Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-01-2019, 06:04 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Test your racism IQ!!

Who once said that Baltimore is a “drug infested place”, where “children walk around like zombies”?

A. Donald Trump
B. Adolph Hitler
C. Nathan Bedford Forrest
D. George Wallace
E. Elijah Cummings

If you guessed E, congratulations, you’re correct!!! Now, what do the liberals here, have to say about this loathsome racist?

https://nypost.com/2019/07/31/trump-...GVPbKlyUYq-WPQ
Old 08-01-2019, 07:35 AM   #2
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

I have a White Dog, that makes me a racist, according to some*

*according to some is an equivalent to the Spencespeak "Some People Say"

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 08-01-2019, 07:48 AM   #3
Pete F.
Canceled

Actually that would be Trumpspeak, and it could have just been hyperbole,if you had not considered such.

VAGUE SOURCE ATTRIBUTION

GENERAL

A lot of people are saying …
People think it’s going to happen.
Everybody’s talking about it.
They are saying …
Everyone is now saying …

PERSONAL

That’s just what I had heard.
I’ve heard that …
What I’ve heard …
I’ve been hearing …
A lot of people tell me …
“I’ve seen this, and I’ve sort of witnessed it—in fact, in two cases I have actually witnessed it.”

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-01-2019, 08:02 AM   #4
JohnR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Actually that would be Trumpspeak, and it could have just been hyperbole,if you had not considered such.

VAGUE SOURCE ATTRIBUTION
I get it ; )

Is it hyperbole if the person stating believes it ; )

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 08-01-2019, 08:08 AM   #5
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post

*according to some is an equivalent to the Spencespeak "Some People Say"

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 08-01-2019, 08:17 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:

VAGUE SOURCE ATTRIBUTION

GENERAL

A lot of people are saying …
People think it’s going to happen.
Everybody’s talking about it.
They are saying …
Everyone is now saying …

PERSONAL

That’s just what I had heard.
I’ve heard that …
What I’ve heard …
I’ve been hearing …
A lot of people tell me …
“I’ve seen this, and I’ve sort of witnessed it—in fact, in two cases I have actually witnessed it.”
vague source, that’s your comeback? my clip has video of Cummings saying these words, it’s the actual video of him saying it.

the stupid is strong in you, eh?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 08-01-2019, 08:49 AM   #7
PaulS

Quote:

:[/SIZE]
A white dog and you racist - that is crazy.

Unless of course Neo Nazi's have tried to co-opt white dogs in the past, Nazis have a history of using white dogs to threaten minorities, you have settled with the justice dept. for discriminating against minorities, you have re-tweeted tweets from racists, etc. You bought the white dog as a some sort of racist symbol. The people who worked for you on this site have said you have made racists comments, etc, etc.
Old 08-01-2019, 09:08 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Paul, if Trump has made racist comments in the past, does that mean he can never criticize Elijah Cummings or the city of Baltimore, without it being racist?

Saying “i despise blacks” is one thing. saying Elijah Cummings is a bully, and saying Baltimore is a bad failure, are something else.
Old 08-01-2019, 09:19 AM   #9
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Paul, if Trump has made racist comments in the past, does that mean he can never criticize Elijah Cummings or the city of Baltimore, without it being racist? of course not, but he shouldn't use the same "code" words he has used in the past when bitc hing about black people.

Saying “i despise blacks” is one thing. saying Elijah Cummings is a bully, and saying Baltimore is a bad failure, are something else.
nm
Old 08-01-2019, 09:22 AM   #10
Sea Dangles

Infested = n*gger to Paul
Old 08-01-2019, 09:41 AM   #11
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
vague source, that’s your comeback? my clip has video of Cummings saying these words, it’s the actual video of him saying it.

the stupid is strong in you, eh?
You really don’t read well, I was replying to JohnR comment, not your usual trap question.
For my comment and Congressman Cummins context is important.
When you hunt and find a short clip from 20 years ago and use it as proof it’s a typical Trumplican Alinsky tactic
Cummins was attempting to solve a problem, not Playing a blame game.
What solution has Trump proposed to solve the problem he’s identified?
Trump’s using race as a political tool.
Trump fits right in with B, C and D

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-01-2019, 09:51 AM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
nm
what code word has he used in the past about blacks? rats? rodents?
Old 08-01-2019, 09:58 AM   #13
JohnR

Quote:
A white dog and you racist - that is crazy.

