Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-15-2019, 08:12 AM   #1
wdmso

Senate Rep vote with dems over Emergency

Again another storie oddly absent in Political Threads

it will be vetoed no doubt and end up in court ,,, the Rinos comments have been already being used to attack those Republicans who voted against it many on principled arguments ...

Like Kasich said 'Put country over party'

I know some dont like Cut and Paste it provides to much information i guess?

Article 1 of the Constitution, Section 9 that gives the legislative branch specific powers.

No money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:28 AM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Again another storie oddly absent in Political Threads

it will be vetoed no doubt and end up in court ,,, the Rinos comments have been already being used to attack those Republicans who voted against it many on principled arguments ...

Like Kasich said 'Put country over party'

I know some dont like Cut and Paste it provides to much information i guess?

Article 1 of the Constitution, Section 9 that gives the legislative branch specific powers.

No money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law.
It was a rebuke of Trump, no doubt. He will veto, no doubt, as most of the people who voted for him, would want him to do. If it's unconstitutional, the courts will block him. That's exactly how the system is supposed to work.

I see you didn't post anything about the elderly woman in CA who was brutally murdered by an illegal, who was arrested for drugs, ICE asked the county to hold him for them, the county refuse, and as a direct result of that sanctuary policy, she is dead.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:07 AM   #3
Sea Dangles

This is how it works,Trump has been putting country over party since he was elected.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 03-15-2019, 09:30 AM   #4
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
This is how it works,Trump has been putting country over party since he was elected.
Ya ok ! More like Him 1st and base 2nd before country

And seems he also thinks he has muscle on the ground to take care of his political enemy’s

I can tell you I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump – I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough — until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad.
Old 03-15-2019, 10:01 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:

And seems he also thinks he has muscle on the ground to take care of his political enemy’s

I can tell you I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump – I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough — until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad.
sometimes a president will overstep, and that’s why we have courts. do you think the supreme court never struck down anything obama ever did? Hobby Lobby and catholic nuns successfully suedmibama in the supreme court, who ruled obama was violating their civil rights.
Old 03-15-2019, 10:30 AM   #6
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
It was a rebuke of Trump, no doubt. He will veto, no doubt, as most of the people who voted for him, would want him to do. If it's unconstitutional, the courts will block him. That's exactly how the system is supposed to work.

I see you didn't post anything about the elderly woman in CA who was brutally murdered by an illegal, who was arrested for drugs, ICE asked the county to hold him for them, the county refuse, and as a direct result of that sanctuary policy, she is dead.

nor

Trump Administration Cuts The Size Of Fines For Health Violations In Nursing Homes

but once again the Two things are not remotely the same are they
Old 03-15-2019, 10:31 AM   #7
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
sometimes a president will overstep, and that’s why we have courts. do you think the supreme court never struck down anything obama ever did? Hobby Lobby and catholic nuns successfully suedmibama in the supreme court, who ruled obama was violating their civil rights.
again confusing topics shocking
Old 03-15-2019, 12:07 PM   #8
Sea Dangles

Quote:

You are his base,strengthening and unifying it on a daily basis. Unfortunately,not even clever enough to understand why.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 03-15-2019, 06:04 PM   #9
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
I’d like to understand how pathological dishonesty from the most powerful person on the planet is in any way in the best interest of our country.
Old 03-15-2019, 06:55 PM   #10
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I’d like to understand how pathological dishonesty from the most powerful person on the planet is in any way in the best interest of our country.
His "dishonesty" is not pathological. According to a prominent political psychologist,"Pathological means that someone is going to go from one lie to the next to the next, possibly without control," and according to this psychologist, who rather sees "him as a master manipulator. He's deliberate in his fabrication," or, per Widipedia, "Pathological lying can be described as a habituation of lying. It is when an individual consistently lies for no personal gain."

I suppose that well placed fabrications can be in the best interest of our country. Just about all politicians and most world leaders seem to think so. They consistently fabricate narratives that favor what they wish to achieve when it is necessary either to get votes, or to persuade whomever they debate or negotiate with.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:13 PM   #11
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
His "dishonesty" is not pathological. According to a prominent political psychologist,"Pathological means that someone is going to go from one lie to the next to the next, possibly without control," and according to this psychologist, who rather sees "him as a master manipulator. He's deliberate in his fabrication," or, per Widipedia, "Pathological lying can be described as a habituation of lying. It is when an individual consistently lies for no personal gain."

I suppose that well placed fabrications can be in the best interest of our country. Just about all politicians and most world leaders seem to think so. They consistently fabricate narratives that favor what they wish to achieve when it is necessary either to get votes, or to persuade whomever they debate or negotiate with.
I almost just threw up. Are you ok?
Old 03-15-2019, 09:01 PM   #12
detbuch

Quote:
Your the one who needed to heave. I'm fine.
Old 03-16-2019, 07:55 AM   #13
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
It happens when you are drunk on the Trump coolaid, it allows you to ingnore the means, if it justifys the ends. It narrows you focus, so you don’t see anything outside the narrow vision the coolaid produces and things are reversed in your mind; loosing becomes winning, wrong becomes right, lying becomes truth.
Old 03-16-2019, 09:40 AM   #14
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
It happens when you are drunk on the Trump coolaid, it allows you to ingnore the means, if it justifys the ends. It narrows you focus, so you don’t see anything outside the narrow vision the coolaid produces and things are reversed in your mind; loosing becomes winning, wrong becomes right, lying becomes truth.
Could you specify the means and ends you're referring to? Could you narrow your focus on those means and ends so that I can better know the coolaid I'm drinking? Then I will be able to see things as clearly as you do.
Old 03-16-2019, 11:09 PM   #15
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Could you specify the means and ends you're referring to? Could you narrow your focus on those means and ends so that I can better know the coolaid I'm drinking? Then I will be able to see things as clearly as you do.
It’s much better to just sit back, put your feet up and enjoy it than to try to figure out why it’s bad for you.

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Old 03-17-2019, 07:00 AM   #16
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
It’s much better to just sit back, put your feet up and enjoy it than to try to figure out why it’s bad for you.
I think it's much better to do both. Might take a little more gumption, but lazy can make you stupid.
Old 03-18-2019, 02:53 PM   #17
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post