Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 02-06-2017, 02:55 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Can I get a good deal on a last minute Cape Cod home rental?

So we usually go camping for a week in Eastham in June. It has been great, thanks in part to all the great tips I get here.

Well, my mother-in-law recently mentioned that while she is happy we like camping, she misses vacationing with us. Since she is NOT staying in a little camper with us, I was thinking of renting a 4/5 bedroom house in that area.

I looked at the usual websites, and there are a ton of houses available in mid/late June. Problem is, I don't know when school will get out because of snow days. I'd like to get out there as early as possible.

If I want until April to book, I am wondering if I can leverage a good deal by finding a homeowner who realizes that it's either me renting the house for less than the posted rate, or the house sits vacant for the week.

Anyone ever done that? Wondering what my chances are. I will likely try it regardless, just wondering if anyone has any insight.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 07:07 PM   #2
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

No insider knowledge but I expect there will still be stuff available - just not sure you will save a lot...

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 04:47 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
No insider knowledge but I expect there will still be stuff available - just not sure you will save a lot...
Thanks.

There is a TON of inventory, lots of nice 4br houses. Hoping that if I email 10 owners, a month before the trip, and offer each $500 - $750 less than posted rate, that someone will take a reduced rent rather than letting it sit vacant. They're still making money, right? Hoping to save enough to pay for a trip on the Beth Ann to live line macks with my kids.
Old 02-07-2017, 08:24 PM   #4
WESTPORTMAFIA

Check home away if you haven't already. Email from there. Do it now and don't wait until last minute. We found a house in Bradenton FL which was owned and operated by the owner who is a realtor. She owns her multiple properties for rent with no mortgages and maintains them herself. By doing that she offers her 5 star properties for a fraction of the cost. We didn't ask for a discount because it was already 30% less than similar homes.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
WESTPORTMAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 10:13 AM   #5
Rappin Mikey
My brother is bald

I got a line on a Welfleet house in late August 1300$

seals + plovers =
Rappin Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 01:42 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rappin Mikey View Post
I got a line on a Welfleet house in late August 1300$
Thanks e need to go late June, which is why there is a TON of inventory, which is why I am hoping I can command a very good deal.