Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-01-2019, 02:54 PM   #31
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Hahaha
Still an historically terrible candidate who never should have been there. I smell a repeat btw.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I didn’t like Hillary, but she wouldn’t be selling our national security and allowing Russia to gain more ground for a personal favor, while inviting foreign interference in our elections. What other favors will Trump be asking for in another four years and god help us all if a major military conflict breaks out demanding our involvement, I’d trust Trump with our national security about as far as I could throw his fat arse.
Old 12-01-2019, 04:52 PM   #32
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
She had far more moral character than Trump as did all the democratic and Republican candidates in the last election and the current election. If the Republicans continue to give him their unequivocal support and have no problem with his lack of moral character that is on them.
i disagree that hilary is far morally superior
to trump. splitting hairs. neither has any scruples.
Old 12-01-2019, 05:45 PM   #33
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i disagree that hilary is far morally superior
to trump. splitting hairs. neither has any scruples.
So give me some examples of her lack of morals and we can compare them to Trump's
Old 12-01-2019, 06:06 PM   #34
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
gibberish.
Trump’s approval ratings are mired in the low 40s, and he may remain the first president since modern polling began whose favorability number has never been above 50 percent in a Gallup poll.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-01-2019, 06:49 PM   #35
Jim in CT

Quote:
So give me some examples of her lack of morals and we can compare them to Trump's
she married a predator, lied to protect him ( claimed
the gop was framing him), and slut shamed his victims on national
tv, calling them narcissist looney tunes.

Spin that in a positive way.

Gimme a break. She and Bill are deeply corrupt. But he was a good
potus. like the current potus, deeply flawed but doing a good
job.
Old 12-01-2019, 06:49 PM   #36
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Trump’s approval ratings are mired in the low 40s, and he may remain the first president since modern polling began whose favorability number has never been above 50 percent in a Gallup poll.
then why are you so scared?

Why does Newsweek have to
lie about what he did over thanksgiving? Why can’t the media be fair for a day?
Old 12-01-2019, 06:57 PM   #37
PaulS

Quote:
she married a predator, lied to protect him ( claimed
the gop was framing him), and slut shamed his victims on national
tv, calling them narcissist looney tunes.

Spin that in a positive way.

Gimme a break. She and Bill are deeply corrupt. But he was a good
potus. like the current potus, deeply flawed but doing a good
job.
none of that's even close to the current scummy person we have in office. Did you feel warm and tingly when the president-elect you voted for stood up there and made fun of spazzes and retards (the "takers")? When he calls people human scum? Do you know of a lot of people who have been banned from ever starting a charity like our president is? And how are Bill and Hillary corrupt and why haven't they been arrested or indicted?
Old 12-01-2019, 07:04 PM   #38
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Such. A dishonest statement . Sadly my dislike for Trump is based on his behavior as Potus . I understand you think its just i dont like him.

Thats just you taking an intellectual shortcut.
Actually, it is me calling you out on a stupid meme you posted. I am not surprised to see you lash out with gibberish when cornered with common sense.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 12-01-2019, 07:09 PM   #39
Sea Dangles

Quote:
none of that's even close to the current scummy person we have in office. Did you feel warm and tingly when the president-elect you voted for stood up there and made fun of spazzes and retards (the "takers")? When he calls people human scum? Do you know of a lot of people who have been banned from ever starting a charity like our president is? And how are Bill and Hillary corrupt and why haven't they been arrested or indicted?
Sure,they are honest as the day is long.

Besides having to reimburse the White House for all of the items they “mistakenly “ stole.

Who would ever question their integrity? Certainly not a #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 12-01-2019, 07:31 PM   #40
Pete F.
Canceled

Keep in mind Russia hacked the RNC and the DNC but they only released the DNC emails. You have to wonder what they found on the RNC.
Old 12-01-2019, 07:33 PM   #41
Pete F.
Canceled

Now DT is having Russia join a cyber security team. What could go wrong? Everything. Or more meddling in the 2020 elections.
Putin’s Puppet
Old 12-01-2019, 08:28 PM   #42
Jim in CT

Quote:
paul, my disdain for trump is deeper than yours, because it’s genuine, not political. i decided during the clinton years that a potus could be a scumbag but still be a good potus.

Hilary also had benghazi where she kept flip flopping on what happened, she took zillions from shady foreign governments tonher foundation when she was sec state, the email
server thing should
have resulted in an arrest according to TDF who is non partisan and a subject matter expert.
Old 12-01-2019, 08:46 PM   #43
PaulS

Quote:
paul, my disdain for trump is deeper than yours, because it’s genuine, not political. i decided during the clinton years that a potus could be a scumbag but still be a good potus.

Hilary also had benghazi where she kept flip flopping on what happened, she took zillions from shady foreign governments tonher foundation when she was sec state, the email
server thing should
have resulted in an arrest according to TDF who is non partisan and a subject matter expert.
the vast majority of my comments about Trump deal with his character or lack of character more than his politics which I certainly disagree with a lot of. Clinton and Benghazi was a made-up issue in which a tragedy was politicized. Again, all of the Democrats and all of the Republicans who ran for president had far better character that who the Republicans ultimately elected.
Old 12-01-2019, 08:59 PM   #44
Jim in CT

Quote:
the vast majority of my comments about Trump deal with his character or lack of character more than his politics which I certainly disagree with a lot of. Clinton and Benghazi was a made-up issue in which a tragedy was politicized. Again, all of the Democrats and all of the Republicans who ran for president had far better character that who the Republicans ultimately elected.
you criticize trump, but bend over backwards to defend hilary. partisan politics, that’s all it is. i dislike them both.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:17 PM   #45
PaulS