Unless of course Neo Nazi's have tried to co-opt white dogs in the past, Nazis have a history of using white dogs to threaten minorities, you have settled with the justice dept. for discriminating against minorities, you have re-tweeted tweets from racists, etc. You bought the white dog as a some sort of racist symbol. The people who worked for you on this site have said you have made racists comments, etc, etc.

So if a Neo Nazi one time used a German Shepherd to intimidate Minorities it is OK, but is they used a White Shepherd, that is racism ? I know you were tongue in cheek but it does rhyme with other trends.

This Progressive trend to associate bad people occasionally co-opting a thing, symbol, trend with all users which use that thing, symbol, trend.

It is even worse when the Progressive Outrage Mob misidentify a symbol.

Laughs in First Navy Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Infested = n*gger to Paul
There are few words I will absolutely censor - that is real close to one of them. Don't use even that much here.

Quote:
You really don’t read well, I was replying to JohnR comment, not your usual trap question.
For my comment and Congressman Cummins context is important.
When you hunt and find a short clip from 20 years ago and use it as proof it’s a typical Trumplican Alinsky tactic
What solution has Trump proposed to solve the problem he’s identified?
Trump’s using race as a political tool.
Trump fits right in with B, C and D

And Cummings failed which makes Trump a racist.

I wonder if we are hopelessly broken. Both Sides.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 08-01-2019, 10:35 AM   #14
PaulS

Quote:
So if a Neo Nazi one time used a German Shepherd to intimidate Minorities it is OK, but is they used a White Shepherd, that is racism ? I know you were tongue in cheek but it does rhyme with other trends.
no. if the neo Nazis commonly started marching with any colored/type of dogs and then someone went out and purposely bought that same colored/type of dog and that person had some racists issues in the past, it would be easy to view buying that dog as a symbol of racism.

that is not associating all people who own that type of dog with racism - just that it MIGHT be if they have a bunch of other indications they are racist.
Old 08-01-2019, 10:37 AM   #15
PaulS

Quote:
what code word has he used in the past about blacks? rats? rodents?
infested
Old 08-01-2019, 10:49 AM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
infested
ok. what you’re telling me, is that if a town has a rat problem ( which no one denies baltimore
does), it’s ok if trump says “they have a rat problem”, but racist if he says “it’s rat infested.”. That’s what you’re saying?

you’re better than that.
Old 08-01-2019, 11:09 AM   #17
spence

Quote:
It's worse than just playing a blame game. Everybody know parts of Baltimore struggles with crime and drugs. His remark as a political attack on an opponent doing their job was simply depraved.

Think about an inner city kid looking up to the President of the United States who looks down to bark that your home is disgusting, infested and filthy.

And then Jim runs to his defense citing Orkin statistics. Even take the race issue out of the equation and it's still just pathetic.
Old 08-01-2019, 11:18 AM   #18
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Was it equally as depraved for an elected official to refer to the officers (You know, doing their job) at the border facilities as "Running Concentration Camps"

just wondering what the criteria is that decides when we get to be outraged.

Old 08-01-2019, 11:24 AM   #19
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
I wonder if we are hopelessly broken. Both Sides.
well, we can add the word "infested" to words that are triggering.

Every day there is some new manufactured outrage, from both sides. Got keep everybody arguing amongst themselves

Old 08-01-2019, 11:26 AM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
It's worse than just playing a blame game. Everybody know parts of Baltimore struggles with crime and drugs. His remark as a political attack on an opponent doing their job was simply depraved.

Think about an inner city kid looking up to the President of the United States who looks down to bark that your home is disgusting, infested and filthy.

