Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-03-2016, 06:40 PM   #1
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by hq2 View Post
I dunno, not a huge Hillary supporter. As far as Trump is concerned...
in '62 my dad had the car packed to go to a fall out shelter during the Cuban missile crisis. 50% chance we had a nuclear war then. If it were
Trump on the trigger, more like 90. Case closed.
You've made an accusation. You did not make a case.
Old 10-04-2016, 01:49 AM   #2
scottw

heard a Hillary supporting talking head explain the other day that they were frustrated that Hillary's primary message as to why someone should support her is that she's "not Trump"....problem is that each time she tries to characterize Trump as a misogynist....Bill and all of his dirty deeds pop up..... as unstable....she keels over somewhere....as reckless.....more emails are released.....as an advantaged rich white guy....her ties to wall street and the advantaged super rich are shown....as crooked....we're reminded that she leads the league and has set the bar very high/or low, depending on how you view it..
......don't know about the story running on Drudge but now Bill Clinton's "son" has popped up?...apparently if Obama had a son he'd look like Bill Clinton's son? which I guess makes sense because Bill Clinton was actually our first black president......this too funny and gets more amusing all the time...which I guess is the point of reality TV...and WIKI leak is set to drop the big one?

Last edited by scottw; 10-04-2016 at 02:53 AM..
Old 10-21-2016, 04:45 AM   #3
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
You've made an accusation. You did not make a case.

Accusations is all most have have provided against Hilliary for months

yet you are 1 of the few that have made the case For as to why Trump would be a better Choice (one issue) which is your choice.. I choose not to take a narrow view of the next 4 years
yet I clearly understand the Potus is not the issue its congress if either win its congress who will make the difference.. if they choose to do anything

He is unfit just by this statement alone

Donald Trump Says He'll Accept The Results Of The Election ... If He Wins

Last edited by wdmso; 10-21-2016 at 04:52 AM..
Old 10-21-2016, 07:46 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Accusations is all most have have provided against Hilliary for months

yet you are 1 of the few that have made the case For as to why Trump would be a better Choice (one issue) which is your choice.. I choose not to take a narrow view of the next 4 years
yet I clearly understand the Potus is not the issue its congress if either win its congress who will make the difference.. if they choose to do anything

He is unfit just by this statement alone

Donald Trump Says He'll Accept The Results Of The Election ... If He Wins
"Accusations is all most have have provided against Hilliary for months "

Is it merely an accusation to call her a serial liar? How many lies would you like us to cite? Is it an accusation to say that she claimed that 25% of the country is "deplorable"? You specifically asked me for evidence that she is running on hate, I pointed out the deplorables remark, and you dodged. It gets tiresome...

"Donald Trump Says He'll Accept The Results Of The Election ... If He Wins"

Trump is getting a lot of heat for not stating that he'd accept a loss and go away. Have all of you forgotten what happened in 2000? Did Al Gore accept defeat graciously and walk away? Because unless I was hallucinating for a few weeks, I remember him fighting that all the way to the US Supreme Court. But Trump is supposed to promise that he won't do that, 3 weeks out?

With liberals, it's ALWAYS "do as I say, not as I do".

"yet some are willing to hire a foul mouth wrecking ball operator to FIX the Washington establishment... because he thinks The Potus can say your Fired !! "

Is that why his supporters are voting for him? Because he had a catch phrase on a TV show? Or is it because a huge majority of the population thinks the country is heading in the wrong direction?

To me, the most sacred human right is the very right to be born, which is the sine qua non of every other right. If you take that right away from someone, it's hard to then impress that person with offers of free college tuition or free health care.

To a great many people in this country (myself included) the philosophy of liberalism fosters a culture of helplessness and dependency, and robs the individual of initiative, dignity, and freedom. Look at any of our nation's beleaguered inner cities for all the evidence you will ever need of this. Many of us believe that the greatest freedom you can bestow on another person (after the freedom to be alive in the first place) is a good job in a time of economic prosperity.

I'm not expecting you to agree with that definition of human rights. But is it really so hard to even to understand how people can view the world differently than liberals do?

Like you I personally dislike Donald Trump. I think he is a rude, obnoxious boor. But I like him a lot more than I like Hillary Clinton, who for 30 years has proven herself to be a greedy pathological liar on the world stage who will say anything for money or power and a serial enabler of the abuse of women in her private life. How you can regard her as an icon of feminism I'll never know. What feminist would be married to Bill Clinton?
Old 10-21-2016, 08:19 AM   #5
scottw

it's remarkable how much the leftists conveniently forget as they get on their high horses sniffing the air above them

there is either an epidemic of amnesia or a complete lack of self awareness throughout the left...

Trump sucks...but he still has yet to sink below the very low bar set by the Clinton Crime Syndicate