Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-26-2022, 12:40 AM   #1
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
We all know you’re not a compassionate caring person

You can’t even acknowledge it’s pathetic D. I. C. K move .

Not surprisingly really seeing you support such behavior from your cowardly politicians ..
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

I could care less about them.
So how many you taking in since you care so much ????????

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 12-26-2022, 09:37 AM   #2
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
And that’s the that’s the classic deflection across the Maga universe. How many are you taking in?

But that’s not what we’re talking about. We’re talking about the treatment of a human being

Not surprising you don’t know the difference between caring and compassion. Or right and wrong

Like said look at the politicians you support
Old 12-26-2022, 09:59 AM   #3
PaulS

Quote:
Given that you could care less shows your lack of compassion - glad you admit it. However, an individual not taking in someone who they don't know doesn't show a lack of compassion.
Old 12-26-2022, 03:36 PM   #4
Raider Ronnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Given that you could care less shows your lack of compassion - glad you admit it. However, an individual not taking in someone who they don't know doesn't show a lack of compassion.

I never said different.
They are here Illegal and I could care less about taking care of them.
You guys that are “compassionate and caring “ need to put your $ where your mouths are and take them in but just like the politicians (both sides of the isle) want them in someone else’s back yard, not yours.

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 12-26-2022, 04:17 PM   #5
wdmso

Quote:
I never said different.
They are here Illegal and I could care less about taking care of them.
You guys that are “compassionate and caring “ need to put your $ where your mouths are and take them in but just like the politicians (both sides of the isle) want them in someone else’s back yard, not yours.
They are here Illegal

Again you show Us how uninformed you are….

If they didn’t have legal status Abbott couldn’t have put them on a bus In The 1st place
Old 12-26-2022, 04:31 PM   #6
Raider Ronnie

Quote:
They are here Illegal

Again you show Us how uninformed you are….

If they didn’t have legal status Abbott couldn’t have put them on a bus In The 1st place

How many times do I need to ask the question ????
How many are you taking in ???????????

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 12-26-2022, 06:47 PM   #7
PaulS

Quote:
Why does he need to take anybody in? That's not a demonstration of compassion that anyone would expect. But again from your prior comments I don't think you understand what compassion is. How sad. Trying to make a political Point by intentionally hurt people is unbelievable.
Old 12-26-2022, 08:10 PM   #8
wdmso

Quote:
Taking is as many as you . Zero

Just I am not the one being a douche .
Thinking manipulating humans and treating people like animals for political props is acceptable so I guess I am Guilty of compassion

If the have their hearing and they can’t stay . And get sent back so be it.. that’s the law
Old 12-26-2022, 08:16 PM   #9
Raider Ronnie

Quote:
Taking is as many as you . Zero

Just I am not the one being a douche .
Thinking manipulating humans and treating people like animals for political props is acceptable so I guess I am Guilty of compassion

If the have their hearing and they can’t stay . And get sent back so be it.. that’s the law

Go ahead and admit it.
Not in my backyard but you think it’s ok to dump all over the country where you and those that think like you are not effected !

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 12-27-2022, 08:51 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
I agree 100% with what you said.

But Paul, why should southern states bear the overwhelming majority of this burden? If the left advocates for open borders and sanctuary cities, shouldn't the left WANT these people in their communities?

I'm not saying you or Wayne should let these people live in your house to practice what you preach. But if your side actually believes what you claim to believe (instead of engaging in empty, unprincipled, woke virtue-signaling), then the communities which advocate for this, would insist on paying taxes to build enclaves where these immigrants can live.

Just last week, the mayor of NYC announced he may have to cut vital social services to tax paying New Yorkers, and divert that cash to take care of the larger-than-typical number of illegals living there.

If NYC can't handle a few more, how are the citizens in AZ and TX supposed to respond to the avalanche they deal with every day?

As you are fond of pointing out, the red southern states are poorer than northern blue states. Given that, how are they supposed to deal with this?

It just really looks like your side likes to look good by advocating for open borders and establishing sanctuary cities, but then they get angry when faced with the real, inevitable consequences of that policy.

I'm anti abortion. If abortion were ever outlawed (and it won't be), I'd be thrilled to pay more in taxes to build whatever facilities are needed to care for the larger number of babies that would then exist. I don't see liberals thrilled at the prospect of stepping up and accepting responsibility for the inevitable results of what they claim to advocate here. They want open borders, but they want someone else to deal with it. Wayne clearly expects someone else to deal with it, as did the swells on Marthas Vineyard.
Old 12-27-2022, 11:43 AM   #11
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
But Paul, why should southern states bear the overwhelming majority of this burden?
Never said that they should and I can understand them sending busloads of people north but they are doing it in a way that inflicts maximum hurt on those people. NYC mayor adams asked to be notified when the buses would arrive and they won't do it. What is the downside to doing it other than it doesn't inflict as much damage on those people.
Old 12-28-2022, 08:10 AM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
Never said that they should and I can understand them sending busloads of people north but they are doing it in a way that inflicts maximum hurt on those people. NYC mayor adams asked to be notified when the buses would arrive and they won't do it. What is the downside to doing it other than it doesn't inflict as much damage on those people.
i didn’t mean to claim you think they should ( i’m confident you don’t believe that, but wayne thinks that, because he thinks the crisis is all a right wing myth) but the fact is, they are. They bear the brunt of this. it’s not even close to fair.

havent the feds bussed and flown these people around in the middle of the night as well? but that’s ok?

Agreed, they should be told they’re coming. That’s not much to ask!

Every state should have to take a proportionate share. Nothing unfair about that. But the islanders on the Vineyard had no interest in that. They claim they have no infrastructure for them. Who does?

Hard to believe we can’t agree that it’s a good idea to have a sealed up border. But the two sides can’t agree even in that.

Anyway hope you guys had a good holiday and enjoy an awesome 2023.
Old 12-28-2022, 09:25 AM   #13
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

Every state should have to take a proportionate share. Nothing unfair about that. But the islanders on the Vineyard had no interest in that. They claim they have no infrastructure for them. Who does?

Hard to believe we can’t agree that it’s a good idea to have a sealed up border. But the two sides can’t agree even in that.
But if Abbott sent EVERY busload to the vineyard you and Ronnie's arguement seem to be that they should ALL be allowed to stay there.

Both sides need to agree on comprehensive immigration reform from border security to visas to allowing PHD students we train to stay here - and more.
Old 12-28-2022, 09:37 AM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
But if Abbott sent EVERY busload to the vineyard you and Ronnie's arguement seem to be that they should ALL be allowed to stay there.

Both sides need to agree on comprehensive immigration reform from border security to visas to allowing PHD students we train to stay here - and more.
i’d never seriously say that martha’s vineyard should take them all. They couldn’t come close to all fitting there. But the optics were pretty funny that the wealthiest liberals to be found who advocate for these policies, called in the military to get them the hell off their little exclusive island enclave. “not in my backyard” kind of a thing.

Paul, i have said many times the GOP is too pigheaded and extremist when it comes to guns. I’d say the same thing about democrats when it comes to border security.

If people like you were in congress, you’d figure it out before lunch on the first day. Because it’s not hard to figure out border security if you are guided by logic rather than by partisan rhetoric. I’d bet there are very few western developed nations that are as far away as we are, from dealing with it. Because we elect whores instead of problem
solvers, and that applies to both sides.