Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 08-21-2008, 05:42 PM   #1
tlapinski
All up in the Interweb!

Thumbs up New Metallica song

I have only heard it a few times so far, but I really like it.

http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=601119

Co-Host of The Surfcast Podcast

"Out there in the surf is where it's at, that's where the line gets drawn in the sand between those who talk fishing and those who live it."
- a wise man.

One good fish, a sharpie does not make...

Certified rock hopping billy goat.
tlapinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 05:52 PM   #2
basswipe

Extremely lame.Another "pop metal" album that fits in with the Black Album,Load,Reload and St.Anger.

Metallica officially sucks since And Justice For All.What a disappointment from what was twenty years ago one of the greatest metal bands ever.They are now a truly washed-up band.Sad...very sad.

The whole album is LAME,LAME and LAME.The whole album sucks once again.

You really like that gay-ass tune?Seriously?If you do than the 3rd installment of Unforgiven is for you.Beating a dead horse.

Kill'em All,Master of Puppets,Ride the Lightning and And Justice for All are what real metal is.It scares me that people even think that the crap Metallica is doing these days is even considered metal.

Metallica=Money.Period.Its only about the money.

Last edited by basswipe; 08-21-2008 at 06:10 PM..
basswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 06:43 PM   #3
Uncle Matt

I like the new song as well. I grew up listening to Metallica and I still get excited when I hear them on the radio today. Many of the other bands that I used to listen to like Rush, Ronnie James Dio, Whitesnake, Motley Crue, Skid Row etc have all but faded away. I agree that Metallica music has changed but Christ the band members are what in their 40's now? Time changes everyone....

"Love is like a snowmobile racing across the tundra then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come."
Matt Groening, Life In Hell
Uncle Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 07:03 PM   #4
Uncle Matt

It reminds me of my youth when I had no responsibilities and no bills. The only things I cared about were girls, where the party was and how was I gonna get the beer. Ah good times........

To quote Matt Groening - "Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come."

"Love is like a snowmobile racing across the tundra then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come."
Old 08-21-2008, 07:08 PM   #5
Jenn

I cant listen to anything they did after Justice.....It just doesnt do it for me having been such a "pre Black Album" fan. I wont say their newer stuff is good or not.....I just dont like it myself.

Uh oh---I gotta go pull out the old stuff now. Garage days was always good for getting the blood flowing too....

Simplify.......
Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 07:25 PM   #6
johnny ducketts
><(((°> ><((( °> ><(((°>

ehhh....I don't know about this one.. gimme a little Harvestor of Sorrow anyday of the week. This one just didn't do it for me.

60 % of the time, it works every time.
johnny ducketts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 08:41 PM   #7
Striperknight
Plug Paladin

After they led the MP3 download crap I don't care for them.
oh yea that sappy show with the making of St. Anger
where they were all crying. Boo hooo I'm a millionaire and I can't get along with my bandmates.
Striperknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 10:03 PM   #8
Katie
Scuttlebutt

Send a message via AIM to Katie Send a message via MSN to Katie Send a message via Skype™ to Katie
Okay well, i couldn't skip this post. Just listened to the new song, and i'm not sure if i like it. i'm a Metallica fan, but this new one is just gonna take some time to get used to. Nothing like the older stuff to be honest.

Wasajigifying -[ was - a - jig-i-fy-ing] - the concept of not knowing what the hell your saying.

My Photography Page!
Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 10:49 PM   #9
Mr. Krinkle
Covered in Sawdust

I LIKE IT! Hey, i've been listening to Metallica since I was 4 years old (my brother was a young metal head and is seven years older than me). Like someone said before, it's no Harvester of Sorrow, but I like the way they reverted back to their old style and did the long 8 minute song.

Someone mentioned that it sounded like a song from garage inc. I didn't think so at all. Throughout the whole song Lars was wailin out, and they even had the 80's speed guitar riffs in there. I thought it was much better than the releases from the last few albums!

To all of you hating on Metallica I have one thing to say to you. GET OVER IT! It's not 1986 anymore. Like someone said earlier in the post, people change over time and so do bands. Take a look in the mirror, are you still wearing those tight acid wash jeans. Do you still have feathered hear down the the middle of your shouders? NO (if you do i'm sorry I insulted you). Is Bill Buckner still playing 1st base for the Red Sox! NO . Its almost 2009 and I think Metallica deserves a lot of credit for sticking around and still rockin out!
Mr. Krinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 04:51 AM   #10
Uncle Matt

I'm hoping the mullet makes a comeback because I may finally be in style!

Old 08-22-2008, 07:23 AM   #11
BrianS
Canal Junkie

Send a message via AIM to BrianS
how long since the last album and thats what we get? Further more - how long since the last GOOD album..?

so disappointing...

Someone send them a crate of Jack Daniels.. its their only hope.

aim: SaltedBrian
BrianS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:49 AM   #12
taJon

it seems like when James really tries to sing he just misses. not a big fan of the newer stuff.

boatless................can I have a ride?
taJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:50 AM   #13
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Back then I wanted to come out with "Lars is a Pussy" bumper stickers and sell them at all the college campuses.......bet I would have made a fortune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striperknight View Post
After they led the MP3 download crap I don't care for them.
oh yea that sappy show with the making of St. Anger
where they were all crying. Boo hooo I'm a millionaire and I can't get along with my bandmates.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 08:34 AM   #14
The Iceman 6
Here fishy fishy

Basswipe -

Tell us how you really feel? Don't hold back.

ps: loved your post

Ice
The Iceman 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:53 AM   #15
5 String Bass

The 2nd half of this song is really good. It obviously harkens back to 80s Metallica. The 1st half kinda sucks. The song, as a whole, sounds better than anything on St. Anger- but that's not saying much. I love old Metallica and have been a fan since Ride The Lightning. I, too, couldnt stand the black album and liked load(S) even less. Frig 'em, I'd rather listen to Megadeth any day!
5 String Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:58 AM   #16
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Back then I wanted to come out with "Lars is a Pussy" bumper stickers and sell them at all the college campuses.......bet I would have made a fortune.
Seriuosly! I was a big time Metallica fan since 1984, Kill Em All is still one of my alltime favorite records. I must have saw them a bunch of times. I drifted away after the Enter Sandman period and their MTV fame. When I saw them again it was whining about Napster and I was floored. Here was a band that became hugely popular with little or no radio play. We used to hang out, baked out of our minds, in McDonalds parking lots every Saturday at midnight just to hear Metalzone on 99.1 WPLR in CT. Metallica, Merciful Fatte, Maiden, Anthrax etc. We used to make copies on tapes of all our buddies records and then copies of the copies for other friends, and now there on TV whining about loss of sales???? I lost all respect. Like many rock stars, they forgot their roots. Basswipe is dead on!

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 01:07 PM   #17
Striperknight
Plug Paladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
I would have bought one from you.
Striperknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 01:15 PM   #18
Bocephus

Im with Jenn havent liked anything since Justice Its too bad, they were the baddest band on earth and one of the reasons I picked up a guitar to begin with. The new song is called "The day that never comes", well, that day is the day the band hangs it up. It should be soon, very soon.
Bocephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 08:43 PM   #19
smac

They were some bad MoFO's back in the day. I heard the new song just yesterday. i dunno , didnt really do anytyhing for me.

One of the best shows live that I have seen was Metallica. I "worked" security. I had a chick tell me " I will do anything if you get me back stage" So I pulled her over the rail and brought her back stage. There was nothing back stage but huge speakers, wires and huge equipment cases. She wasnt very happy and wanted to go back to her spot up in front of the stage. Sorry, no dice honey find your own way back. lol.
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 07:16 PM   #20
missing link

Not Metallica at all, actually sucks! I was a fan in the 80's, not anymore!!!! Maybe they need to start drinking and doing drugs again, my O2.
Link

" Happy as a clam at high tide "
missing link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 06:29 PM   #21
basswipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Iceman 6 View Post
Basswipe -

Tell us how you really feel? Don't hold back.

ps: loved your post

Ice
I never hold back when it comes to things I'm truly passionate about.

Metallica.......what a joke they've become.Even the talent is disappearing in that band.Cliff Burton has to be haunting them,its the only reason for such %$%$%$%$ty music because they damn well have struggled since his death with the exception of AJFA.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:48 PM   #22
Tagger
Hydro Orientated Lures

i like the black album .. what ever catergory it fits into .. just saw a vh1 piece on that album .. they busted them on that .. still sells like a million a year .. I'm not a real heavy metal fan although I really like Pantera.. is that metal ? and Ozzy..

Belcher Goonfoock (retired)
(dob 4-21-07)
Tagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 07:29 PM   #23
Adam_777

I remember chanting at a Pantera concert in Boston "Metallica Sucks".They still do!Sold out a while back.... old news.
Adam_777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 07:53 PM   #24
basswipe

Tagger,Pantera IS metal.

RIP Dime.What a waste.