Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-28-2019, 02:56 PM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

House to vote on impeachment

The Committee on Rules will meet on Wednesday, October 30, 2019 at 3:00 PM in H-313, The Capitol on the following measure:

H. Res. ___ — Directing certain committees to continue their ongoing investigations as part of the existing House of Representatives inquiry into whether sufficient grounds exist for the House of Representatives to exercise its Constitutional power to impeach Donald John Trump, President of the United States of America, and for other purposes. [Original Jurisdiction Markup]
Created: Oct 28, 2019

So since the House is going to vote on the impeachment inquiry and start public hearings, the two things Trumplicans have been asking for, I assume they’ll stop carping about the unfairness and secrecy of this whole thing.

Or will they now claim it's a public spectacle and an attempt to smear the President.

Or will they start calling for interviews to be done behind closed doors?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-28-2019, 03:10 PM   #2
wdmso

I understand it's not a vote to authorize impeachment it is a vote on a resolution asserting their right to conduct an impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump,

seeing Republicans have made up new standards when it comes to impeachment
Old 10-28-2019, 05:10 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
I understand it's not a vote to authorize impeachment it is a vote on a resolution asserting their right to conduct an impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump,

seeing Republicans have made up new standards when it comes to impeachment
obama asked a russian official to postpone missile talks to help him get re-elected. and he didn’t get impeached.

senate democrats sent a letter to ukraine asking them
to investigate Manafort and Trump, their political rivals, and they didn’t get impeached

all kinds of evidence that Biden engaged in a quid pro quo with ukraine, which, in addition to possibly achieving legitimate policy goals, also possibly benefitted his druggie son tremendously. Biden didn’t get impeached.

So who has different standards for what’s impeachable.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-28-2019, 05:14 PM   #4
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
obama asked a russian official to postpone missile talks to help him get re-elected. and he didn’t get impeached.

to investigate Manafort and Trump, their political rivals, and they didn’t get impeached

all kinds of evidence that Biden engaged in a quid pro quo with ukraine, which, in addition to possibly achieving legitimate policy goals, also possibly benefitted his druggie son tremendously. Biden didn’t get impeached.

None of them are POTUS not sure how you cant see the difference..

And you dont need a vote to have an impeachment hearing . Unless your a republican now its a thing
Old 10-28-2019, 05:28 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
None of them are POTUS not sure how you cant see the difference..

And you dont need a vote to have an impeachment hearing . Unless your a republican now its a thing
Obama wasn't potus? Wow I need to re-read my history...

And if what Trump did was wrong, by what logic is it OK for a VP or a senator to do it.

You are desperately trying to convince yourself of something you know isn't true, that was a laughable argument.

Trump will get impeached in the house, nothing will happen in the Senate. Meanwhile the IG and Durham investigations will also come out, and it will get even uglier if that's possible.
Old 10-28-2019, 06:12 PM   #6
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Obama wasn't potus? Wow I need to re-read my history....
Maybe he was running around sky-screaming "NOT MY PRESIDENT!!!"

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-28-2019, 06:08 PM   #7
spence

Quote:

If this is the mindset of an informed voter I'm afraid we're doomed as a Country.
Old 10-28-2019, 06:35 PM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
If this is the mindset of an informed voter I'm afraid we're doomed as a Country.
vague insults from a little
twerp who can never criticize his own side or compliment the other side. bleating of the sheep spence, that’s 90% of what you do. what did i stay exactly, that was wrong?

from a guy who literally couldn’t bring himself
to showup here for weeks after the election.
Old 10-28-2019, 07:07 PM   #9
spence

Quote:
twerp who can never criticize his own side or compliment the other side. bleating of the sheep spence, that’s 90% of what you do. what did i stay exactly, that was wrong?
You have pretty much all of it wrong. You are fact intolerant.

Quit with the stupid insults. I think you're better than that and you'll never be as big of a prick as your mentor SD.
Old 10-29-2019, 06:48 AM   #10
PaulS

Quote:

from a guy who literally couldn’t bring himself
to showup here for weeks after the election.
Old 10-28-2019, 03:44 PM   #11
Sea Dangles

😮
Old 10-28-2019, 06:17 PM   #12
Sea Dangles

Love seeing the butt hurt flakes spiraling out of control.
Old 10-28-2019, 06:35 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Love seeing the butt hurt flakes spiraling out of control.
going to get a lot worse. a lot worse.
Old 10-29-2019, 05:50 AM   #14
Pete F.
Canceled

So, let’s break this down:

1. Trumplicans oppose the whistleblower because it wasn’t a first-hand account. NOW they oppose a first-hand account.

2. Trumplicans demanded a vote on impeachment inquiry. NOW they oppose the vote on the impeachment inquiry.

They’re desperate.

Just to put a cherry on top here, Graham was among the 1st to spearhead the idea that the whistleblower couldn’t be trusted cuz the account was hearsay. Now that someone on the call has come forward he says this is no different than Dems asking Ukraine to cooperate with Mueller.

Just flailing aren’t they, like jumpers without chutes.

The big question: “Is the Memorandum of Telecomm a complete and accurate record of the conversation?”
Old 10-29-2019, 06:38 AM   #15
Sea Dangles

Oh no. 🙈
Old 10-29-2019, 08:42 AM   #16
Pete F.
Canceled

How many more Never Trumpers will be allowed to testify about a perfectly appropriate phone call when all anyone has to do is READ THE TRANSCRIPT! I knew people were listening in on the call (why would I say something inappropriate?), which was fine with me, but why so many?
8:47 AM · Oct 29, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

Good idea, here's some quotes

:
Zelensky: we are almost ready to buy more Javelins from the US for defense purposes.
DJT: I would like you to do us a favor though...
DJT: Mr. Giuliani is a highly respected man...I would like him to call you...

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-29-2019, 09:46 AM   #17
Sea Dangles

Jiminy crickets
🍔
Old 10-29-2019, 10:25 AM   #18
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Jiminy crickets
🍔
🍑🤡

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-29-2019, 11:34 AM   #19
wdmso

House GOP Leader Says Ukraine Expert 'Is Wrong' About Trump Call

Shocking ..
Old 10-29-2019, 12:12 PM   #20
Pete F.
Canceled

Gordon Sondland Desperately Tries to Unscrew Himself By Telling the Truth

EU Amb. Gordon Sondland now tells Congress that there was a quid pro quo involved with Ukraine after previously denying it, Wall Street Journal reports.

The prospect of perjury charges seemed to concentrate his mind wonderfully.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-29-2019, 12:12 PM   #21
Pete F.
Canceled

A growing number of Republicans are privately warning of increasing fears of a total wipeout in 2020: House, Senate, and White House.

But not Donnie, or is he just putting on a brave front?

Nervous Nancy Pelosi is doing everything possible to destroy the Republican Party. Our Polls show that it is going to be just the opposite. The Do Nothing Dems will lose many seats in 2020. They have a Death Wish, led by a corrupt politician, Adam Schiff!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-29-2019, 12:18 PM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
A growing number of Republicans are privately warning of increasing fears of a total wipeout in 2020: House, Senate, and White House.

But not Donnie, or is he just putting on a brave front?

Nervous Nancy Pelosi is doing everything possible to destroy the Republican Party. Our Polls show that it is going to be just the opposite. The Do Nothing Dems will lose many seats in 2020. They have a Death Wish, led by a corrupt politician, Adam Schiff!
which republicans are worried
about a wipeout? funny how you automatically assume their opinions are valid.

One of the libs here started a thread recently, where Moody’s analytics firm, with a good record of predicting presidential races, says a trump reelection is likely. how do you know that nervous republicans are more credible?

i think it’s you, not trump, who is putting on a brave face, desperately trying to convince yourself of something you don’t actually believe.

if the economy holds and if he inks a good deal with china, and if the democrat candidate isn’t named Joe Biden, he’ll probably get re-elected.

when you exist in a bubble, and you get all facts from sources that agree with you, and you never listen with an open mind to anything that anyone else has to say, it’s very easy to believe that everyone is exactly like you, and that the election will go your way.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 10-29-2019 at 12:30 PM..
Old 10-29-2019, 02:54 PM   #23
Sea Dangles

PeteF will be getting his dinner soon enough🍔
Old 10-29-2019, 03:57 PM   #24
Pete F.
Canceled

Maybe since R's have no problem Trump can stipulate in Senate trial:
I asked Ukraine to find damaging material on Biden.
The aid and the meeting would not happen without a public statement from Ukraine's president.
I withheld the aid to encourage Ukraine to find information.
Old 10-29-2019, 06:48 PM   #25
Pete F.
Canceled

Reminder, Vindman’s testimony doesn’t just impeach Trump.

It also impeaches Pompeo.
Old 10-29-2019, 08:46 PM   #26
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Pretty sad that the desperate GOP mouth pieces and RNC media disparage a loyal patriot and someone willing to put his life on the line for OUR freedom, in order to discredit his honest accounting of the “perfect” call. The cover up is beginning to unravel and the distraction tactics will ramp up out of necessity.
Old 10-30-2019, 04:16 AM   #27
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Pretty sad that the desperate GOP mouth pieces and RNC media disparage a loyal patriot and someone willing to put his life on the line for OUR freedom, in order to discredit his honest accounting of the “perfect” call. The cover up is beginning to unravel and the distraction tactics will ramp up out of necessity.
it would be fun to compile your predictions of doom
Old 10-30-2019, 03:30 PM   #28
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
it would be fun to compile your predictions of doom
Predicting Trump and his news station will go after anyone who comes out with truth that contradicts the narrative is so easy, I wish Vegas put odds on it I’d be buying a really big boat with captain and crew. Not much of a prediction to suggest the “no quid pro quo” narrative was eventually doomed to be dispelled.
Old 10-30-2019, 08:49 AM   #29
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

Supporters dont care it was on Fox or BREITBART it has to be True

Funny hearings for nixon Clinton Impeachments and benghazi probe were all conducted behind closed door .. Republicans complaining about precedence is laughable.. (and spewing revisionist history )

can you say Merrick Garland yet they have said if a vacancy occurs within the same time frame prior until the next election they will not wait until after the election so much for precedence

Republicans Accuse Colonel Vindman, a Jew Who Fled Soviet Persecution, of Dual Loyalty

“Here we have a U.S. national security official who is advising Ukraine while working inside the White House, apparently against the president’s interest,” Fox News host Laura Ingraham said on Monday night.

Only republicans get away with claiming to be patriots and attacking patriots... its always conspiracy after conspiracy supported by state new FOX
Old 10-29-2019, 09:21 PM   #30
Pete F.
Canceled

The White House Changed The Ukraine Call Memo To Cover Up Trump's Crimes