Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-30-2017, 08:58 AM   #31
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post

How not to get in trouble for harassment? Simple. Don't harass or assault someone.
seems like many of these guys would benefit from the Mike Pence rule .....
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 09:56 AM   #32
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 16,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Cough, cough.....Hillary's Email.....cough, cough....
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
How? I never denied she used private email or that it was a wise decision...but the investigations turned out to be a nothing burger.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 09:59 AM   #33
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist
iTrader: (1)
 
JohnR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Somewhere between OOB & west of Watch Hill
Posts: 31,737
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
seems like many of these guys would benefit from the Mike Pence rule .....
I know, right? But that rule is so offensive and sexist

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
How? I never denied she used private email or that it was a wise decision...but the investigations turned out to be a nothing burger.
She has her own rules, so did Bill (seeing we are discovering perverts and assaulters).

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers


Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.


Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 04:57 AM   #34
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 1,578
seeing this wasn't in some peoples inbox

Lawmaker 'used tax funds to settle sexual harassment claim'

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42203292
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 05:41 AM   #35
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
seeing this wasn't in some peoples inbox

Lawmaker 'used tax funds to settle sexual harassment claim'

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42203292
it's from Canada...sooo...probably just Spence's inbox
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 06:33 AM   #36
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,619
December 1, 2017

She Says She Quit Her Campaign Job After He Harassed Her. Now He’s In Congress.

Last year, a 25-year-old woman left her job on Democratic Rep. Ruben Kihuen’s campaign because of what she says were repeated, unwanted propositions for dates and sex. Responding to these allegations, the chair of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee said Kihuen should resign.


I guess this is one way to drain the swamp
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:12 AM   #37
Raven
........
iTrader: (0)
 
Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 22,690
Blog Entries: 1
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Can’t wait till the crosshairs are on Trump !
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
didn't do anything when bill clinton was Pres (his past) until
the ML scandal and the forensic evidence was discovered

but of course the political climate is quite different now
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 04:16 PM   #38
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
didn't do anything when bill clinton was Pres (his past) until
the ML scandal and the forensic evidence was discovered

but of course the political climate is quite different now
I agree. The political climate iscompletely turned now. The Dems are no longer protecting their own sexual deviants. Some think that they will now be able, without hypocrisy, demand that Trump resign after they produce their next volley of women who claim Trump "assaulted" them. They're busy covering any avenue available to get rid of Trump--Russian collusion, obstruction of justice, sexual perversion, along with and compounded by the usual, sexist, racist, homophobe, islamophobe, Nazi, yada, yada, yada.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 05:08 PM   #39
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 1,578
The Dems are no longer protecting their own sexual deviants."

But the Republicans are protecting their own sexual deviants. and they thank you for your continued support
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 06:04 PM   #40
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
The Dems are no longer protecting their own sexual deviants."

But the Republicans are protecting their own sexual deviants. and they thank you for your continued support
Thank you, and you're welcome. As I said, the political climate has turned. The Trump era has made the old Democrat tactics a viable option, since it worked so well for them in the past.

My support has nothing to do with the political climate.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 07:19 PM   #41
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 16,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Thank you, and you're welcome. As I said, the political climate has turned. The Trump era has made the old Democrat tactics a viable option, since it worked so well for them in the past.
I'd love for you to expand on this.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 09:18 PM   #42
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I'd love for you to expand on this.
Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not in the mood.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:14 AM   #43
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
The Dems are no longer protecting their own sexual deviants."
that's quite an admission
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:49 AM   #44
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 1,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
that's quite an admission
wasn't my statement it was another's.. who see's sexual assault differently . base on one parties affiliation ..

But again look who asking for accountability and those who are not ...

just another example of fact dont matter
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 06:33 AM   #45
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
that's quite an admission
And I suspect detbuch is correct about why, they want to claim the moral high ground on the issue, and demanding that Trump step down.
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 07:44 AM   #46
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
And I suspect detbuch is correct about why, they want to claim the moral high ground on the issue, and demanding that Trump step down.
so they've only changed because of Trump?....see, he's having a positive effect and is cleaning up the democrat party...they should be thankful
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:57 AM   #47
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 15,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
And I suspect detbuch is correct about why, they want to claim the moral high ground on the issue.
.....and hoping that after the dust settles there will be someone left to do that.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:57 AM   #48
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist
iTrader: (1)
 
JohnR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Somewhere between OOB & west of Watch Hill
Posts: 31,737
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
I agree. The political climate iscompletely turned now. The Dems are no longer protecting their own sexual deviants. Some think that they will now be able, without hypocrisy, demand that Trump resign after they produce their next volley of women who claim Trump "assaulted" them. They're busy covering any avenue available to get rid of Trump--Russian collusion, obstruction of justice, sexual perversion, along with and compounded by the usual, sexist, racist, homophobe, islamophobe, Nazi, yada, yada, yada.
The Clintons don't have the chips they once did (nor the usefulness) so they can be sacrificed now

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
so they've only changed because of Trump?....see, he's having a positive effect and is cleaning up the democrat party...they should be thankful
I have heard this, people actually believing it is because Trump is so distasteful , people have the courage to accuse other parties that once abused them. Where was this courage when Bill Clinton was pres?

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers


Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.


Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com