funded, or (2) diminished. And the math shows clearly that we cannot provide promised benefits to all of the Baby Boomers.

Spence, we have serious problems. We don't have any mor etime for the tired liberal tactic of attacking conservatives who are trying to save, not diminish, the safety net.

I await yoru response, which will no doubt include specific details on where ytou are going to find $40 trillion so that we don't have to diminish the safety net...go ahead. either do that, or admit that you are full of sh*t.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:03 PM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:

-spence
"They were really nice people mind you"

So if Mormons are really nice people, and Romney is a mormon, are you saying he's a nice guy? And if that's the case, why is Obama telling people that Romney only cares about making rivh pepole richer? Do you think that's what Romney believes? Is that consistant with Mormonism?

Spence, one of these days you should try rational thought. Not all liberals are good, not all conservatives are sinister. Your hero Obama is telling outright lies. Obama knows that Medicare and SS cannot be sustained, yet he attacks conservatives for saying it out loud.

And you did exactly that, too. I'm really curious to see if you think that those safety nest do not need to be diminished in order to be saved. Please be specific...

Every good thing Romney does, you tarnish it. Every bad thing Obama does, you defend it. every single time. You might be the most predictable, thoughtless person in the forum.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:45 PM   #28
zimmy

Quote:
"My response is that I am done with this forum."

Translation: Jim, you've got me, and rather than admit Romney is clearly a genuinely decent man, ansd that Obama is being dishonest in his character attacks, I'm not going to play anymore. Very mature...

"most of it based on bs "

Please specify one thing in my post that is b.s.. Just one thing...

"That’s an exaggeration"

Jim, I didn't even read your post. i just saw my name. You are welcome to call checkmate if it makes you feel good

Jimmy, I didn't watch the video yet, but drawing comparisons between Samuel Jackson reading a script that says Romney declared war on the environment and unions is equivalent to Nazi propaganda? I have other things I will spend my time on.

Old 09-29-2012, 05:34 AM   #29
scottw

wow...Spence has apparently lost his mind and is babbling complete nonsense and Zimmy is leaving the forums for ever...

this has been one heckuva week!
Old 09-29-2012, 08:44 AM   #30
spence

Quote:
So if Mormons are really nice people, and Romney is a mormon, are you saying he's a nice guy?
Can't say as I've never met him.

Quote:
And if that's the case, why is Obama telling people that Romney only cares about making rivh pepole richer? Do you think that's what Romney believes? Is that consistant with Mormonism?
I'm not aware of President Obama ever claiming that's the only thing Romney cares about...but I think we'd all agree that Romney's policies would significantly and disproportionately benefit the wealthy.

Quote:
Spence, one of these days you should try rational thought.
Good one, wow, still stings.

Quote:
Not all liberals are good, not all conservatives are sinister. Your hero Obama is telling outright lies. Obama knows that Medicare and SS cannot be sustained, yet he attacks conservatives for saying it out loud.
No, he attacks the methods they propose to address the issues.

Be careful with the lie word. Unless you can justify it you should be using it.

Quote:
And you did exactly that, too. I'm really curious to see if you think that those safety nest do not need to be diminished in order to be saved. Please be specific...
Indirectly.

Quote:
Every good thing Romney does, you tarnish it. Every bad thing Obama does, you defend it. every single time. You might be the most predictable, thoughtless person in the forum.
That's simply not true.

I think Romney's government sponsored health care plan was a good idea. I think his balanced approach to the MA budget was a good idea. I think he showed leadership letting gay people get married as Governor.

The question is...WTF HAPPENED TO MITT ROMNEY?

-spence