And then Jim runs to his defense citing Orkin statistics. Even take the race issue out of the equation and it's still just pathetic.
the notion that Cummings is doing his job, well, let’s say it’s debatable. Not to you, because he has a D after his name, therefore he is above reproach.

it’s pathetic all right.

spence, why is it worse for
trump to say baltimore is rat infested, than for Cummings to say it’s drug infested? Please explain...

anyone who “looks up” to a politician, athlete, or entertainer, is begging for disappointment. If you want a hero, go to a public school faculty room, a military base, or a firehouse or police station.
Old 08-01-2019, 12:08 PM   #21
PaulS

Quote:
ok. what you’re telling me, is that if a town has a rat problem ( which no one denies baltimore
does), it’s ok if trump says “they have a rat problem”, but racist if he says “it’s rat infested.”. That’s what you’re saying?

you’re better than that.
You're looking at it in a vacuum and ignoring Trump's past comments and his past racial issues
Old 08-01-2019, 01:53 PM   #22
Sea Dangles

Quote:
infested
So predictable

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 08-01-2019, 02:45 PM   #23
PaulS

Quote:
So predictable
Predictable you as usual have nothing to add. I would be embarrassed to post the things you post
Old 08-01-2019, 03:44 PM   #24
JohnR

Quote:
no. if the neo Nazis commonly started marching with any colored/type of dogs and then someone went out and purposely bought that same colored/type of dog and that person had some racists issues in the past, it would be easy to view buying that dog as a symbol of racism.

that is not associating all people who own that type of dog with racism - just that it MIGHT be if they have a bunch of other indications they are racist.

So if the Neo Nazis decide that the Purple Husky is the new mascot and Joe Smith brings his kid to the local pound and the kid falls in love with the Purple Husky, is the Department of Social Justice Deciders Who Allow Things required to do a background check on Joe Smith to determine his racial history and intent? His kid? Seeing they miss many things as it is, will Joe Smith or his kid get a fair hearing as the DSJDWAT researches and doxxes as they go?

If I fly a Gadsen Flag from my front door and previously bad people (Neo Nazis for example) have flown this flag too, am I a Nazi? Or should I not buy and fly that flag because someone with really bad morals ruined it for everyone?

Neo Nazis already fly the American Flag, and the Betsy Ross Flag - so those are off limits to normal Americans as well as the local Flag Day Parade? Sure glad Nike decided to bitch about it on July 3rd, not on June 13th.

I am This |----| close to buying a First Navy Jack so I can 'Splode some heads and shatter peaceful sleep.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 08-01-2019, 04:36 PM   #25
spence

Quote:
spence, why is it worse for
trump to say baltimore is rat infested, than for Cummings to say it’s drug infested? Please explain...
You keep on focusing on your Orkin study instead of the totality of what Trump actually said.

Cummings was talking about drug use in a setting intended to help the people affected. Not a vindictive political attack intended to smear the population, largely black, as dirty and filthy just like those tropes have been used against the black community since the slave trade.
Old 08-01-2019, 04:39 PM   #26
spence

Quote:
So if the Neo Nazis decide that the Purple Husky is the new mascot and Joe Smith brings his kid to the local pound and the kid falls in love with the Purple Husky, is the Department of Social Justice Deciders Who Allow Things required to do a background check on Joe Smith to determine his racial history and intent? His kid? Seeing they miss many things as it is, will Joe Smith or his kid get a fair hearing as the DSJDWAT researches and doxxes as they go?

If I fly a Gadsen Flag from my front door and previously bad people (Neo Nazis for example) have flown this flag too, am I a Nazi? Or should I not buy and fly that flag because someone with really bad morals ruined it for everyone?

Neo Nazis already fly the American Flag, and the Betsy Ross Flag - so those are off limits to normal Americans as well as the local Flag Day Parade? Sure glad Nike decided to bitch about it on July 3rd, not on June 13th.

I am This |----| close to buying a First Navy Jack so I can 'Splode some heads and shatter peaceful sleep.
If your son decided to make Pepe the Frog a style choice would you be comfortable with that?
Old 08-01-2019, 04:47 PM   #27
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
If your son decided to make Pepe the Frog a style choice would you be comfortable with that?
Only if he had a Qanon hat to go with it...

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 08-01-2019, 04:51 PM   #28
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Only if he had a Qanon hat to go with it...
It was a Pepe the Frog hat. I was assuming a Qanon t-shirt.
Old 08-01-2019, 07:38 PM   #29
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Predictable you as usual have nothing to add. I would be embarrassed to post the things you post
Yet you are proud to label somebody a racist when they use the word infested....as I predicted. Total lightweight move as usual.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 08-01-2019, 07:52 PM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
Yet you are proud to label somebody a racist when they use the word infested....as I predicted. Total lightweight move as usual.
stop using that word! i need a safe space!