Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-01-2021, 05:08 AM   #31
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
so do Cuomo kill 56,000 of his citizens? or did Fesantis kill all them, too?

until Cuomo got caught harassing women, the left loved him so much, they literally invented awards to give him.

your “math” only matters when you can use it as a club against republicans. that same exact math makes your side look worse.

such a stupid argument. desantis killed them all.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Your ranting ignores the fact that NYS’ deaths surged in the beginning of COVID, when we knew far less about methods to control it.
Floriduh’s surged in the past months, while DeathSantis claimed the economy is more important than lives. Talk about shades of Stalinism.

I'm not sure anyone can truly define exactly what Never Trump means. But no politician in America is trying harder to literally be JUST LIKE TRUMP than Ron DeSantis is.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-01-2021, 05:27 AM   #32
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Your ranting ignores the fact that NYS’ deaths surged in the beginning of COVID, when we knew far less about methods to control it.
Floriduh’s surged in the past months, while DeathSantis claimed the economy is more important than lives. Talk about shades of Stalinism.

I'm not sure anyone can truly define exactly what Never Trump means. But no politician in America is trying harder to literally be JUST LIKE TRUMP than Ron DeSantis is.
oh ok. so by an amazing coincidence, every single Florida death was caused by Desantis, but none of the NY deaths ( even in nursing homes) were caused by Cuomo.

Is t that convenient for you?

This is a joke.
Old 11-01-2021, 06:05 AM   #33
scottw

Quote:
oh ok. so by an amazing coincidence, every single Florida death was caused by Desantis, but none of the NY deaths ( even in nursing homes) were caused by Cuomo.

This is a joke.
I think Florida is creating a large percentage of the jobs Biden is crowing about. Biden should thank Desantis
Old 11-01-2021, 07:17 AM   #34
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I think Florida is creating a large percentage of the jobs Biden is crowing about. Biden should thank Desantis
brilliantly, Desantis also offered florida’s ports to help with the backlogged cargo ships. desantis also offered a 5,000 signing bonus to cops from other states to move to florida. he has serious momentum. which is why they hate him. i don’t even know if he’s planning on running.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 11-01-2021 at 07:35 AM..
Old 11-01-2021, 07:33 AM   #35
scottw

Quote:
brilliantly, Desantis also offered florida’s post to help with the backlogged cargo ships. desantis also offered a 5,000 signing bonus to cops from other states to move to florida. he has serious momentum. which is why they hate him. i don’t even know if he’s planning on running.
I’m in Florida right now. It’s pretty nice…a little chilly this morning..the Capitol is right down the street. Might stop by and give Desantis a high five in a little bit😆
Old 11-01-2021, 07:35 AM   #36
scottw

Quote:

he has serious momentum. which is why they hate him.

They hate anyone that dares disagree with them…. Very open minded….It’s troubling…reminds me of other times in history
Old 11-01-2021, 07:36 AM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:
I’m in Florida right now. It’s pretty nice…a little chilly this morning..the Capitol is right down the street. Might stop by and give Desantis a high five in a little bit😆
how can it be nice? it’s run by a guy who according to pete. murdered 40,000 of his citizens? wdmso says republicans never do anything for
anybody. so im curious how it could be nice?
Old 11-01-2021, 08:00 AM   #38
wdmso

Most Americans say they’ll trust the 2024 election, regardless of who wins. But not Republicans
All adults 62%
Dems 82%
Independents 68%
Republicans 33%. Trump and his supporters in Congress have poisoned the minds of their followers so I guess that’s doing something wouldn’t you say Jim
Old 11-01-2021, 08:05 AM   #39
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso;1216828

. Trump and his supporters in Congress have poisoned the minds of their followers so I guess that’s doing something wouldn’t you say Jim

