Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2017, 07:47 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Back from a week at the Cape

Honest, I don't know how people bear coming back from that place and going to work the next day. It's so awesome.

Spent a week in northern Wellfleet with my family and mother in law.

Spent a lot of time at Head of The Meadow and First Encounter in Eastham. Saw Head of the Meadow get closed because of a shark sighting. Saw seals every day, all day long. Also saw some schools of sand eels getting eaten by what looked like big stripers, all day one day, very close to shore, at Head of the Meadow.

Love some of the restaurants out there. Johnny D turned me on to a place in Truro called Savory, awesome wood-fired pizza, and maybe the best ice cream I have ever had. Great cannolis, too. Oysters and mini golf at Arnolds. An awesome bbq joint on Route 6 near Marconi beach, man their smoked brisket is awesome. GREAT fried clam bellies at Moby #^&#^&#^&#^&s.

Took in an Orleans Firebirds game, becoming one of my favorite things to do out there.

One rainy day, we took a tour of the Cape Cod potato chip factory, kids loved it.

Didn't fish, but we did spend a couple of hours on a lobster boat out of p-town, that might be my favorite thing to do on the cape. He lets my kids haul the traps, band the keepers, drive the boat. My ten year old took this beast out of a trap by himself. This trip is like a living biology class, so awesome, and only $35 a person. HIGHLY recommend, captain is Chris Townsend in p-town, nicest guy you could hope to meet.

I cannot believe how much I love it there. Very envious of those that get out there often. I could see retiring out there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg j lobster.jpg (72.9 KB, 55 views)
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote