Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-15-2020, 04:29 PM   #1
basswipe

Cannon Hinnant

Not one mention of his assassination on this site by anyone.A 5yr old white child shot point blank in the head by a black man and nothing here.Why?Where's the outrage for this youngster's death?its been enough days and nothing.

Yup,one and done with this post for those wondering.Have a #^&#^&#^&#^&ty day because you deserve it.

Last edited by basswipe; 08-15-2020 at 04:40 PM..
Old 08-15-2020, 04:38 PM   #2
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by basswipe View Post
Not one mention of his assassination on this site by anyone.A 5yr old white child shot point blank in the head by a black man and nothing here.Why?

Yup,one and done with this post.Good day.
I don't think there's any evidence race played any part of this crime. It's heartbreaking but looks like the perp snapped.
Old 08-15-2020, 04:42 PM   #3
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I don't think there's any evidence race played any part of this crime. It's heartbreaking but looks like the perp snapped.
well...they were two different races so that's basically the media's standard for race playing a part...sooooo...
Old 08-15-2020, 04:46 PM   #4
basswipe

Quote:
Ok so two and done.

If it had been the opposite every city in this country would have been in flames,oh that's right that already happened.Like Biden says:"C'MON MAN!"
Old 08-15-2020, 05:20 PM   #5
spence

Quote:
Ok so two and done.

If it had been the opposite every city in this country would have been in flames,oh that's right that already happened.Like Biden says:"C'MON MAN!"
The guy was crazy, I don't think you can say the same of white on black premeditated murder like Ahmaud Arbery.
Old 08-15-2020, 05:26 PM   #6
scottw

Quote:
Ok so two and done.

yup
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	download (1).jpeg
Views:	413
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	67274  
Old 08-15-2020, 06:27 PM   #7
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
There was no evidence race played a part in George Floyd’s death, yet here we are...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 08-15-2020, 06:58 PM   #8
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
There was no evidence race played a part in George Floyd’s death, yet here we are...
And this is exactly why we have protests.
Old 08-15-2020, 07:10 PM   #9
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
And this is exactly why we have protests.
Sooooo.....you got nothing, typical

Old 08-15-2020, 07:53 PM   #10
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Sooooo.....you got nothing, typical
Drink some more scotch, it may open the mind up.
Old 08-15-2020, 08:01 PM   #11
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Drink some more scotch, it may open the mind up.
Whiskey Brambles tonight....

...and you still got nothing

Old 08-15-2020, 10:11 PM   #12
wdmso

Quote:
Not one mention of his assassination on this site by anyone.A 5yr old white child shot point blank in the head by a black man and nothing here.Why?Where's the outrage for this youngster's death?its been enough days and nothing.

Yup,one and done with this post for those wondering.Have a #^&#^&#^&#^&ty day because you deserve it.
Where were you 3 days ago when it happened?

And all the coverage was universal that it was f up. And the guy should rot in hell

Your only outraged because you and some others see white cop kill black man and black man kills white child as some how the same?

And the responses should be the same

2 mins ago i put on Fox and watters world ? And suprise suprise hes going on about weres the outrage for this littleboy and how its by design of the mainstream media and their agenda... fox conspiracy theory 24hrs a day

Last edited by wdmso; 08-15-2020 at 10:27 PM..
Old 08-15-2020, 10:52 PM   #13
wdmso

It's this easy to understand
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5883.png
Views:	419
Size:	687.7 KB
ID:	67275  
Old 08-16-2020, 04:30 AM   #14
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
It's this easy to understand
this is incredibly stupid.....
Old 08-16-2020, 07:23 AM   #15
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
this is incredibly stupid.....
What? is is what it is

White people outraged that there are no protests or the media isn't covering enough?

How about basswipe and all these other people outraged by this start a protest take to the street make signs start a movement....

Because like my little cartoon strip exposed .. the only real outrage they wish to Express is that was a black man killed a white little boy..

And they cant accept the facts that the George floyd protests weren't just about Floyd, they were bigger than that ... that's why they were world wide and when the right cant argue the facts.. they present these false equivalencies or just call things stupid
Old 08-16-2020, 07:34 AM   #16
scottw

Quote:

Because like my little cartoon strip exposed ..
it exposed that you are clueless...nobody is calling for protests....many are pointing out the fact that the media typically salivates over the opportunity to report tragedies like this particularly when they involve kids and guns...yet, in this instance, not so much...the reasons are obvious...if the races were reversed it would be a "racial" incident and white supremacy and the media would be full speed turning over every rock to show motive and fan flames of division.....your cartoon is foolish
Old 08-16-2020, 08:36 AM   #17
spence

Quote:
it exposed that you are clueless...nobody is calling for protests....many are pointing out the fact that the media typically salivates over the opportunity to report tragedies like this particularly when they involve kids and guns...yet, in this instance, not so much...the reasons are obvious...if the races were reversed it would be a "racial" incident and white supremacy and the media would be full speed turning over every rock to show motive and fan flames of division.....your cartoon is foolish
That’s a lot of words to say spot on.
Old 08-16-2020, 08:36 AM   #18
wdmso

Quote:
Not as foolish as your typical right leaning response. The idea this the media that

Yet the story was covered by all media outlets , and guess who's coverage has the outrage and is salivating over this storie in the manner you suggest. FOX and any other right leaning blog FB post or the person who started the thread upset of the lack of outrage over the incident on this forum from others , when he could have posted days ago when it happen .

From the OP. "white child shot point blank in the head by a black man and nothing here.Why?Where's the outrage "

It's not the child was killed which produced this outrage its black man kills white child that's the outrage .. and it's in black and white you read it and insist it's the BS you responded with ..
Old 08-16-2020, 08:58 AM   #19
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

I wonder if any celebrities will pony up the cash for this little boys 3 funerals.

He’s going to get three funerals, isn’t he?

Hopefully at least one, or will the family have to wait until there’s a vaccine.
Old 08-16-2020, 09:09 AM   #20
scottw

Quote:

From the OP. "white child shot point blank in the head by a black man and nothing here.Why?Where's the outrage "

It's not the child was killed which produced this outrage its black man kills white child that's the outrage ..
no, there's been little outrage and almost no coverage....because it doesn't fit the current media narrative...this time....if the media weren't so focused on destroying this country in other ways they'd be screaming for gun control and money for mental health....the outrage is that the media completely ignores a story like this(until very recently when called on it) for political reasons...it's criminal and I completely understand that you were simply triggered by the red hat in the cartoon
Old 08-16-2020, 10:09 AM   #21
wdmso

Quote:
no, there's been little outrage and almost no coverage....because it doesn't fit the current media narrative...this time....if the media weren't so focused on destroying this country in other ways they'd be screaming for gun control and money for mental health....the outrage is that the media completely ignores a story like this(until very recently when called on it) for political reasons...it's criminal and I completely understand that you were simply triggered by the red hat in the cartoon
Scott all you ever have is it's the democratic fault it's the medias fault its sciences fault on and on with nothing substantial to back it up . Other than parroting Trumps talking points or one line drive bys

if the media weren't so focused on destroying this country. Wow another conspericy... shocking

And if the red hat fits wear it
Old 08-16-2020, 11:07 AM   #22
wdmso

Conservative Americans claimed the mainstream news media (apart from Fox News) schemed to keep the death of Cannon Hinnant quiet.

In August 2020, conservative Americans launched a social media campaign to call attention to the shooting death of 5-year-old Cannon Hinnant in North Carolina — a murder of a white child they claimed received little media attention compared to the recent killings of Black men by American police.

A Black man was charged in North Carolina in the killing of Cannon Hinnant, a 5-year-old white boy, and except for Fox News, mainstream news media outlets purposely ignored it to further a predetermined racial narrative.

What's True
Darius Sessoms, who is Black, has been charged in the fatal shooting of 5-year-old Cannon Hinnant on Aug. 9, 2020, according to police statements.

What's False
However, no evidence has demonstrated a pattern of ignoring the crime on the part of mainstream news media outlets, much less doing so to further a predetermined racial narrative.

But hea again why should facts matter ... who's pushing predetermined racial narrative..? . conservatives ....surprise surprise....
Old 08-16-2020, 11:14 AM   #23
spence

Quote:
no, there's been little outrage and almost no coverage....because it doesn't fit the current media narrative...this time....
The story is tragic but otherwise not that noteworthy. Tragedy happens all the time and you never hear about it.

Now dragging the poor kids death into the culture war...that's tragic and noteworthy. I'm sure his family really appreciates it.
Old 08-16-2020, 11:16 AM   #24
detbuch

Quote:

Because like my little cartoon strip exposed .. the only real outrage they wish to Express is that was a black man killed a white little boy..

No, the real outrage, what little there is, was that a black person killing a white person is treated as a local homicide. As it should be. And no big deal is made about it in the media. When a white kills a black, there is a call for investigations of racism, accusations by social justice orgs of racism. Media hype and calls for the end of "systemic racism"--white privilege--white nationalism, white power terrorism.

And they cant accept the facts that the George floyd protests weren't just about Floyd, they were bigger than that ... that's why they were world wide and when the right cant argue the facts.. they present these false equivalencies or just call things stupid
The questions your dog asks the white man in a red hat, could have been asked a black person re the killing of Floyd, and the dog could have responded with the same "so . . . what would we need to protest for."

You say the protests weren't just about Floyd. Well it's not just about Cannon Hinnant, either. The fact is that Blacks kill whites at a far greater ratio than vice versa. And Black cops kill blacks, but if a white officer is not involved in that, no big deal is made. But black on white killing is just local homicide and treated as local police enforcement and local prosecution. As it should be.

I may be wrong, but I believe that if there was equal response to interracial murder, there would be little to no white resentment. In fact, if there were equal response in a lot of societal things involving race, there probably would be even less of a desire by some whites to be "alt right."
Old 08-16-2020, 11:24 AM   #25
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
I may be wrong, but I believe that if there was equal response to interracial murder, there would be little to no white resentment. In fact, if there were equal response in a lot of societal things involving race, there probably would be even less of a desire by some whites to be "alt right."
I think you're missing the fact that the protests are really about systemic issues of race and persons in positions of authority potentially abusing said authority.
Old 08-16-2020, 11:42 AM   #26
scottw

Quote:
Scott all you ever have is it's the democratic fault it's the medias fault its sciences fault on and on with nothing substantial to back it up . Other than parroting Trumps talking points or one line drive bys

:
you are projecting....
Old 08-16-2020, 11:42 AM   #27
scottw

Quote:
I think you're missing the fact that the protests are really about systemic issues of race and persons in positions of authority potentially abusing said authority.
no they aren't...
Old 08-16-2020, 11:59 AM   #28
scottw

Quote:
The story is tragic but otherwise not that noteworthy..
yeah,,,when a guy puts a gun to a little kid's head and pulls the trigger it's hardly noteworthy...happens nearly every day...
Old 08-16-2020, 12:05 PM   #29
spence

Quote:
yeah,,,when a guy puts a gun to a little kid's head and pulls the trigger it's hardly noteworthy...happens nearly every day...
6500 deaths by firearm of kids 5-14 between 1999 and 2017.

So 6500/18=361 deaths per year...or...as you so eloquently put it..."nearly every day."
Old 08-16-2020, 12:22 PM   #30
detbuch

Quote:
6500 deaths by firearm of kids 5-14 between 1999 and 2017.

So 6500/18=361 deaths per year...or...as you so eloquently put it..."nearly every day."
You forgot the part where a guy puts a gun to a little kid's head and pulls the trigger