Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 09-05-2013, 07:06 PM   #1
Saltheart

Looking forward to see how Welker and Manning do tonight

I plan to tune in to the Denver game for a while tonight to see Wes Welker's debut as a Bronco. I got a feeling he and Manning are going to light up the league this year if neither gets hurt. I always liked Welker and cried when he and Bill couldn't kiss and make up.

Anyway , tough on your brain when you hope Welker breaks some records but also hope the Broncos lose half their games! My sense of reality says he and Manning go together like peas and carrots and that come Jan/Feb. we got to beat those two somewhere in the playoffs.

Good luck Wes. May your team crash and burn but may you lead the league in receptions.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:59 PM   #2
Raven

i think it's appropriate that a Raven got the first 2013 touchdown mmmhmm
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:03 AM   #3
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Big night for Manning.
7 td, 2 to Welker

LETS GO BRANDON
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:03 AM   #4
Sea Dangles

I loved watching him fumble the punt.
I know he got us there, but that little poopoo head cost us a Lombardi.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:29 AM   #5
Clammer

over the last few years . some of coach Bill B calls IMO have been .way off / 4 & go 4 it .

Getting rid of welker was the biggest mistake he ever made .......................IMO he,s gotten to cocky with himself .He sould have gone before walker

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:46 PM   #6
Saltheart

A great first half of that game then Manning exploded. Wes did a fine job. Yes he screwed up the punt but overall he had a great game. Wait till Manning starts to get in his head that Welker is not only a good planned play guy but also his most reliable emergency outlet. I think Welker will get his 120 receptions again this year if not more.

Denver has a heck of an offense. Will be interesting to see what the Pats can do in their opening game.

As far as Bill and Wes goes , its the most crazy thing. A great coach and his receiver who is all heart and a perennial league leader in receptions can't get along Despite phenomenal success overall. Hard to figure that one out.

Anyway , I enjoyed the game and was happy to see him (WW) rack up some good numbers.

Saltheart
Old 09-06-2013, 04:23 PM   #7
FishermanTim

You hate to see a rival QB/team do well, but you can't hate Welker for doing what he did for us for so long....and being great at it!!!

I am a legend in my own mind!
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #8
Goose

Last season Wes dropped a few balls that should have easily been caught...that was Wes being Wes and I think that to played into decision.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:36 PM   #9
Saltheart

He left the Pats. They didn't cut him. In fact they offered more money than the Broncos but by that time his relationship with Bill was beyond repair.

When you get thrown to hundreds of times and catch close to 10 dozen passes , the odds are you will drop some now and then.

Not aimed at you Goose but anybody who blames Welker missing a pass as the reason we didn't win a superbowl has blinders on and just won't admit Tom didn't bring it that day.

Saltheart
Old 09-06-2013, 06:45 PM   #10
Slipknot
Super Moderator

yep, I seem to remember the game for us starting out with a freakin safety

Bill did not get rid of Wes

it's history now, got to play with who is on the field

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:48 PM   #11
Pete F.
Canceled

I think Welker went where he thought he had the best chance of getting a ring. Time will tell

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote