Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 01-09-2011, 01:37 AM   #1
wader-dad

Jets / Pats

I know you guys are shaking in your wading boots, that the Jets are back in town. GOOOOO JETSSSSSSSSSSSSS..
wader-dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:46 AM   #2
Piscator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wader-dad View Post
I know you guys are shaking in your wading boots, that the Jets are back in town. GOOOOO JETSSSSSSSSSSSSS..
Can't wait to beat that "Foot Banging" Podiatrist............

He gives a new meaning to Foot Ball

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"
Piscator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:37 AM   #3
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

I think instead of Foam Fingers at the Game everybody should wave Foam Feet

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:56 AM   #4
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Looking forward to kicking their "Pretender" asses!!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:00 AM   #5
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
I think instead of Foam Fingers at the Game everybody should wave Foam Feet
I think that's a given.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:36 AM   #6
vineyardblues

Bring on the Jetts, cuz they Sux just like someones little toes
vineyardblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:16 AM   #7
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Does the J-E-T-S kicker kick Au Natural?

Should BB expect to see more of the Nekkid BootLeg? Or is Rex keeping that for himself?

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:17 AM   #8
Bronko

I bet Rex puts some of his wifes toe nail clippings into his head set mouthpiece.

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan
Bronko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:58 PM   #9
Saltheart

I like the foam idea.

BF , you got to slap him in the head with hands . He would enjoy getting his butt kicked by feet!

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:07 PM   #10
Saltheart

On a more serious note , I think the Jets did us a big favor getting rid of Manning. I think we will win big against the Jets.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:40 PM   #11
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Early line is Patriots -9

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:05 PM   #12
iamskippy

GO JETS!
iamskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:35 PM   #13
stcroixman

It's going to be a close game. I think that scares the Pats fans.

They all say Pats will win by 30+ and they aren't afraid of the Jets as "pretenders" but inside they are worried.

Pats are due for some turnovers too.

GO JETS!!!!!
stcroixman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:55 AM   #14
slow eddie
slow eddie

the new pics of rex ryan are him in a general custer outfit.
going to the little big horn rex????????

put them back alive. i do have grandkids.
as your hair gets whiter, your gear gets lighter.
slow eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:20 PM   #15
wader-dad

The patriots killed us with pick plays, Woodhead out of the backfield and tight ends against our safeties.

There has to be some way to defend a pick play. That is how Welker gets open most of the time. In basketball you switch men. I think that they can scheme some way to stop that.

Woodhead out of the backfield is a problem because our linebackers are too slow. All built to stop the run. When was the last time that a Jet linebacker stayed with a running back and earned a pass defensed on the statistic sheet? Or even a tight end for that matter. So that is a problem. Maybe have Coleman (who is 5' 8") shadow Woodhead is all I can come up with. Too bad Kyle Wilson is stiff as a board and no good in my opinion.

On the tight ends- I would try Cromartie on the 6 foot 6 guy and double the Hernandez guy. I don't know why a jet linebacker at least can't blast these tight ends getting off the line and leave them for a safety.

I would keep Revis on Branch unless part of the anti-pick plan is using Revis.

I would use the drop back plan that they used against Manning. The blitz is not going to work and has not worked on Brady going all the way back to Al Groh. The strip sacks we got on Brady all come from a four man rush. Sean Ellis has had some in coverage sack situations.

How is it that it is a copy cat league but no one has been able to copy Belichick's offense even Josh McDaniel who ran it and his other disciples can't copy it.

I suppose Belichick is such a genius he can even coach me to catch a 40. He would have me disguise my plug.
wader-dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:23 AM   #16
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by wader-dad View Post
The patriots killed us with pick plays, Woodhead out of the backfield and tight ends against our safeties.

There has to be some way to defend a pick play. That is how Welker gets open most of the time. In basketball you switch men. I think that they can scheme some way to stop that.
There haven't been too many coaches who have found a way to stop it yet.

Woodhead out of the backfield is a problem because our linebackers are too slow. All built to stop the run. When was the last time that a Jet linebacker stayed with a running back and earned a pass defensed on the statistic sheet? Or even a tight end for that matter. So that is a problem. Maybe have Coleman (who is 5' 8") shadow Woodhead is all I can come up with. Too bad Kyle Wilson is stiff as a board and no good in my opinion.

On the tight ends- I would try Cromartie on the 6 foot 6 guy and double the Hernandez guy. I don't know why a jet linebacker at least can't blast these tight ends getting off the line and leave them for a safety.

Gronkowski is too big for Cromartie and Hernandez is too fast for most LB's. It's also tough getting a solid hit on them off the line because if you whiff, you leave them open for a big play. It's not that easy lining someone up when they are a few feet away from you and they can go either right or left if they disguise it well.

I would keep Revis on Branch unless part of the anti-pick plan is using Revis.

Revis is a north/south cover corner. He doesn't do well covering over the middle and Branch runs a lot of routes across the middle with Welker. You'll probably see some crossing routes where Welker goes shorter and Branch goes a little deeper, but they both stay towards the middle of the field. Then, if they line Tate up on the outside, someone is going to have to cover him. Revis might be the only guys fast enough.

I would use the drop back plan that they used against Manning. The blitz is not going to work and has not worked on Brady going all the way back to Al Groh. The strip sacks we got on Brady all come from a four man rush. Sean Ellis has had some in coverage sack situations.
Problem with this is that if you don't put pressure on Brady and he has time, he'll find the open guy. It doesn't matter how good the coverage is, a receiver will eventually get open if the QB has enough time in the pocket.

How is it that it is a copy cat league but no one has been able to copy Belichick's offense even Josh McDaniel who ran it and his other disciples can't copy it.

I suppose Belichick is such a genius he can even coach me to catch a 40. He would have me disguise my plug.
The Jets need to hope that the Pats come out flat and play really sloppy on Sunday. It's also not good for them that it will be cold up in Foxboro. Sanchez is possibly the worst cold weather QB in the league.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:29 AM   #17
Slipknot
Super Moderator

I can't wait for Sunday at 4:30
gonna be another entertaining game I'm sure. The last jets game sure was.
I'll have my eye on which corner is covering who.
Hernandez should be well rested and his hip should be ready to go I hope. The tight ends will smoke the Jets. We only have to worry about time of possession if NY and Sanchez can match scores which is highly unlikely. Our D will handle the run fine as long as we get a lead.
I say we win by 11 at least
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:00 PM   #18
FishermanTim

Better have an ample supply of "odor eaters" on hand if this turns into a real stinker for the Jets.
If history has taught us anything, it's don't plan your celebration until AFTER the game is over.
How many teams started making plans for next week's playoff game even before they played THIS week's?
The Pats are sticking to their "one game at a time" mantra. There's no "tomorrow, next week or even last week, just this week!
How many more interviews will Rex give before the Jets management tells him to keep his yap shut?
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:54 PM   #19
JackK
Not Jack

Jets win 35-3.

By making that prediction, I now expect the pats to win 24-17

Can never predict these division games...

JackK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:03 AM   #20
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackK View Post
Jets win 35-3.

Keep Making predictions like that and you're gonna be a team of 1 come TABBIT

Old 01-12-2011, 09:25 AM   #21
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Quote:
Originally Posted by stcroixman View Post
It's going to be a close game. I think that scares the Pats fans.

They all say Pats will win by 30+ and they aren't afraid of the Jets as "pretenders" but inside they are worried.

Pats are due for some turnovers too.

GO JETS!!!!!
Yeah I am terrified.......that we are only gonna win by 30 points! Game is over by the half! Pats 52-Jets-17.

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:05 AM   #22
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishermanTim View Post
If history has taught us anything, it's don't plan your celebration until AFTER the game is over.
Exactly....thats while you will hear no predictions coming outta this guys yap...

Old 01-12-2011, 11:14 AM   #23
FishermanTim

I get a kick out of Belichek's interviews (if you can call them that) AFTER Rex finisges orally deficating.
Bill's reply are usually along the lines of "no comment" or "we're focusing of this weeks game", which must be pi$$ing Rex off.
I think he's trying to provoke Bill into saying something, ANYTHING that can be used as negative publicity for the Jets media circus.
Instead, Rex comes off like a fool, carrying on a one-man argument that he can't win!
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:29 PM   #24
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
The Jets need to hope that the Pats come out flat and play really sloppy on Sunday. It's also not good for them that it will be cold up in Foxboro. Sanchez is possibly the worst cold weather QB in the league.
Ladanian also hates cold weather.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote