Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-22-2008, 01:33 PM   #1
EarnedStripes44

Twilight Zone Music Now Please....

...pardon the presumption, but do I smell sabotage. If they can sabatoge entire presidential election (2000) why cant they sabotage a cessna. This guy and Karl Rove had an extensive professional relationship. Ironically, there relationship had since chilled.

There will - if nothing else - be some great movies made about the Bush Administration.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ane-crash.html
Old 12-22-2008, 02:02 PM   #2
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

I'm thinking more the theme to The Godfather.

Question is....Who's Fredo?.....that must be Jeb

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 12-22-2008, 02:11 PM   #3
EarnedStripes44

yea, man....seriously. The drame here is thick.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:42 PM   #4
Raven

sounds Clintonian to me
Old 12-23-2008, 03:47 PM   #5
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Do you really think that it's possible to sabotage an airplane so it'll crash 3 miles from landing--that's about a minute and a half in flight at approach speed. Suppose he hit a tailwind enroute and arrived 3 minutes earlier?

You rig it so the engine quits right after take-off.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:13 PM   #6
EarnedStripes44

There are a lot of moving parts in a plane other than the engine that are in use when landing that could easily be tampered with, but I understand this is just a cessna. But on the other hand I would not say its beyond the realm of impossibility. Landing a plane is the easy part and although a storm had passed several hours earlier, weather conditions were not unfavorable. I dont know the facts, but courtesy of Instrument landing systems, a dog could land a delta shuttle (provided it aint Runway 13 at LaGuardia).

All that aside, the pilot thought his life was endanger. He believed his plane would be sabatoged. If a woman believes her husband will kill her, and she suffers some ominous accident....well you get the idea. This guy was the IT Guru for the Bush-Cheney administration; missing emails and all. This could all be an incredible coincidence and it could be that he ran out of fuel or lost his bearings in a low ceiling, but its the circumstances and from what I understand he was an experienced pilot. My eyebrows are raised.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:17 PM   #7
EarnedStripes44

sorry, he was KARL ROVE's IT consultant but he set up campaign websites and what not for Bush et al
Old 12-23-2008, 04:17 PM   #8
EarnedStripes44

...and snitch