Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-14-2018, 08:54 AM   #61
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Haiti might not be the best place to visit, but the people who reported after the tragic quake said they were amazed with the character and strength of the people.

Enjoy your bed tonight.
Jeff, you telling me to enjoy my bed is just plain creepy. You are a sick libtard. FYI, my uber driver in Miami was Haitian,great guy but I really couldn't understand him. He was a happy sort nonetheless.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:03 AM   #62
Raider Ronnie
www.blackhullcharters.com
iTrader: (0)
 
Raider Ronnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: On my boat
Posts: 9,115
Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
When I used to give blood, they would ask if I had ever been to Haiti. If I answered yes, the Red Cross didn’t want my blood. If that’s not a sh*thole, is really hate to see what is.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Isn’t it true in Califoria they are fighting for the rights of people with AIDS to donate blood because they are being “discriminated”
Red Cross must be a bunch a racist !
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:34 AM   #63
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Haiti might not be the best place to visit, but the people who reported after the tragic quake said they were amazed with the character and strength of the people.

Enjoy your bed tonight.
Trump never said or implied that Haitian people were of poor character. He was being critical of the government. The people who run that country deserve to be lined up against a wall. Apunten...fuego!
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:35 AM   #64
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Beans View Post
WOW! I am sorry I had no idea of the extent of your mental illness. ...
It's called liberalism. A tragic affliction that I wouldn't wish on anyone.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:36 AM   #65
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Isn’t it true in Califoria they are fighting for the rights of people with AIDS to donate blood because they are being “discriminated”
Red Cross must be a bunch a racist !
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
When it's safer to let patients risk bleeding to death, than it is to give them my blood if I visited Haiti, that means it's a sh*thole.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:39 AM   #66
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Haiti might not be the best place to visit, .
Yeah, that's not intentionally watered-down or anything. Spence, if Obama said Haiti was the nicest place on Earth, would you reflexively sell your house and move there? Is party politics literally all that matters to you? You can't just say "Haiti is a horrible Godforsaken place", just because Trump said the same thing? He can't be correct if he said Haiti s*cks? You can't give him that? You're that close-minded?
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:50 AM   #67
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,355
Say what you want,the country shares the same soil and water as a vacation destination. One small difference is Haiti remains a crap hole and the other half is civilized enough to understand tourism. Don't blame the people,blame the government.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 11:36 AM   #68
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 2,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Beans View Post
WOW! I am sorry I had no idea of the extent of your mental illness. If I offended you in any way please tell your Mommy that I am sorry that she raised a very "special" little boy/girl....

You didnt read a word I said or put even an ounce of thought into your reply, it's just utter nonsense...
your very clear on you stance .. and how you feel about immigrants.. the only mental illness is your reasoning when it comes to immigration and how it works...

Even with all these immigrants from these #^&#^&#^&#^& hole country's and all the bad they bring (according to republicans) unemployment is at an all time low the markets up ... and republicans still want to blame immigration and keep the Base happy ( they are all still here and the sky hasn't fallen)
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 11:58 AM   #69
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
your very clear on you stance .. and how you feel about immigrants.. the only mental illness is your reasoning when it comes to immigration and how it works...

Even with all these immigrants from these #^&#^&#^&#^& hole country's and all the bad they bring (according to republicans) unemployment is at an all time low the markets up ... and republicans still want to blame immigration and keep the Base happy all still here and the sky hasn't fallen)
One thing that I sincerely admire about liberals, is that they want those at the bottom to get ahead. Liberals like to bemoan that those at the bottom, don't see rising wages. Part of the reason why, is that between legel/illegal immigration, we have millions of penniless, unskilled workers, willing to work for next to nothing.

WDMSO, when you increase the supply of something, do you know what happens to the value of that something? It decreases. It is beyond dispute, that immigration has limited the ability of poor Americans to earn more.

That is a fact. And it's worth considering, when detailing immigration policy. We can't act like there's no downside.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:14 PM   #70
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 18,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Jeff, you telling me to enjoy my bed is just plain creepy. You are a sick libtard. FYI, my uber driver in Miami was Haitian,great guy but I really couldn't understand him. He was a happy sort nonetheless.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Hahahahahaha...libtard. Classy there.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:15 PM   #71
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 18,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Isn’t it true in Califoria they are fighting for the rights of people with AIDS to donate blood because they are being “discriminated”
Red Cross must be a bunch a racist !
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Ummmm...no.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:17 PM   #72
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 18,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
It is beyond dispute, that immigration has limited the ability of poor Americans to earn more.
This is up there with the most absurd things ever said in this forum.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:21 PM   #73
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 2,523
https://www.npr.org/2018/01/13/57780...storical-prece

Interesting read
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:29 PM   #74
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 2,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
One thing that I sincerely admire about liberals, is that they want those at the bottom to get ahead. Liberals like to bemoan that those at the bottom, don't see rising wages. Part of the reason why, is that between legel/illegal immigration, we have millions of penniless, unskilled workers, willing to work for next to nothing.

WDMSO, when you increase the supply of something, do you know what happens to the value of that something? It decreases. It is beyond dispute, that immigration has limited the ability of poor Americans to earn more.

That is a fact. And it's worth considering, when detailing immigration policy. We can't act like there's no downside.
Immigration arguments like yours is like saying don't pee in the ocean it will turn it yellow ...
Immigration has no effect on poor American to earn more . But keep thinking that's why poor Americans are poor .... because of immigrants .. you nailed it
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:30 PM   #75
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,460
This would be a good time to hear again how minorities vote overwhelmingly for Democrats because of welfare and not because of what Republican say and think about them.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:38 PM   #76
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist
iTrader: (1)
 
JohnR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Somewhere between OOB & west of Watch Hill
Posts: 32,680
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
When I used to give blood, they would ask if I had ever been to Haiti. If I answered yes, the Red Cross didn’t want my blood. If that’s not a sh*thole, is really hate to see what is.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Funny - the bride and I lived in Germany for three years and we are not allowed to give blood either.

Lots of places have sh1tholes, some totally are sh!tholes, still not proper for the Pres to declare it the way he did. And minor surprise for people jumping on his sheit about it.. Don't let a good opportunity go to waste.

Simply there are good and bad people in all places, good or sheithole.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers


Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.


Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 01:07 PM   #77
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 2,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Funny - the bride and I lived in Germany for three years and we are not allowed to give blood either.

Lots of places have sh1tholes, some totally are sh!tholes, still not proper for the Pres to declare it the way he did. And minor surprise for people jumping on his sheit about it.. Don't let a good opportunity go to waste.

Simply there are good and bad people in all places, good or sheithole.
Still not proper for the Pres to declare it the way he did
that's all ways been the issue . Another example he creates his own issues with the press like this guy

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-eur...he-netherlands
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 01:13 PM   #78
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,581
No it’s not proper.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 01:16 PM   #79
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,355
A rose by any other name is still a rose
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 01:17 PM   #80
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Immigration arguments like yours is like saying don't pee in the ocean it will turn it yellow ...
Immigration has no effect on poor American to earn more . But keep thinking that's why poor Americans are poor .... because of immigrants .. you nailed it
Once again, a liberal responds to something I never even came close to saying. I didn’t say immigration causes poverty. But it doesn’t help. Maybe if you worked in the private sector for three seconds, or if you ever bothered to learn about economics, you’d understand. If you have a poor American making 10/hr, and you have a lot of immigrants willing to work for less, it makes it harder for him to get more. Not everyone is in a union where you get raises automatically, most of us have to command raises. It’s harder to do that with unskilled immigrants.