[size=1
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/size]
Yup. Definitely time to open those re-education camps
Old 11-01-2021, 08:08 AM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Most Americans say they’ll trust the 2024 election, regardless of who wins. But not Republicans
All adults 62%
Dems 82%
Independents 68%
Republicans 33%. Trump and his supporters in Congress have poisoned the minds of their followers so I guess that’s doing something wouldn’t you say Jim
i was skeptical before trump. in two consecutive governors races in CT, there were big cities ( Hartford and Bridgeport) where shockingly, they ran out of ballots on election day, and those polling places ( where 98% of the vote is democratic) stayed open way later then 8 pm. funny, they always had enough ballots in the few places that lean right. only the deep blue polling places had to stay open for a few extra hours.

mail-in balloting is ripe with potential for fraud. how many people can truly analyze signatures? i’m not saying there IS large scale fraud. but there could be, and we wouldnt know.

and when there’s a very clear pattern of democrats being meaningfully behind at midnight, and then coming from behind after everyone goes to bed for the night, well, when that keeps happening, it’s hard not to ask some questions. obviously it could be totally legit.

i sleep fine at night, but I’m skeptical.

And stacey abrams still
claims her election was stolen, and she gets more and more powerful on the democratic side. but it’s ok when she does it.
Old 11-01-2021, 08:10 AM   #41
wdmso

Quote:

This is a joke.

Jim if you see what happens when you hold a gun to your head and pull the trigger like you suggested that’s what happen in NY 55,995 dead

How can Ron see it happen but completely refuse to implement any controls to minimize it happening in Fla. 59,670

Then you suggest he’s doing a great job when he had a template on how not to do a pandemic response. But decided on doing what Trump did and just bank on just the vaccines

How did that work out?

That the actual joke
[usize=1]Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/size]
Old 11-01-2021, 08:13 AM   #42
wdmso

Quote:
Yup. Definitely time to open those re-education camps
I know right
But it’s Trump who’s running them !

Mr denial
Old 11-01-2021, 09:04 AM   #43
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim if you see what happens when you hold a gun to your head and pull the trigger like you suggested that’s what happen in NY 55,995 dead

How can Ron see it happen but completely refuse to implement any controls to minimize it happening in Fla. 59,670

Then you suggest he’s doing a great job when he had a template on how not to do a pandemic response. But decided on doing what Trump did and just bank on just the vaccines

How did that work out?

That the actual joke
[usize=1]Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/size]
desantis is encouraging people
to get vaccinated. he’s just not doing everything being done in the liberal states, some of which aren’t caring better then FL is.

is his death rate higher then NY? not the last time i checked. so he’s doing better then cuomo, who biden said was the gold standard. none of you criticized cuomo, but you’re happy to atta i a guy whose numbers are better than cuomos.

as it cools i. FL and people
go back outside, there’s reason to believe his death rates will
improve more.
Old 11-01-2021, 09:08 AM   #44
wdmso

Quote:
i was skeptical before trump. in two consecutive governors races in CT, there were big cities ( Hartford and Bridgeport) where shockingly, they ran out of ballots on election day, and those polling places ( where 98% of the vote is democratic) stayed open way later then 8 pm. funny, they always had enough ballots in the few places that lean right. only the deep blue polling places had to stay open for a few extra hours.

mail-in balloting is ripe with potential for fraud. how many people can truly analyze signatures? i’m not saying there IS large scale fraud. but there could be, and we wouldnt know.

and when there’s a very clear pattern of democrats being meaningfully behind at midnight, and then coming from behind after everyone goes to bed for the night, well, when that keeps happening, it’s hard not to ask some questions. obviously it could be totally legit.

i sleep fine at night, but I’m skeptical.

And stacey abrams still
claims her election was stolen, and she gets more and more powerful on the democratic side. but it’s ok when she does it.
Back on the Kool aid ?

So that’s why Biden won by 4 million more vote

Because A state kept one poling location open so people could exercise their constitutional right to vote to include Republicans and your shocked how someone can run out of ballots. Another example of supply and demand , . in your state voter turn out was up 6.5 point from

Voter turnout increased in every U.S. state during the 2020 general election
And still Trump lost .. yet everyone was told mail in ballots get counted last..

And since when does potential fraud
Have more weight then actually fraud. That 33% of Republicans are not skeptical their brainwashed by Trumps lie the same lie he and his supporters are still spreading and it November

Jim Abrams never said the election was stolen thats a the rights spin

"I acknowledge that former Secretary of State Brian Kemp will be certified as the victor in the 2018 gubernatorial election," Abrams said, according to NPR. "But to watch an elected official who claims to represent the people in this state baldly pin his hopes for election on suppression of the people's democratic right to vote has been truly appalling."

No claims of mass fraud just pre election behavior of kemp sec of state purging voter rolls prior to his election as Gov . Legal yes ethical maybe bad optics definitely

Abrams didn't try to challenge the results.

"Nobody ever sought to overturn the results of the election," in 2018

But as usual you think Trumps refusing to concede and still claiming the election was rigged and stolen . And Abrams claims are somehow exactly the same or even similar .. is a poor example
Old 11-01-2021, 09:11 AM   #45
Jim in CT

Quote:
Back on the Kool aid ?

So that’s why Biden won by 4 million more vote

Because A state kept one poling location open so people could exercise their constitutional right to vote to include Republicans and your shocked how someone can run out of ballots. Another example of supply and demand , . in your state voter turn out was up 6.5 point from

Voter turnout increased in every U.S. state during the 2020 general election
And still Trump lost .. yet everyone was told mail in ballots get counted last..

And since when does potential fraud
Have more weight then actually fraud. That 33% of Republicans are not skeptical their brainwashed by Trumps lie the same lie he and his supporters are still spreading and it November

Jim Abrams never said the election was stolen thats a the rights spin

"I acknowledge that former Secretary of State Brian Kemp will be certified as the victor in the 2018 gubernatorial election," Abrams said, according to NPR. "But to watch an elected official who claims to represent the people in this state baldly pin his hopes for election on suppression of the people's democratic right to vote has been truly appalling."

No claims of mass fraud just pre election behavior of kemp sec of state purging voter rolls prior to his election as Gov . Legal yes ethical maybe bad optics definitely

Abrams didn't try to challenge the results.

"Nobody ever sought to overturn the results of the election," in 2018

But as usual you think Trumps refusing to concede and still claiming the election was rigged and stolen . And Abrams claims are somehow exactly the same or even similar .. is a poor example
wayne, two elections in a row, the state of CT kept open liberal precincts, because they ran out of ballots? election day doesn’t sneak up on you. you know a year ahead of time you need ballots. but nothing to see.

So stacey abrams is what, then? she still says she won, and she’s all over the liberal airwaves, a major influential democrat. There was talk of her being Bidens VP pick. Is it OK that she's telling lies about her election?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 11-01-2021 at 09:26 AM..
Old 11-01-2021, 09:36 AM   #46
wdmso

Quote:
desantis is encouraging people
to get vaccinated. he’s just not doing everything being done in the liberal states, some of which aren’t caring better then FL is.

is his death rate higher then NY? not the last time i checked. so he’s doing better then cuomo, who biden said was the gold standard. none of you criticized cuomo, but you’re happy to atta i a guy whose numbers are better than cuomos.

as it cools i. FL and people
go back outside, there’s reason to believe his death rates will
improve more.
Jim let’s be honest Cuomo was fighting the virus with sticks and stones

By the Time Ron had to face the virus he had gunpowder and science vaccines

And yet Fla has more deaths

And seeing Republicans are the ones who were the 1st to use deaths to show how better off red states were doing .

but now States with Republican governors had highest Covid incidence and death rates, study finds
The study found that states with Democratic governors had higher death rates early on in the pandemic, but that trend was reversed by the Fourth of July.

Starting in early summer last year, analysis finds that states with Republican governors had higher case and death rates.

https://publichealth.jhu.edu/2021/as...-death-numbers

So as of oct 31st the states in order of death

Are
California 71848
Texas 70886
Fla59495
NY 56371

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...s-us-by-state/

Total number of coronavirus (COVID-19) cases in the United States as of October 29, 2021, by state

Same order as above

Number of coronavirus (COVID-19) cases worldwide as of October 29, 2021, by country

USA is #1
With India Brazil uk and Russian quite a ways behind

To quote joe Friday

All we know are the facts, ma'am."
Old 11-01-2021, 09:46 AM   #47
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim let’s be honest Cuomo was fighting the virus with sticks and stones

By the Time Ron had to face the virus he had gunpowder and science vaccines

And yet Fla has more deaths

And seeing Republicans are the ones who were the 1st to use deaths to show how better off red states were doing .

but now States with Republican governors had highest Covid incidence and death rates, study finds
The study found that states with Democratic governors had higher death rates early on in the pandemic, but that trend was reversed by the Fourth of July.

Starting in early summer last year, analysis finds that states with Republican governors had higher case and death rates.

https://publichealth.jhu.edu/2021/as...-death-numbers

So as of oct 31st the states in order of death

Are
California 71848
Texas 70886
Fla59495
NY 56371

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...s-us-by-state/

Total number of coronavirus (COVID-19) cases in the United States as of October 29, 2021, by state

Same order as above

Number of coronavirus (COVID-19) cases worldwide as of October 29, 2021, by country

USA is #1
With India Brazil uk and Russian quite a ways behind

To quote joe Friday

All we know are the facts, ma'am."
"Jim let’s be honest Cuomo was fighting the virus with sticks and stones "

And what did Desantis have? The antidote? Cuomo didn't have the tools that others have, is that what you're saying? Dispatching a hospital ship, converting the Javits center to a hospital, that's "sticks and stones"?

Cuomo was putting sick people in nursing homes.

"And yet Fla has more deaths "

But a lower death RATE, which is all that matters. You keep mentioning absolute deaths. You have to look at death rates, because states don't all have the same population.

"Republicans are the ones who were the 1st to use deaths to show how better off red states were doing . "

Anyone who did that is an idiot. I have never done it. But you're doing it, you're clearly fishing for the stats that help your agenda.

"but now States with Republican governors had highest Covid incidence and death rates, study finds"

Tell me which words here, you don't understand.

As of right now, Floridas death rate is less than that in NY and in NJ.

Which part of that, don't you understand?

"All we know are the facts, ma'am.""

You need to compare rates, not counts.
Old 11-01-2021, 09:57 AM   #48
wdmso

Quote:
wayne, two elections in a row, the state of CT kept open liberal precincts, because they ran out of ballots? election day doesn’t sneak up on you. you know a year ahead of time you need ballots. but nothing to see.

So stacey abrams is what, then? she still says she won, and she’s all over the liberal airwaves, a major influential democrat. There was talk of her being Bidens VP pick. Is it OK that she's telling lies about her election?
So a Democratic liberal precinct by staying open was the reason Trump lost conn? Of this is your evidence of fraud?

And you cant show me where Abrams submitted a challenge to overturn the outcome of the 2018 election . Because it didn’t happen

And off you go again a lie is a lie
Everything is the same ..

Unless I decide otherwise
Old 11-01-2021, 10:02 AM   #49
wdmso

Quote:
"Jim let’s be honest Cuomo was fighting the virus with sticks and stones "

And what did Desantis have? The antidote? Cuomo didn't have the tools that others have, is that what you're saying? Dispatching a hospital ship, converting the Javits center to a hospital, that's "sticks and stones"?

Cuomo was putting sick people in nursing homes.

"And yet Fla has more deaths "

But a lower death RATE, which is all that matters. You keep mentioning absolute deaths. You have to look at death rates, because states don't all have the same population.

"Republicans are the ones who were the 1st to use deaths to show how better off red states were doing . "

Anyone who did that is an idiot. I have never done it. But you're doing it, you're clearly fishing for the stats that help your agenda.

"but now States with Republican governors had highest Covid incidence and death rates, study finds"

Tell me which words here, you don't understand.

As of right now, Floridas death rate is less than that in NY and in NJ.

Which part of that, don't you understand?

"All we know are the facts, ma'am.""

there is a job opening in the NFL that your well qualified for

The ad states looking for someone with years of experience in
MOVING GOAL POSTS
Old 11-01-2021, 10:07 AM   #50
Jim in CT

Quote:
there is a job opening in the NFL that your well qualified for

The ad states looking for someone with years of experience in
MOVING GOAL POSTS
please tell me how i moved goal posts. when did i say anything other than, we should compare death rates? did i ever use absolute death counts to compare states?
Old 11-01-2021, 10:43 AM   #51
wdmso

Anyone who did that is an idiot

Republican President Donald Trump had made earlier in the month about coronavirus deaths: That so-called "blue states" were driving the country’s high death rates.

Trump, trying to burnish his performance in combating the virus, had said if those states were removed from the equation, the United States would really be "at a very low level" of deaths.

Jim when I say conservative or republican I am not claiming You directly I am speaking about the majority republicans

just like this Republicans want more eyes on election workers.

The push for more poll watchers is a clear outgrowth of the lies and disinformation spread by former President Donald Trump and his allies that the 2020 election was stolen from him.

brainwashed not skeptical
Old 11-01-2021, 10:46 AM   #52
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

Here’s the rates

Floriduh daily average deaths last seven days 124
NYS 34
All time deaths per 100K
Floriduh 278
NYS 288

DeathSantis unfortunately looks like he’s on track to be the leader

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-01-2021, 11:02 AM   #53
Jim in CT

Quote:
Anyone who did that is an idiot

Republican President Donald Trump had made earlier in the month about coronavirus deaths: That so-called "blue states" were driving the country’s high death rates.

Trump, trying to burnish his performance in combating the virus, had said if those states were removed from the equation, the United States would really be "at a very low level" of deaths.

Jim when I say conservative or republican I am not claiming You directly I am speaking about the majority republicans

just like this Republicans want more eyes on election workers.

The push for more poll watchers is a clear outgrowth of the lies and disinformation spread by former President Donald Trump and his allies that the 2020 election was stolen from him.

brainwashed not skeptical
well you told me i’d be a good applicant for goal post mover, so silly me, i assumed you meant me.

is poll security a bad thing? i don’t see why.
Old 11-01-2021, 11:04 AM   #54
Jim in CT

Quote:
Here’s the rates

NYS 34
All time deaths per 100K
Floriduh 278
NYS 288

if florida is “floriduh” to you ( very clever), and NYs death rate is higher, what does that make NY.

Pete, you can’t be a fan of Cuomo with higher death rates, and attack Desantis who has lower death rates. that doesn’t pass the common sense smell test, sorry.
Old 11-01-2021, 11:09 AM   #55
Jim in CT

also, as of 2018, florida had the nations second-highest percentage of seniors among its state population. NY was 27th.

When comparing death rates for a disease that targets the elderly, you’d have to take that into account to do an apples to apples comparison. but even with a much higher elderly population ( and this data is from 2018, maybe there are no seniors left in NY thanks to the emmy-winning Cuomo) FL still has a slightly lower death rate. https://www.prb.org/resources/which-...re-the-oldest/

https://www.prb.org/resources/which-...re-the-oldest/
Old 11-01-2021, 11:30 AM   #56
Pete F.
Canceled

Floriduh population 21.6 M
NYS population 20.4 M
Floriduh’s daily death rate is close to 4X NYS’
Floriduh is trying to fine private businesses for asking if people are vaccinated or requiring the wearing masks in a business.
Sound like non-authoritarian small government with no overreach to you?
Old 11-01-2021, 12:27 PM   #57
Jim in CT

Quote:
Floriduh population 21.6 M
NYS population 20.4 M
Floriduh’s daily death rate is close to 4X NYS’
Floriduh is trying to fine private businesses for asking if people are vaccinated or requiring the wearing masks in a business.
Sound like non-authoritarian small government with no overreach to you?
over what time period, is florida’s daily death rate 4x that of NY? a week or two? a month?

since this started, FLs numbers are better then NYs.
Old 11-01-2021, 02:05 PM   #58
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
over what time period, is florida’s daily death rate 4x that of NY? a week or two? a month?

since this started, FLs numbers are better then NYs.
In the most recent.

Here’s the rates

NYS 34
All time deaths per 100K
Floriduh 278
NYS 288

Lets Go Darwin