Quote:
you criticize trump, but bend over backwards to defend hilary. partisan politics, that’s all it is. i dislike them both.
How am I Bending backwards to defend Hillary? I hardly ever mentioned her. You brought her into the conversation, not me.
Old 12-02-2019, 07:35 AM   #46
Jim in CT

Quote:
How am I Bending backwards to defend Hillary? I hardly ever mentioned her. You brought her into the conversation, not me.
you attacked Trump ( fairly) for insulting people, but said it’s not as bad when hilary went on national tv and slut-shamed her husbands victims.

you said it was a fabricated controversy, that hilary blamed a video ( therefore blaming an american citizen who made the video) for the benghazi attack.
Old 12-02-2019, 07:40 AM   #47
PaulS

Trump does more vile things than Hillary or anyone does in a year and yet you are the one bending over backwards to defend him by trying to make a comparison where there is none. The Repub. bought into conspiracy theories (as they seem to be doing now w/UKR re. election interference and as they always seem to do) to try to blame Hillary for Benghazi.
Old 12-02-2019, 07:48 AM   #48
scottw

i know you are but what am i......
Old 12-02-2019, 08:13 AM   #49
Jim in CT

Quote:
Trump does more vile things than Hillary or anyone does in a year and yet you are the one bending over backwards to defend him by trying to make a comparison where there is none. The Repub. bought into conspiracy theories (as they seem to be doing now w/UKR re. election interference and as they always seem to do) to try to blame Hillary for Benghazi.
i don’t bend over backwards to defend trump, not ever. he’s a morally bankrupt reptile and i never would have voted for him
in a primary. but i believe his policies are far better for the nation than hilary’s would
have been, and that’s more important. she’s also no slouch in the corruption department.
Old 12-02-2019, 08:15 AM   #50
Jim in CT

Quote:
i don’t blame hilary for benghazi ( though she owns the decision to reject the ambassadors repeated requests for
more security). i blame her for the way she reacted to benghazi, by throwing an american citizen under the bus. who else should
i blame for her actions? Did Trump force her to do that, with a Jedi mind trick?
Old 12-02-2019, 08:17 AM   #51
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:

Some of Benghazi was made up and some was beaten to death, but a sizeable majority of issues (the Video, Stand Down, consistent bad decision making at State, MISSING EMAILS FFS BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT ON GOVERNMENT SYSTEMS) did exist.

Quote:
you attacked Trump ( fairly) for insulting people, but said it’s not as bad when hilary went on national tv and slut-shamed her husbands victims.

you said it was a fabricated controversy, that hilary blamed a video ( therefore blaming an american citizen who made the video) for the benghazi attack.
It is all a mess and it better get fixed soon or I fear this experiment is done.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 12-02-2019, 08:24 AM   #52
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Some of Benghazi was made up and some was beaten to death, but a sizeable majority of issues (the Video, Stand Down, consistent bad decision making at State, MISSING EMAILS FFS BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT ON GOVERNMENT SYSTEMS) did exist.

It is all a mess and it better get fixed soon or I fear this experiment is done.
he’s probably going to get re elected, so there will
be more temper tantrums. the threats to the experiment are deeper than trump I’m afraid. the entire media is working for one political party, we are weakening the family which is the bedrock
of everything...
Old 12-02-2019, 08:26 AM   #53
scottw

more protests and funny hats.....

i wonder if pete will ever run out of gas.....
Old 12-02-2019, 08:44 AM   #54
Pete F.
Canceled

🍑💩🤡
Old 12-02-2019, 08:56 AM   #55
wdmso

I still haven't heard a convincing argument on why he should be re elected. Caracter isn't a quality the Right wants nor is honesty or competency or a stable foreign or domestic policy the deficit isn't a concern faith he has none . The economy and jobs ( hes done nothing. Structurally no infrastructure) its a sad reason to vote for Trump because Dems hate him and ingnore the rest.. and thats putting America 1st ..
LOL
Old 12-02-2019, 09:35 AM   #56
Sea Dangles

Quote:
I still haven't heard a convincing argument on why he should be re elected. Caracter isn't a quality the Right wants nor is honesty or competency or a stable foreign or domestic policy the deficit isn't a concern faith he has none . The economy and jobs ( hes done nothing. Structurally no infrastructure) its a sad reason to vote for Trump because Dems hate him and ingnore the rest.. and thats putting America 1st ..
LOL
All that the Dems need to unseat him is a competent candidate. If anybody on the left is aware of such then they are doing a great job of hiding it.
LOL

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 12-02-2019, 09:41 AM   #57
scottw

no kidding, right...?..if he's as bad as the mentally damaged contend, this should be the easiest democrap victory in the history of democrap victories
Old 12-02-2019, 10:50 AM   #58
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
All that the Dems need to unseat him is a competent candidate. If anybody on the left is aware of such then they are doing a great job of hiding it.
LOL
thanks for making my point
Old 12-02-2019, 11:16 AM   #59
Sea Dangles

Quote:
thanks for making my point
Your point was that Rs are voting for Trump to spite flakes. The reality is that they are voting for the best candidate. Sorry if that hurts your feelings but wtf.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 12-02-2019, 01:17 PM   #60
Jim in CT

Quote:
LOL
get your fingers out of your ears and listen. the economy is roaring, the right loves the judges he is appointing, he’s taking the fight to jihadists.