No sane person denies that. You deny it because you don’t happen to like it. Supply and demand exists whether your Bolshevik view likes it or not. I don’t like it either. But I know it exists.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 02:02 PM   #81
Cool Beans
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Cool Beans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 962
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Lots of places have sh1tholes, some totally are sh!tholes, still not proper for the Pres to declare it the way he did.
I'm not sure how saying this in a closed meeting with a handful of Senators is the same as "declaring" something to the world. I am sure every president we have ever had has said something similar to this, but it never made the news, but, since Trump has a CNN news crew living in his colon, every single time he passes gas, it makes the news.
Cool Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 06:48 PM   #82
Raider Ronnie
www.blackhullcharters.com
iTrader: (0)
 
Raider Ronnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: On my boat
Posts: 9,115
Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Ummmm...no.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device


I guess Howie Carr must be part of fake news.
It was a topic on his radio show a few weeks back.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 07:41 PM   #83
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
This is up there with the most absurd things ever said in this forum.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
OK, comrade, tell me what's wrong with this logic.

There are Americans with very low skills.

Most of them make low wages.

We would like them to be able to command higher wages.

When we bring in millions of unskilled immigrants, that's more competition, for the same number of low-skill jobs. When you increase supply of something without a proportional increase in demand for that something, the price for that something (in this case, the wages of low-skill workers) will decrease.

Furthermore, the illegals among the unskilled laborers, are willing to work for less than minimum wage. This drives down the market value of unskilled labor. Which , obviously, makes it harder for unskilled workers to command a higher wage in the free market. If there were fewer unskilled workers, those that remain, could demand a higher wage. Because of decreased supply.

Supply and demand, Spence...supply and demand. You never read page one of a college economics or finance text?



Instead of just saying "that's absurd", enlighten me. Educate me. Tell me where my logic is flawed.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 07:43 PM   #84
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Hahahahahaha...libtard. Classy there.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Foot, meet shoe.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 07:54 PM   #85
Cool Beans
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Cool Beans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
OK, comrade, tell me what's wrong with this logic.

There are Americans with very low skills.

Most of them make low wages.

We would like them to be able to command higher wages.

When we bring in millions of unskilled immigrants, that's more competition, for the same number of low-skill jobs. When you increase supply of something without a proportional increase in demand for that something, the price for that something (in this case, the wages of low-skill workers) will decrease.

Furthermore, the illegals among the unskilled laborers, are willing to work for less than minimum wage. This drives down the market value of unskilled labor. Which , obviously, makes it harder for unskilled workers to command a higher wage in the free market. If there were fewer unskilled workers, those that remain, could demand a higher wage. Because of decreased supply.

Supply and demand, Spence...supply and demand. You never read page one of a college economics or finance text?



Instead of just saying "that's absurd", enlighten me. Educate me. Tell me where my logic is flawed.
Be careful, you're making sense and some lefty is going to pop up and call you an arrogant racist... LOL

Last edited by Cool Beans; 01-14-2018 at 08:01 PM..
Cool Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:03 PM   #86
Nebe
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Nebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: newpawht
Posts: 20,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Beans View Post
Be careful, you're making sense and some lefty is going to pop up and call you an arrogant racist... LOL
He’s not arrogant.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:03 PM   #87
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Immigration has no effect on poor American to earn more .
You are saying that when there is an influx of a cheap supply of something (in this case, unskilled labor), that doesn't suppress the price of that something.

If you made $10 /hour cleaning toilets, and you went to your boss asking for a raise. And your boss knows there are immigrants willing to clean his toilets for less. Does that not reduce your chances of getting a raise?
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:04 PM   #88
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Beans View Post
Be careful, you're making sense and some lefty is going to pop up and call you an arrogant racist... LOL
That's when I know that I've won the debate.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:05 PM   #89
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
He’s not arrogant.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
You're right, but I'm WAY more arrogant than I am racist...
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:22 PM   #90
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
This would be a good time to hear again how minorities vote overwhelmingly for Democrats because of welfare and not because of what Republican say and think about them.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
What did George Bush, John McCain, and Mitt Romney say that was mean about minorities? They said derogatory things about minorities, and that's why they didn't do well with minorities? That's an interesting take on history.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com