Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-23-2020, 11:28 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Israel normalizing relations with Sudan

There's been some progress in the middle east in the past two years. More than Biden has done in 47 years.
Old 10-23-2020, 11:42 AM   #2
Jim in CT

I thought walking away from the Iran nuke deal was going to cause that region to descend into chaos.
Old 10-23-2020, 11:50 AM   #3
wdmso

President Trump announced on Monday over Twitter that he will lift the terrorist designation as soon as Sudan deposits a payment of $335 million in compensation to victims, and their families, of attacks on U.S. Embassies in Kenya and Tanzania in 1998

Transactional
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-23-2020, 11:57 AM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump: “Do you think Sleepy Joe could have made this deal, Bibi, Sleepy Joe?”

Israeli PM Netanyahu: "Uh ... well ... Mr. President, one thing I can tell you is we appreciate the help for peace from anyone in America."

Apparently Bibi knows how to read a poll as well as anyone.
Old 10-23-2020, 12:15 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
President Trump announced on Monday over Twitter that he will lift the terrorist designation as soon as Sudan deposits a payment of $335 million in compensation to victims, and their families, of attacks on U.S. Embassies in Kenya and Tanzania in 1998

Transactional
SO asking Sudan to make compensate victims, isn't appropriate in your eyes? Interesting...

What has Biden done in the middle east, that compares to what trump has done?
Old 10-23-2020, 01:09 PM   #6
scottw

how bitter are the libs?

trump gets another historic peace deal this afternoon..

biden working his way through an adult coloring book this afternoon...
Old 10-23-2020, 01:22 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:

Transactional
so....given that Obama's Iran deal involved the US sending a jumbo jet full of money to Iran...did you call that deal "transactional"? Or did you get weak in the knees at how brilliant it was?
Old 10-23-2020, 01:23 PM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Trump: “Do you think Sleepy Joe could have made this deal, Bibi, Sleepy Joe?”

Israeli PM Netanyahu: "Uh ... well ... Mr. President, one thing I can tell you is we appreciate the help for peace from anyone in America."

Apparently Bibi knows how to read a poll as well as anyone.
Are these agreements made in the last year, a big deal?
Old 10-23-2020, 01:27 PM   #9
Pete F.
Canceled

What did he give the Saudi’s for it?
Sources in Sudan and Egypt have revealed that Saudi Arabia is to pay $335 million to the US in order to accelerate normalisation of ties between the government in Khartoum and Israel, Safa news agency reported on Wednesday.

According to media reports, Saudi Arabia’s de facto ruler, Crown Prince Mohammad Bin Salman, intervened after US President Donald Trump set a condition that Sudan has to pay compensation to American victims of terror before removing its name from the US list of states which sponsor terrorism. The compensation being paid is to go to the families and victims of the 1998 US Embassy bombing in East Africa and the attack on the USS Cole, a guided-missile destroyer, off the coast of Yemen in 2000.

On Monday, Trump tweeted: “GREAT news! New government of Sudan, which is making great progress, agreed to pay $335 MILLION to US terror victims and families. Once deposited, I will lift Sudan from the State Sponsors of Terrorism list. At long last, JUSTICE for the American people and BIG step for Sudan!”

Sudan has agreed previously to normalise ties with Israel in return for the removal of its name from the terrorism list, but its agreement was hit by Trump’s condition about compensation. However, the sources who spoke to Al-Araby Al-Jadeed said that the money would not be paid by Sudan itself as Sudanese Prime Minister Abdullah Hamdok had said, but by Riyadh.
Old 10-23-2020, 01:38 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Sources in Sudan and Egypt have revealed that Saudi Arabia is to pay $335 million to the US in order to accelerate normalisation of ties between the government in Khartoum and Israel, Safa news agency reported on Wednesday.

According to media reports, Saudi Arabia’s de facto ruler, Crown Prince Mohammad Bin Salman, intervened after US President Donald Trump set a condition that Sudan has to pay compensation to American victims of terror before removing its name from the US list of states which sponsor terrorism. The compensation being paid is to go to the families and victims of the 1998 US Embassy bombing in East Africa and the attack on the USS Cole, a guided-missile destroyer, off the coast of Yemen in 2000.

On Monday, Trump tweeted: “GREAT news! New government of Sudan, which is making great progress, agreed to pay $335 MILLION to US terror victims and families. Once deposited, I will lift Sudan from the State Sponsors of Terrorism list. At long last, JUSTICE for the American people and BIG step for Sudan!”

Sudan has agreed previously to normalise ties with Israel in return for the removal of its name from the terrorism list, but its agreement was hit by Trump’s condition about compensation. However, the sources who spoke to Al-Araby Al-Jadeed said that the money would not be paid by Sudan itself as Sudanese Prime Minister Abdullah Hamdok had said, but by Riyadh.
maybe that's all Russian misionformation
Old 10-23-2020, 02:14 PM   #11
spence

Quote:
Probably payback for not doing anything about the assassination of Jamal Khassogi.
Old 10-23-2020, 02:17 PM   #12
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
maybe that's all Russian misionformation
you can really feel the enthusiasm and excitement for a biden presidency ....can't you?
Old 10-23-2020, 02:18 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Probably payback for not doing anything about the assassination of Jamal Khassogi.
Wow, the guy who doesn't have a side, once again just happens to oppose the Republican president. Just a coincidence.
Old 10-23-2020, 03:26 PM   #14
wdmso

Quote:
SO asking Sudan to make compensate victims, isn't appropriate in your eyes? Interesting...

What has Biden done in the middle east, that compares to what trump has done?
not sure where you got that from

what good is money if their behavior hasn't changed? so Trump pay us and we'll take you off the list of state sponsored terrorism

transactional
Old 10-23-2020, 03:40 PM   #15
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Trump looking for a win, hit Wikipedia for civilian and military deaths for Israel and it’s nothing compared to the death toll this virus has and will have right here at home. Middle East unrest is timeless and sure it would be a good thing for that to get resolved and I’d like to win the lottery too, but I doubt either will happen in my life time.
Old 10-23-2020, 03:43 PM   #16
spence

Quote:
Wow, the guy who doesn't have a side, once again just happens to oppose the Republican president. Just a coincidence.
Has nothing to do with politics, it's about right and wrong.
Old 10-23-2020, 03:49 PM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
not sure where you got that from

what good is money if their behavior hasn't changed? so Trump pay us and we'll take you off the list of state sponsored terrorism

transactional
you know their behavior hasnt changed? tell
me, what acts of terror have they sponsored in the last couple of days?
Old 10-23-2020, 03:49 PM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Has nothing to do with politics, it's about right and wrong.
obviously it has nothing to do with politics! you’re totally apolitical.
Old 10-23-2020, 08:16 PM   #19
wdmso

Quote:
you know their behavior hasnt changed? tell
me, what acts of terror have they sponsored in the last couple of days?
Do you know ? Whats changed. Where's the backstop. They want off the list for certain reason .. I am all for treating countrys favorable if they have changed. But i haven't seen any discussions on what benches they've meet.. just pay us and we'll do this.. 12 days before an election
Old 10-24-2020, 06:38 AM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
Do you know ? Whats changed. Where's the backstop. They want off the list for certain reason .. I am all for treating countrys favorable if they have changed. But i haven't seen any discussions on what benches they've meet.. just pay us and we'll do this.. 12 days before an election
oh, you haven’t seen they’ve changed. well the israeli government feels they have, and perhaps they know a tad more than you, and for sure they have skin in the game so they don’t want to be wrong.

the day after obama signed the iran deal, had you already been convinced that iran had changed? or do you only care about the party of the president involved?
Old 10-24-2020, 08:00 AM   #21
wdmso

Quote:
so....given that Obama's Iran deal involved the US sending a jumbo jet full of money to Iran...did you call that deal "transactional"? Or did you get weak in the knees at how brilliant it was?
Still pushing conspiracies whos money did we give. Oh thats right it was their own

And who was involved in the Iran deal. Our allies

Again your superpower is making 2 different events some. how the same
Old 10-24-2020, 08:08 AM   #22
wdmso

Quote:
oh, you haven’t seen they’ve changed. well the israeli government feels they have, and perhaps they know a tad more than you, and for sure they have skin in the game so they don’t want to be wrong.

the day after obama signed the iran deal, had you already been convinced that iran had changed? or do you only care about the party of the president involved?
Last time I checked i live in America not Iseral so I really don't care how they feel

But again the Iran deal had backstop goals and time lines built in and now you have nothing

But thats why you support Trump. You think no plan is better than having a plan

U.S. Records Highest Number Of Coronavirus Cases In 1 Day Since Pandemic Began. No plan

Health care no plan

Wow Sudan such a great accomplishment. Wish Trump cared so much for all Americans as he does israeli. Big picture Jim. 12 days before an election another Trump stunt distraction
Old 10-24-2020, 08:18 AM   #23
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Jim and Scott are as desperate for a win as Trump is, look at the photo op for this crap, all the good little arse kissers all lined up shoulder to shoulder with no masks on, but for one pregnant women who opted to protect herself from the idiots in the room. My guess is if not for the pregnancy, Trump would instruct her to get rid of the mask or leave the room, I need to project strength and solidarity (aka stupidity).
Old 10-24-2020, 08:32 AM   #24
wdmso

Some details left out by Jim

With the Sudanese public largely opposed to normalization of ties with Israel, the country’s unelected transitional government sought to have Trump sign the terrorism delisting as a first step. The sanctions that accompanied the listing had sharply restricted Sudan’s ability to make dollar transactions and receive aid and investment.

Hamdok has said that any change in his country’s diplomatic status with Israel will have to go before a legislative body that does not yet exist.

The real reason this was pushed. With a government with no legitimacy.

Those supporters include conservative Jewish Republicans who make up an important part of Trump’s political base in Florida, a linchpin to his reelection effort next
month.

Its so obvious Jim doesn't read beyond the headlines ever
Old 10-24-2020, 08:43 AM   #25
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

If your spoon fed by the right what would you expect.
Old 10-24-2020, 09:05 AM   #26
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

Scott are as desperate for a win as Trump is,
you don't pay attention...I'm half rooting for weekend at biden's because he would be tremendously entertaining
Old 10-24-2020, 01:23 PM   #27
wdmso

February 2020, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and the Chairman of the Sovereignty Council of Sudan, Abdel Fattah al-Burhan, met in Uganda, where they agreed to normalize the ties between the two countries.[8] Later that month, Israeli planes were allowed to fly over Sudan.[9]

So this happen 9 months ago they had this agreement and Trumps holds a press conference.. in October 12 days before an election... selling it as a recent break Thru

TRUMPS a classic carpet bagger
Old 10-24-2020, 01:28 PM   #28
scottw

Quote:
February 2020, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and the Chairman of the Sovereignty Council of Sudan, Abdel Fattah al-Burhan, met in Uganda, where they agreed to normalize the ties between the two countries.[8] Later that month, Israeli planes were allowed to fly over Sudan.[9]

So this happen 9 months ago they had this agreement and Trumps holds a press conference.. in October 12 days before an election... selling it as a recent break Thru

TRUMPS a classic carpet bagger
do you know what carpet bagger means?
Old 10-24-2020, 02:34 PM   #29
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
do you know what carpet bagger means?
The definition doesn’t really fit the action, let’s just call a con artist by the correct name, sadly there are idiots that buy into this as a wonderful a Trump accomplishment. He really is reaching now and with daily deaths at all time highs, he continues to suggest we almost have this licked. I hope it’s almost time to get that prison jump suit sized for him, it really is where so many people and companies feel he belongs after decades of con jobs.
Old 10-24-2020, 03:53 PM   #30
wdmso

Did you think i was referring to the civil war example?

person perceived as an unscrupulous opportunist.

I am i wrong