Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » Kayaking

Kayaking After the frequent attempts at Bribery, beatings, and simply getting towed at Sunrise - S-B opens the Kayak Forums Also see http://www.ultimatekayakfishing.com

Old 04-22-2008, 09:47 AM   #1
bassackward

Mystic River near Dam tomorrow

My brother just picked up new Hobie Outback so he and I are planning on first trip of the year tomorrow afternoon on river side of Amelia Dam. Is this side productive or is ocean side better choice? We both have fresh licenses so we're flexible. We'll dress for water temps since air should be around 70F and we don't want to be a casulaty if trouble occurs. We have vhf radios this year too so we'll be able to call if needed. Does anyone have any advice on what lures can work this time of year? T & W? I want to check out my new Pt. Jude wobble head tube and curly tail as well. Anyone else ready to venture out yet?

bassackward
John from Billerica

A wise old man once told me"It's better to wet your line than wet yourself"
bassackward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:19 AM   #2
Rockport24
President - S-B Chapter - Kelly Clarkson Fan Club

I used to fish around there from shore all the time when I lived in Cambridge. herring may actually be around by now, so you could cast some larger storm shads into the mix, either that or the standard "schoolie killer" 4 inch storm shad or something like a sluggo, bass assasin or cocochoe minnow on a jig head.
Rockport24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:21 AM   #3
bassackward

Thanks Rockport. I have some of those with me so I'll report back on if they were successful.

bassackward
John from Billerica

Old 04-24-2008, 07:45 AM   #4
bassackward

What a nice day. We saw/heard some fish but none taken or even hit the lures. Oh well, it was still awesome. The Hobie moved effortlessly in oth directions on the river while I struggled, a little, with my redfish12 (no rudder didn't help). I tried the Hobie as well and it was very easy and comfortable once you got set-up correctly with seat and pedal adjustments. You turn so quick at full speed, you need to turn a little slow or you feel you may tip.
Anyone interested in a Heritage redfish12? I gots to get me one of these Hobies now. The wife won't be happy that I want a new yak that's about a grand more than the one I have.

bassackward
John from Billerica

Old 05-05-2008, 06:23 AM   #5
bassackward

Again but on Saltwater side of dam

My brother and I plan on going Tuesday around 4-7pm range if anyone is interested. We put in behind Home Depot at lot near dam. I need to try the Hobie out.

bassackward
John from Billerica