Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-20-2023, 06:39 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Never underestimate the power of Fox News to prop him up as a front runner, and the MAGA masses to use group think and blinders to obediently follow what the Fox overlords say.

Better get himself some lifts like Trump, he’d be the shortest president since Truman.
Though I think he’s using them to get to 5’9”
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Hey looney tunes, is it a fox myth, or irrefutable fact, that he won what was a purple state recently, by a landslide?

850 people a day moving there...another myth.
Old 01-20-2023, 06:44 PM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Hey looney tunes, is it a fox myth, or irrefutable fact, that he won what was a purple state recently, by a landslide?

Well retard, nothing will deter your addiction to DeSantis.
And certainly not a non wacko like Hogan.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-20-2023, 06:59 PM   #3
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:

Greatest hits all day every day just tune in people to hear your all time favs.
Old 01-20-2023, 07:21 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Greatest hits all day every day just tune in people to hear your all time favs.
when you lunatics stop saying he’s incompetent, i’ll stop pointing out facts that show otherwise. fair enough?

bob, FL is a huge and diverse state,,and very recently it was a purple state. He single handedly turned it red, won in a landslide, won miami dade county, and did so largely by showing ridiculous courage in not following the herd on covid-19. i thought he was a lunatic for opening up, but he saw the data and refused to pulverize his citizens for no good reason. that’s pretty much the definition of leadership. and his resume? impressive by any honest standard.
Old 01-21-2023, 08:46 AM   #5
Nebe

Quote:

They move there for the warmth and the tax befits.
Old 01-21-2023, 09:35 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
They move there for the warmth and the tax befits.
southern CA is warm and people aren’t moving there.

tax benefits are obviously a direct result of conservative politics.

obviously they aren’t moving there because they hope to catch a glimpse of Desantis. They’re moving there because they like his policies, one of which is no state income tax.

nebe, the guy showed unimaginable courage by not following the herd and locking down for years during covid. his residents benefitted enormously from that. You can’t give him credit for that? everyone who works, every kid in a public school, benefitted from his leadership on this one issue. Yet Governor Cuomo ( who locked down much longer, has a smaller senior population, yet had a higher death rate) is called the “gold standard” in covid leadership.
Old 01-21-2023, 09:53 AM   #7
spence

Quote:
They’re moving there because they like his policies, one of which is no state income tax.
Dearest Jim, Florida abolished personal income tax in 1855.
Old 01-21-2023, 11:07 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Dearest Jim, Florida abolished personal income tax in 1855.
and under desantis, there still
isn’t one.

Spence, which governor did a better job than Desantis, during covid, regarding education for children? Who showed actual leadership by ignoring what the sheep were doing, and following actual factual
data which said schools did not need to be closed?

Unlike democrat governors, Desantis isn’t beholden to teachers unions. Therefore he did was was actually best for kids, rather then what made life easiest for union members, , which came at the expense of children.

He showed courage on this one issue, and hit it 800 feet out of the park, and america knows it.
Old 01-21-2023, 12:17 PM   #9
spence

Quote:
and under desantis, there still
isn’t one.

Spence, which governor did a better job than Desantis, during covid, regarding education for children? Who showed actual leadership by ignoring what the sheep were doing, and following actual factual
data which said schools did not need to be closed?

Unlike democrat governors, Desantis isn’t beholden to teachers unions. Therefore he did was was actually best for kids, rather then what made life easiest for union members, , which came at the expense of children.

He showed courage on this one issue, and hit it 800 feet out of the park, and america knows it.
You forgot the part about how Desantis created the Florida plateau 530 million years ago to give the incoming residents a thousand miles of beaches to enjoy.

He also closed schools like every other state, the difference is he pompously backtracked so people like you would think it never happened. FL and NY have similar populations and tell me who has had more Covid deaths.
Old 01-21-2023, 01:00 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
You forgot the part about how Desantis created the Florida plateau 530 million years ago to give the incoming residents a thousand miles of beaches to enjoy.

He also closed schools like every other state, the difference is he pompously backtracked so people like you would think it never happened. FL and NY have similar populations and tell me who has had more Covid deaths.
Is Desantis responsible for the current state public policy, after a full 4’year term? Yes or no?

Please tell how it’s not in the interests of “public good” to offer sign on bonuses to attract new police officers, but it is in the interests of public good if other people’s money is used to pay off student loans that your family agreed to pay back.

I’ll wait.

No one said FL schools were never closed. But he opened them back up way before blue states did. And he was right. He was right, because he was reacting to scientific data, while democrat governors took their orders from teachers unions.