Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 05-06-2011, 09:40 PM   #1
spinncognito
Is it May yet?

Bruins/Lightning Thread

First time since 1992 they make it to round 3!

Is this Tampa team a real obstacle?

Is THIS the year?

"Twitch....Twitch....Twitch....WHAM!"
spinncognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:19 AM   #2
eskimo

Tampa is a real obstacle if Bergy is not ok.

Nobody calls me Lebowski. You got the wrong guy. I'm the Dude, man.
eskimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 06:42 AM   #3
rphud
GrandBob

Even with Bergeron the Bolts are "En Fuego" big time. It will be up to Timmy and the guys in front of him for the Bruins to make it to the cup series.
rphud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:47 AM   #4
SurfCaster413

Tampa really isnt worryin me its the west coast teams that are scary.
SurfCaster413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:08 PM   #5
boot man

All the teams are for real fro here on out.

Would be nice if Seguin learned a little something watching the PHI series from teh press box. Am I wrong in assuming he takes Bergeron's spot for the 1-2 games he will miss with the concussion?
boot man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:39 PM   #6
MarshCappa
Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boot man View Post

Would be nice if Seguin learned a little something watching the PHI series from teh press box. Am I wrong in assuming he takes Bergeron's spot for the 1-2 games he will miss with the concussion?

Why the hell not?! Get him in there!

"Sunshine Day Dream"
MarshCappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:57 PM   #7
eskimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by boot man View Post

Lets hope Bergeron is only out 1-2 games. Waiting for the western conference to catch up is certainly helping. They will limit Seguin's ice time, although I expect him to play with something to prove.

Nobody calls me Lebowski. You got the wrong guy. I'm the Dude, man.
eskimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:30 PM   #8
buckman

I wouldn't be surprised to see Bergeron back on Sat. If he's not let's hope Seguin steps up and doesn't play like a scared kid. Tampa is not a tough team. Bruins in 6. The only team out west that scares me is the Sharks. They play us tough. This could be the year. I have a very good feeling about this team.
buckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:04 AM   #9
SurfCaster413

Cant wait for tomorrow night gonna be nice to see the B's playing again.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:10 AM   #10
Piscator

They need to attack Tampa's defense. Tampa plays a 1-3-1 offense. B's need to dump it in deep and bang away. As always, it will come down to goaltending. Both Goalies are playing great. I think (hope) Lucic will have a great series.

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"
Piscator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 02:31 PM   #11
Sundowner

Both teams are playing well and it is a killer w/ Patrice out, but I really like all the lines the B's have this year. Ultimately it comes down to keeping the puck out of the net and I will take Timmy all day, he'sbeen crazy this year. And I have never seen the D take away so many goals when the goalie is out of position. Hopefully that powerplay steps up too.
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:16 PM   #12
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Didn't think Rene was gonna make it through the national anthem......

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:04 PM   #13
spinncognito
Is it May yet?

Well, that sucked.

Overall they were outplayed but it was stupid mistakes that killed them, First goal- Seidenberg kicks the puck to the offense for an easy goal. Second goal, a weak softie between Thomas's arm. Third goal- Ffffing Kaberle coughs up the puck from behind the net and Thomas looks bad trying to stop it.

The absence of Bergeron was huge as they lost most face-offs.

Nice goal bt Sequin but Tampa blocked every shot from a point plus many others.

The Bruins first power play was Montreal all over again and even though they had chances on the other three, there was no finish.

The penalty late by Boychuck cost them a shot at a comeback.

Despite all of this, somehow I still feel like the Bruins are gonna win this series.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:12 PM   #14
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

WTF?????

13 seconds???????

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:04 PM   #15
Thumper

Unreal game and we just lost power WTF!!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:59 PM   #16
WESTPORTMAFIA

Glad that's finally over
WESTPORTMAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:04 PM   #17
spinncognito
Is it May yet?

A roller-coaster of emotions in my living room tonight. They have got to win this series but it is painfully obvious that it will not be easy!

I'll be the first to ask: If Bergeron is back who sits Thursday?

Old 05-17-2011, 11:22 PM   #18
SurfCaster413

Thorton
Old 05-18-2011, 09:32 AM   #19
Mr. Sandman

It was the Seguin/Ryder show. I like the kids speed and drive. Someone else is leaving when Bergy comes back on Thur that is for sure. My bet is someone like Cambell as it will nor disrupt the bergy line not the ryder/seguin chemistry.

BTW, I don't care what refs said last night on goal 5...it was no goal. The reason:

"If the goalkeeper’s helmet/facemask comes off during play, the Referee shall stop play immediately. A minor penalty shall be assessed a goalkeeper who deliberately removes his helmet/facemask during play."

His facemask was off LONG before the puck went in. Heck, the puck went off is FACE and in and the ref saw that. The refs got that one wrong.
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:03 AM   #20
spinncognito
Is it May yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sandman View Post
It was the Seguin/Ryder show. I like the kids speed and drive. Someone else is leaving when Bergy comes back on Thur that is for sure. My bet is someone like Cambell as it will nor disrupt the bergy line not the ryder/seguin chemistry.

BTW, I don't care what refs said last night on goal 5...it was no goal. The reason:

"If the goalkeeper’s helmet/facemask comes off during play, the Referee shall stop play immediately. A minor penalty shall be assessed a goalkeeper who deliberately removes his helmet/facemask during play."

His facemask was off LONG before the puck went in. Heck, the puck went off is FACE and in and the ref saw that. The refs got that one wrong.
From what I read, the refs have some discretion with the whole mask thing. Apparently if the attacking team is "in a scoring position" then the whistle may not be blown. Seeing as how the puck was to the side of the net, I would say that is not a scoring position as the player had to bring it back out in front before shooting it off Thomas' face!

Old 05-18-2011, 05:01 PM   #21
Goose

I didn't think the B's would pull it off in the 3rd. If Tampa brings that intensity in their building,, they take it. It did not seem like a three goal game.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:39 PM   #22
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

the defense better play a hell of a lot better. Last nites game was sure fun to watch.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:19 AM   #23
Mr. Sandman

I agree but I think the game plan was to not be so aggressive and just play D in the third. That did not work. Some of the players interviewed even said..."we will not do that again"...
IMO they can bring it to them and take it into their zone without too much problem. We have had the ability to keep it there for a while too. Also hitting them works well to slow them down. Just keep up the physical play and bang them whenever they have the puck.

Thomas made great saves but has let in a lot of soft goals. If he can tighten up there I think they will do fine.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:22 PM   #24
SurfCaster413

great game tonight. Solid effort all around.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:32 AM   #25
spinncognito
Is it May yet?

What a contrast to the first two games! That did not even feel like a playoff game. TB fans are a joke. I'll take a "boring" playoff win as long as it is a win. Just six wins away from hoisting The Cup!

Bergeron back was huge and he looks fine. Great patience by Kreji on the game winner. Hard to find any negatives for the B's in that one.

Old 05-20-2011, 10:59 AM   #26
Slick Moedee

I loved hearing the cheering (not jeering or booing) after the B's scored their two goals. Only thing decent about the Bolts fans was the chick in the blue tanktop in the first row.

Let's go B's!
Slick Moedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:59 AM   #27
Piscator

Team "D"

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"
Piscator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:47 PM   #28
Mr. Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Moedee View Post
I loved hearing the cheering (not jeering or booing) after the B's scored their two goals. Only thing decent about the Bolts fans was the chick in the blue tanktop in the first row.

Let's go B's!
She was stacked!!

At the end of the first when they were gabbing about the hit to krechi the bolts goalie was handeling the puck in the restricted zone and the red was watching him! No one said anything!!!
During the 1st intermission I emailed versus.com and told them they missed this. During the beginning of the 2nd they pointed it out and used language that was in my email but didn't say a fan sent this in... We should of had a 5 on 3
Old 05-22-2011, 09:02 PM   #29
Sundowner

So no posts after the loss,eh? F-in lightnin. The big deal now is that they dont lose confidence. That was a heartbreaker but them sons a bitches better shake it off. Claude said what I saw, they were just skating around like zombies in the 3rd. I can only imagine what a mental toll that took on professional players in that situation but they are coming home!!!

GO B'S
Old 05-22-2011, 09:07 PM   #30
Sundowner

and Kaberle is on my list, that s.o.b. has effed up the entire playoff season, he was brought in for the PP and hows that workin? They keep showing him blowing wind on the bench, that mo fo better grab a pair and git his sheet 2gether, I could make a case about him losing every game thus far