Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » Kayaking

Kayaking After the frequent attempts at Bribery, beatings, and simply getting towed at Sunrise - S-B opens the Kayak Forums Also see http://www.ultimatekayakfishing.com

Old 05-31-2011, 09:29 PM   #1
chefchris401
Chris Blouin

Ignorance on the water

After reading the jet ski thread I thought id post this littel story of what happened the other day.

My girlfriend has gotten bitten by the kayak bug and is all about it, she is always borrowing my kayak and my suv and going off on paddle trips or "scrambles" as there called I guess. She has a couple friends how are really into it and she goes with them, there both experienced yakkers so I feel she is in good hands.

On Sunday, the 29th, I know not the best day to be out, but with schedules and work we go when we have the chance.

We launched out of colt state in bristol, ri. paddled into the millgut and around the salt pond, paddled out and when we were going under the bridge some punk kids thought it would be fun to spit on us from the top of the bridge, so after getting past those idiots we made our way around the dock and were paddling down the park.

We were about 100 yards from shore just cruising when these drunk kids decided to fly by us in their boat, within 50 feet from us, 11 people on maybe a 16 ft chris craft style boat, going full bore. My girl almost got washed over by the wake, i turned into it and got soaked.

The a holes on the boat thought it was funny cause you could hear them talking about how they almost tipped us over, they made two more passes by us, each time a lil closer.

Someone on shore must have called the DEM cause when we got back to the boat launch they were there waiting for us, asked us what happened and filled out some paperwork.

The boat showed up about 5 minutes after we had all the gear stored away and kayaks loaded up. 3 kids got arrested for operating a boat under the influence, drinking, no PVDs on the boat at all, over capacity, etc, etc.

Was nice to see some justice.

Luckily no one was hurt this time and my girlfriend still wants to continue to go out.

Be safe out there guys and girls, theres some real winners out there.

STORMR Pro Staff Member
chefchris401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:38 PM   #2
luds
Night Stalker

They got what they deserved. Hopefully they will learn from it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
luds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:41 PM   #3
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Can't wait till someone screws with me! They will rue the day!!!

I would have cast a 2 oz. crippled herring at those little spitters!!! Bounced it right off their friggin' head!!!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:44 AM   #4
Rockport24
President - S-B Chapter - Kelly Clarkson Fan Club

yeah that sucks, some a holes think "running over kayakers" is a fun past-time. That is freakin' great that they got busted. When you think about it, you don't need a license to operate a boat so it's like the wild west out there. I tend to stay away from areas with yahoos like that around and I always try to fish early am or night when the boat traffic is minimal, but sometimes its invevitable. We all just really have to be vigilant out there.

Next time someone tries to do that, go get up near some shallows rocks and laugh when they destroy their boat trying to swamp you!
Rockport24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:51 AM   #5
fishbones

That sucks, Chris. I'm glad your GF and you are both ok. There are lots of people out there who are just a-holes and or idiots. Glad to hear that those guys got what they deserved.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:03 AM   #6
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

im glad you are ok and Im glad they got busted.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:31 AM   #7
Slingah

Lmfao @ those idiots. Justice prevails.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Slingah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:27 PM   #8
FishermanTim

I hope they lost the boat!
AND got a hefty fine!

Does a boat OUI carry over to their driving record?
If not, it definitely should!
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote