Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » How To's, F.A.Q.s, Tips, & Tricks

How To's, F.A.Q.s, Tips, & Tricks How-To's, Tips & Tricks plus Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) **** Please Do Not Start Discussions or Ask New Questions in Here **** This is for popular Threads To be moved here for easy access & discussion. Post all new questions in main Stripertalk Forum

Old 04-25-2006, 08:31 AM   #1
Bronko

Rod Holder

Anybody using an "interior" rod rack in their SUV? I have been searching the net for an interior system to cary a couple of rods for this season. I stumbled upon this system and thought I'd ask if anybody has used it. Thanks for any input.

http://www.rodmounts.com/RodLoftPRO.ivnu
Bronko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 01:49 PM   #2
tynan19
Stuck In Reality

How long are your rods? They will be right over your head or to the side if they are longer than 9 ft. Are outside ones not an option? If you wanted to get one for the top you can get Thule Ski Racks for around 100+. They lock also.
tynan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 03:43 PM   #3
Bronko

I was thinking the same thing. Rods are between 8'6" to 10.' I guess I just won't be able to wear my top hat.
Bronko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 04:53 PM   #4
tynan19
Stuck In Reality

Just take a rod and go to your SUV and open the top window. Stick the rod in and see how mush room you have?
tynan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 05:04 PM   #5
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

That is sweet.....definitely one to consider for the Tahoe.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 10:51 PM   #6
AT Grimaldi

Hello all. I have been using this system for several years now. It fits excellently inside my 01 Pathfinder and can hold upto 9 9' rods with no problems.

I highly recommend them. You might also want to check out their roof mounts as I use them in conjunction when driving down the beach for fly rods. Spinners and conventionals go in the front Angler's Aluminum 6-pack and the fly rods go on the roof.

I can't speak highly enough about this company.

- ATG

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AT Grimaldi

RISAA Member

Ron Arra Lami 1083 biggot!
Penn 4500 SS w/ 14# chart. FireLine

Ron Arra Lami 1083 custom
Abu Garcia C3 6500 Rocket

Hopelessly addicted custom wood addict. Working 2nd Step.
AT Grimaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 08:50 PM   #7
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Yup, it works out great. Still have to break down 10'6"allstar 1265-2 but is ok as the rack keeps the tahoe much more usable (translation; I can actually take other people with me without removing rods) I would recommend it.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote