Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-20-2019, 12:30 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Sondland putting the nail in the coffin

testifies that he’s making a “personal guess” about a quid pro who. before you slam the source, it’s a vide if him. his guess is good enough for me, by jiminy.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/61066642...#sp=show-clips
Old 11-20-2019, 12:56 PM   #2
wdmso

Again ignoring a lot of very smart people .. who have years of understanding peoples intent..
This excuse since you didn't hear it directly from Trump it didn't happen is just a dishonest excuse...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-20-2019, 01:00 PM   #3
Pete F.
Canceled

Just a little plausible deniability on Trumps part, and he's not very good at it.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-20-2019, 01:53 PM   #4
Jim in CT

More Sondland testimony!!

Sondland testified about a conversation with Trump where he asked the president what he wanted from Ukraine.

“And it was a very short, abrupt conversation,” the ambassador said. “He was not in a good mood. And he just said, ‘I want nothing. I want nothing. I want no quid pro quo. Tell Zelensky to do the right thing.’ Something to that effect.”

Pow! Right in the kisser!
Old 11-20-2019, 02:13 PM   #5
Pete F.
Canceled

It's important to note the timing of Trump's "I want nothing..I want no quid pro quo" statement to Sondland: It occurred on September 9, the exact same day the House Intel Committee received the whistleblower's complaint....

You would have let John Gotti off also, no dirty hands for him either.

Sondland with a simple but obvious point: if the meeting wasn’t tied to the investigations then…. They would have just had the meeting.

It is extraordinary to hear the Republican members emphasize the absence of direct evidence for matters for which the President has blocked both testimony and documents from being turned over.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-20-2019, 02:15 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Again ignoring a lot of very smart people .. who have years of understanding peoples intent..
This excuse since you didn't hear it directly from Trump it didn't happen is just a dishonest excuse...
i’m responding to what the witness explicitly said. We finally have someone who has firsthand knowledge from a conversation that he participated in, rather than hearsay.
Old 11-20-2019, 02:20 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
you’re not ignoring any smart people? Alan Dershowitz isn’t smart?
Old 11-20-2019, 02:21 PM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled

You and the Republican members emphasize the absence of direct evidence for matters for which the President has blocked both testimony and documents from being turned over.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-20-2019, 02:29 PM   #9
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I’m betting there is a ton of evidence in the state department records and if no crime why not release it all to clear it all up. Why not give Bolton, Mulvaney or Rudy the green light to testify, oh yeah because while Sondland probably nailed the House impeachment coffin shut, those two would shovel all the dirt on top. Trump wanted to be famous, he might not have dreamed it would be for being one of the few presidents to be impeached. I think when it’s all over, the Clintons will have Trump and Melania over for a pity party.

Last edited by Got Stripers; 11-20-2019 at 02:44 PM..
Old 11-20-2019, 02:41 PM   #10
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
you’re not ignoring any smart people? Alan Dershowitz isn’t smart?
Is he testifying?

And again were back to no one was told directly From Trump

So it didn't happen

But Rudy did but wont testify. shocking
Old 11-20-2019, 03:14 PM   #11
Pete F.
Canceled

Sondland asks open ended question and it’s Trump who raises, by denying, quid pro quo. Like a child who blurts out I didn’t eat the cookies when parent didn’t mentions cookies.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-20-2019, 03:29 PM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
Is he testifying?

And again were back to no one was told directly From Trump

So it didn't happen

But Rudy did but wont testify. shocking
oh, limited to people
who are testifying. which smart people who testified, proved that trump ordered a quid pro quo? i missed that.

fine, compel rudy to testify, he’ll probably claim attorney client confidentiality.
Old 11-20-2019, 03:30 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Sondland asks open ended question and it’s Trump who raises, by denying, quid pro quo. Like a child who blurts out I didn’t eat the cookies when parent didn’t mentions cookies.
so you cannot deny something, without admitting to it.
Old 11-20-2019, 03:36 PM   #14
spence

I’m not sure what testimony is watching.
Old 11-20-2019, 03:40 PM   #15
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
so you cannot deny something, without admitting to it.
Then why did Floridaman immediately respond to Sondland's "what did you want" question w/denial of quid pro quo.

Produce a rational explanation

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-20-2019, 03:57 PM   #16
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
He knew he was about to be accused of Quid Pro Quo.... Quick release the aid.... What a coincidence.....

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 11-20-2019, 04:03 PM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I’m not sure what testimony is watching.
i’m watching video of
him speaking. maybe you’re simply reading CNN headlines, which actually got demolished in real
time during recent testimony. Rep Mike Turner read a CNN headline which said Sondland connected trump to the quid pro quo, Turner asked Sondland i’d he had any evidence whatsoever that trump ordered it, Sondland said
no, other than his presumption.

that’s the testimony i’m watching.
Old 11-20-2019, 04:19 PM   #18
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
i’m watching video of
him speaking. maybe you’re simply reading CNN headlines, which actually got demolished in real
time during recent testimony. Rep Mike Turner read a CNN headline which said Sondland connected trump to the quid pro quo, Turner asked Sondland i’d he had any evidence whatsoever that trump ordered it, Sondland said
no, other than his presumption.

that’s the testimony i’m watching.
Asking a fact witness if a crime was committed or to define one is silly at best but it is good for spinning and that is all they have.

You'd be better off watching Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney with that strong New York Irish cop energy as he gets Sondland to say clearly that the investigations Trump wanted would benefit Trump.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-20-2019, 04:30 PM   #19
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
He knew he was about to be accused of Quid Pro Quo.... Quick release the aid.... What a coincidence.....
you are correct sir but the base cant follow the time Line

, so Jordon presents it as somehow Trump never wanted anything by saying see he said so clearly but leaving out the call was days after they were aware of the whistleblower complaint they tried to bury

. just like read the transcript which clearly lays out Trumps intent
Old 11-20-2019, 04:51 PM   #20
Pete F.
Canceled

Jim Jordan: “Do you know what a quid pro quo is?”

Guy appointed as an ambassador after donating $1M to Trump’s inauguration: “I do.”

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-20-2019, 04:57 PM   #21
scottw

the democrat desperation is deep
Old 11-20-2019, 06:13 PM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
Asking a fact witness if a crime was committed or to define one is silly at best but it is good for spinning and that is all they have.

You'd be better off watching Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney with that strong New York Irish cop energy as he gets Sondland to say clearly that the investigations Trump wanted would benefit Trump.
it’s silly to ask someone who spoke to trump directly, if he requested a quid pro quo. but it’s not silly to overturn a national election because someone heard something from someone else about what might have happened.

The democrats didn’t want to impeach Clinton, and we literally had DNA evidence that he lied under oath.

the bar has been lowered, it seems.

and you’re so unbiased, you’ve stated you’ve already dismissed the Durham investigation as a partisan sham, even though it hasn’t been released.

you notice any trends in how your conclusions always, with zero exceptions, align with a certain political ideology?
Old 11-20-2019, 06:20 PM   #23
Pete F.
Canceled

Impeachment does not overturn an election
It is the constitutional remedy for a President who has abused his power as Floridaman has
Old 11-20-2019, 06:28 PM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
Impeachment does not overturn an election
It is the constitutional remedy for a President who has abused his power as Floridaman has
or it can be used to undo an election when you just can’t accept the results.
Old 11-20-2019, 08:46 PM   #25
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
No matter how much you wish for it Jim, Hillary will not be President

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-20-2019, 09:04 PM   #26
wdmso

Quote:
Thats a coup.

All Trump had to do to was avoid the situation
He finds himself in.. by

AKA acting like a Potus .. rather than a runaway train who thinks hes untouchable and cant be held accountable ..
Old 11-20-2019, 09:13 PM   #27
spence

Quote:
So you are ok with a sitting president abusing their power at the expense of our national security?

Sure sounds like it.

Do you have any talking points that haven’t been contradicted with testimony under oath?

You do know Nunes Is giving the house republicans nothing right?
Old 11-20-2019, 09:19 PM   #28
PaulS

Quote:
Then why did Floridaman immediately respond to Sondland's "what did you want" question w/denial of quid pro quo.

It was a whopping one hour after Congress announced they were going to investigate.

Last edited by PaulS; 11-20-2019 at 09:28 PM..
Old 11-20-2019, 09:28 PM   #29
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
If asked what I want from the Ukraine I probably would have said either borscht or chicken Kiev.
Old 11-20-2019, 09:56 PM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
So you are ok with a sitting president abusing their power at the expense of our national security?

Sure sounds like it.

Do you have any talking points that haven’t been contradicted with testimony under oath?

You do know Nunes Is giving the house republicans nothing right?
if a sitting VP can use withheld aid as leverage to get what he wants, i don’t see why it’s an “abuse of power” for a president that do the same. Certainly it’s within the scope if the chief executive to ascertain the truth about what americans ( even
democrats) are doing.

i also don’t think you overturn a duly elected president, over hearsay and “presumptions”. that’s not even circumstantial evidence, which is at least evidence. as of this moment, hearsay and presumptions is all we have.

Why did Sondland read a 23-page opening statement which didn’t include the words “by the way, this is all presumption, i have zero direct evidence connecting Trump to this.”? Answer, because this isn’t about facts, it’s about getting rid of a president they hate. gimme an alternative reason for excluding such a key fact from
a 23 page opening statement.