Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-09-2018, 03:03 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Graham is just interviewing for a cabinet position. He’s a playa pure and simple.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
You're talking about the senator from SC? What he has been, is someone who for his whole career, has been more concerned with being popular with democrats, than he has been with advancing republican principles.

Also worth noting that since the Kavanaugh matter, the left is making fun of him for the rumors that he's gay. When did 'gay' become an insult to liberals?
Old 10-09-2018, 03:17 PM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

Also worth noting that since the Kavanaugh matter, the left is making fun of him for the rumors that he's gay. When did 'gay' become an insult to liberals?
You must be watching Faux or another state station, that is the ONLY place i saw that, they are always looking for the crazy uncle to equal Don the Con

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-09-2018, 04:06 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
You must be watching Faux or another state station, that is the ONLY place i saw that, they are always looking for the crazy uncle to equal Don the Con
Is Saturday Nught Live and Bill Maher on Faux News?

no one equals trump for obnoxious behavior, but he doesn’t have a monopoly. he’s just better at it than the democrats, which is why he won, and continues to win.
Old 10-09-2018, 06:11 PM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

no one equals trump for obnoxious behavior, but he doesn’t have a monopoly. he’s just better at it than the democrats, which is why he won, and continues to win.
Jim
Though SNL and Bill Maher are about as truthful as Fox, they actually are comedians

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-09-2018, 06:20 PM   #5
spence

Quote:

What exactly is he winning? Tax cuts that are deepening the national debt? Trade deals that are hurting American farmers? Health care limitations that are leaving more uninsured and raising rates on those that are? Environmental protections that infringe our water supply, climate change and national parks? Etc... etc...

What does winning really look like to you? Please describe your ideal end state.
Old 10-09-2018, 07:00 PM   #6
scottw

Quote:

What exactly is he winning?

pretty much everything
Old 10-09-2018, 08:49 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
What exactly is he winning? Tax cuts that are deepening the national debt? Trade deals that are hurting American farmers? Health care limitations that are leaving more uninsured and raising rates on those that are? Environmental protections that infringe our water supply, climate change and national parks? Etc... etc...

What does winning really look like to you? Please describe your ideal end state.
"What does winning really look like to you?"

I said Trump is winning. If you want me to describe what Trump winning looks like, I'd say winning an election that no one thought he had a chance to win (which rendered you MIA for a long time from here), the nation has been safe from jihadists, the economy is soaring, his numbers are rising, he has filled two SCOTUS vacancies with people he likes. And finally, a barometer for him that he's winning, is the complete and total meltdown that the left is experiencing He is living rent-free in all of your heads, and he loves it. He's winning.
Old 10-09-2018, 06:15 PM   #8
spence

Quote:
You're talking about the senator from SC? What he has been, is someone who for his whole career, has been more concerned with being popular with democrats, than he has been with advancing republican principles.

His shift to trump is telling. I’ve never heard of anyone saying he’s gay by the way.
Old 10-09-2018, 08:54 PM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
His shift to trump is telling. I’ve never heard of anyone saying he’s gay by the way.
Graham did not shift to Trump (my God, everything is about Trump to you people). He defended Kavanaugh from a smear campaign. I don 't like Trump any more today than I did last month, but I defended Kavanaugh. Defending the presumption of innocence, and embracing Trump, aren't the same thing. The fact that you can't differentiate these things shows that Trump Derangement Syndrome is strong in you. EVERYTHING to you, is about Trump.

Here's the difference between the 2 parties. In 2008, the GOP was annihilated. Completely annihilated. In response, the GOP formed the tea party, and we went to work. And for the most part, we did it with civility, and with a lot of help from Obama in the form of liberal over-reaching.

When the Democrats started losing, they formed Occupy Wall Street, Black Lives Matter, and ANTIFA. Compare that to the tea party?

Hilary says it's impossible to be civil with Republicans. Not with Trump, but with all Republicans. Good thing she's not bitter.